Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

Post by White Riot »

Unbelievable Jeff wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:55 am Hi everyone, glad to be onboard. Supported United all my life in one form or another. I have quite a bit of time on my hands these days so a number of my posts won't be just football related, hope thats ok, just let me know if it isn't, lol. Cheers, Steve.
Welcome Steve,

Great to have you on board.

Thanks for joining the forum :tup:
Changnoy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Changnoy »

Hello to everyone,
Thanks for accepting me on the forum.
I have been looking at it as a non-member for awhile..and decided to join when i saw there wasnt any abuse when people have a difference of opinion..which is why i dont bother on other forums anymore..especially those groups on Facefook.

I have been following Leeds for over 50yrs..so have seen the ups & downs and ups & even further downs for that 16year spell.
Was so emotional when we returned to the EPL..and hopefully we will dig deep and remain this season :tup:
MikeEnglandisMyHero
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by MikeEnglandisMyHero »

Joining from Seattle Wa USA. And, yes somewhat joining because of JM (and because reading posts over the last couple of weeks has been interesting). But, if you follow the game (I am going to avoid using either f**tb*ll or s*ccer to maintain neutrality) you had to pay attention to Leeds when Bielsa took the helm...and what a ride it was to watch from afar.

I support the Seattle Sounders as I have since their first incarnation in 1974 which is where my forum name comes from. We had lots of UK players come through in the 70's, including a few legends, but no Leeds United players that I remember.

In addition I earned a post-grad degree remotely from the University of Leeds, which I think makes me an honorary resident right? I won't mention that I thoroughly enjoyed the Damned United movie.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

MikeEnglandisMyHero wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:17 pm
In addition I earned a post-grad degree remotely from the University of Leeds, which I think makes me an honorary resident right?
Good luck with that. I moved here at 3 months old, 67 years ago, and I still get attitude. And that’s from my mates.

Welcome, and by all means, call it soccer. Very forgiving bunch on here. ;-)
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
WEALLLOVELEEDS
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by WEALLLOVELEEDS »

Hello lads, it's night in Buenos Aires, it's raining, I haven't been here for a long time, I think I registered, I made a comment, and I didn't come back for a long time but I followed Leeds as much as I could, I have to clarify that I'm from River Plate here in Argentina but Leeds is the best in England, unfortunately here in Argentina we are very bad, I would love to live in Yorkshire but the numbers are not enough... I just come to read, I am anxious for the match against the Saints, it will give me a lot of anger if we end up in the relegation zone. I would love to go to Elland Road one day, I swear I would do anything, even at the club to be able to go to the field. Well I think that's all I'm going to read the other threads.
Oh, and f**k the SCUM. f**king hate Man U.
Leeds fan from Argentina!
Football League First Division
Champions (3): 1968–69, 1973–74, 1991–92
FA Cup
Winners (1): 1971–72
Football League Cup
Winners (1): 1967–68
Inter-Cities Fairs Cup
Winners (2): 1967–68, 1970–71

F'''ck Chel$ea.
F''ck Man U

WE KEEP THE WHITE FLAG FLYING HIGH :scarfe2:
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Greetings from the Black Hills of South Dakota, USA! I'm a lifelong fan of the beautiful game. Been aware of Leeds United Football Club since the 1970's. Have always known it's a big club. Followed them a bit during the O' Leary years in the Premiership. Watched in horror as this massive club in English Football were relegated. And kept an eye on their struggles in the lower divisions. My interest was really piqued when Marcelo Bielsa was appointed Manager in 2018. Bielsa is well known to Football/Futbol/Soccer fans in the America's. And I was fascinated to watch how this enigmatic controversial football genius would fare in English Football. And it was a great story to watch him transform Leeds United back into a club with ambition that played attractive football. Winning the Championship and getting promoted back into the Premiership. Pure Hollywood!

Now, my fellow American Jesse Marsch is the man in charge. Tasked first with keeping this great football club in the Premiership. And then moving it forward with even greater ambition to the heights that all Leeds supporters expect. How could I not be interested. I'm here to learn more about Leeds United Football Club. And to watch this next chapter in the long history of YOUR club. Respectfully, Cheers!!
Football/Futbol/Soccer
EasternLeeds
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by EasternLeeds »

Warm greetings from Romania!

Been supporting Leeds since 2000 and am one of those types that watches our matches with a LUFC scarf around my neck and praises the team in all my social and professional circles.

Allow me to share a story of my first and only visit (so far) to ER.

As you might imagine, it's not very easy financially to visit ER from my part of the world, but where there's a will there's a way. I talk fondly of Leeds Utd with my workmates and while I have changed a few jobs over the years, the reaction of my colleagues were always the same:
1) At first they would make fun of my unwavering support for a team that until recently was in the second tier of football
2) After a few weeks pass and I keep them updated about the going-ons at Leeds, they start to understand they're dealing with a fan that knows many Leeds united stadium chants and history of the club so they start to take kindly to Leeds
3) They start asking about the recent Leeds results or end up casually following the results by themselves

Back in 2018, my workmates actually chipped in and bought me a plane ticket to Leeds for my birthday, so that I can go see the last game of the season at home (We were playing QPR and I would get to see live a wonderful opening goal by Kemar Roofe with a bicycle kick)

Since there are o direct flights to Leeds from my area, what I actually got was a ticket to Sheffield airport with a low-cost flight.

I was accompanied by my brother and when we landed, we sat patiently in line at the passport checkpoint.

When we reached the bloke that was ding the passport check, he asked us for how long we are visiting and where are we staying. So i replied we're staying in Leeds.

Mind you, this was a Sheffield man in a Sheffield airport we were talking to. So when he heard that we were staying in Leeds he raised his gaze from our passports and asked us why are are visiting Leeds.

So I answered him: "We're going to see the best football team in the world, sir, Leeds United."

The look on his face was quite shocked as he took a moment and then replied with a grumpy tone "Might not let you in for that."

:)))

Lovely trip, lovely win that day.

Cheers mates.
LovelyLeeds
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by LovelyLeeds »

Joined this forum in 2011 and disappeared! (No I haven't been in prison - just life getting in the way).
So I'm re-introducing myself.
Leeds fan since 1972 (aged 11) and not really reading the memo, my dad heard me singing Blue is the Colour and thought I was a Chelsea fan. Nooooooo I just liked the song - I mean it was quite catchy wasn't it? Anyhoooo he only went and bought me a Chelsea PE Bag for Christmas. *shudder* I think I had my one and only tantrum and insisted he took it back for a Leeds PE bag - and he did!!! In those days, exchanging goods didn't really happen, but he swung it.
I remember asking my dad continually, 'who are that team in white' whilst watching MotD, and he would say, oh don't worry about that lot, support Aston Villa instead (born and bred to be fair). But I just couldn't do it, Leeds were the team I fell for, so Leeds it is to this day.
MOT
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

LovelyLeeds wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 5:51 pm Joined this forum in 2011 and disappeared! (No I haven't been in prison - just life getting in the way).
So I'm re-introducing myself.
Leeds fan since 1972 (aged 11) and not really reading the memo, my dad heard me singing Blue is the Colour and thought I was a Chelsea fan. Nooooooo I just liked the song - I mean it was quite catchy wasn't it? Anyhoooo he only went and bought me a Chelsea PE Bag for Christmas. *shudder* I think I had my one and only tantrum and insisted he took it back for a Leeds PE bag - and he did!!! In those days, exchanging goods didn't really happen, but he swung it.
I remember asking my dad continually, 'who are that team in white' whilst watching MotD, and he would say, oh don't worry about that lot, support Aston Villa instead (born and bred to be fair). But I just couldn't do it, Leeds were the team I fell for, so Leeds it is to this day.
MOT
"Shall I be Chelsea, Shall I be Leeds...... :whistle:
SOUTH STAND
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by SOUTH STAND »

So hi to everyone on here and thanks for letting me into the madhouse.

Yorkshire born lad here, family are massive Bradford City fans, in there eyes I’m the ugly ducking 😂

Followed Leeds since the early 90’s when I decided my mates were more Leeds than other teams… wouldn’t change those times.

I’m more of a football supporter who loves fast play and great games than following the stats, may sound boring but the entertainment is what makes me love football, I don’t need the bullsh*t of money in the game…. It kind of spoilt it for me tbh.

Anyway hi to all Uk, Us, Aussie and the rest of the Leeds fans… Leeds Leeds Leeds “chest pumps”

👍🏻
Last edited by SOUTH STAND on Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bluebucket
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Bluebucket »

Hi everyone, greetings from sunny Bournemouth. I've supported Leeds for over 30 years, through thin and thin. :P

I think these new signings of ours look promising, but I guess time will tell.

MOT :scar1
:scar1
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Bluebucket wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:56 pm Hi everyone, greetings from sunny Bournemouth. I've supported Leeds for over 30 years, through thin and thin. :P

I think these new signings of ours look promising, but I guess time will tell.

MOT :scar1
Welcome to MOT Bucket :tup:

I worked & lived in Bournemouth in the late 70's, early 80's, my brother lives near Sandbanks in Poole.
Bluebucket
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Bluebucket »

Cool.
:scar1
Victor_Notts-17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Victor_Notts-17 »

I've just joined. I'm Vic from Nottingham. 57. Life-long Leeds fan (since 72). Ex-Nottingham Whites member. I live in Sutton in Ashfield now. I own a guitar repair shop and I'm a postman. First Leeds forum I've been a member of for a few years. This one looked to be about the best. Last Forum I was in was Unofficial Leeds United...
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote:I've just joined. I'm Vic from Nottingham. 57. Life-long Leeds fan (since 72). Ex-Nottingham Whites member. I live in Sutton in Ashfield now. I own a guitar repair shop and I'm a postman. First Leeds forum I've been a member of for a few years. This one looked to be about the best. Last Forum I was in was Unofficial Leeds United...
Hi Vic welcome. You don't deliver to my mate Mr Sheridan do you ?

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Victor_Notts-17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

BGwhite wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:06 pm Hi Vic welcome. You don't deliver to my mate Mr Sheridan do you ?
LOL Can't say I do tbh
DownTheM1
Ballboy
Ballboy
Twitter: broun

Post by DownTheM1 »

Heya ... Respectful Anglo-American Villa supporter here. Not much to say -- just want to follow the discussions. Like some other Americans, very excited about Jesse Marsch and can't wait to see what happens next season. My mate is a Man United fan, and he's also eager for Leeds. I guess it's a source of pride for us to have an American managing one of the great clubs. Peace.
Victor_Notts-17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

DownTheM1 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:00 pm Heya ... Respectful Anglo-American Villa supporter here. Not much to say -- just want to follow the discussions. Like some other Americans, very excited about Jesse Marsch and can't wait to see what happens next season. My mate is a Man United fan, and he's also eager for Leeds. I guess it's a source of pride for us to have an American managing one of the great clubs. Peace.
Welcome to the forum :tup:
Quagmire
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Quagmire »

Hey all,

American fan and yes I was one before Marsch etc etc lol. Been a fan since the Eddie Lewis days :)

I have a very good feeling about Aaronson and Adams and this season in general.

Thank you!
Nothing like a steak and a good beer
TonyT
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by TonyT »

I started my love of Leeds United in 1962, when I was 15. Being half Welsh I was in awe of Gary Sprake. However my all-time hero has to be Norman (bites yet legs) Hunter.
I supported Fulham as a 9/ 10 year old and so, when Allan Clarke joined Leeds, I was delighted and since then Leeds United has been my only team.