Weight/fitness.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
Chilli D
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8784
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Weight/fitness.

Post by Chilli D »

Rook wrote: ↑Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:56 am Does anyone here eat 3 meals a day?

I ask because i usually only eat 1 meal a day ( teatime )

Can't remember the last time i had a breakfast. All i consume during the day is coffee and water.
No wonder you're as skinny as a rake Rook
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
User avatar
velo
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4179
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:06 pm

Re: Weight/fitness.

Post by velo »

Rook wrote: ↑Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:56 am Does anyone here eat 3 meals a day?

I ask because i usually only eat 1 meal a day ( teatime )
5.30 in the morning and stop at bed time
Can't remember the last time i had a breakfast. All i consume during the day is coffee and water.
Yes mate I start eating at 5.30 am and stop at bedtime, I only eat small portions though
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
User avatar
Rook
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1513
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:02 pm

Re: Weight/fitness.

Post by Rook »

velo wrote: ↑Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:24 pm Yes mate I start eating at 5.30 am and stop at bedtime, I only eat small portions though

So, you eat before you get into bed?

If i have my tea ( dinner ) any later than 8pm i struggle to sleep.

Not that I've had much sleep this week because of this horrible heat. :x
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20754
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Weight/fitness.

Post by whiteswan »

Azkal wrote: ↑Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:24 am Food Swannie, not alcohol, no need to panic ;-)
Cheeky! :)
Mountain
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:20 am

Re: Weight/fitness.

Post by Mountain »

Rook wrote: ↑Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:56 am Does anyone here eat 3 meals a day?

I ask because i usually only eat 1 meal a day ( teatime )

Can't remember the last time i had a breakfast. All i consume during the day is coffee and water.
Yep, every day.

Bowl of cereal, muesli/weetabix/bran flakes.

Lunch is always a sandwich. Always.

Dinner can be anything, pasta/rice/potatoes + meat/chicken/fish + veg.
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20754
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Weight/fitness.

Post by whiteswan »

Anonymous wrote: ↑Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:25 am It was a slow start, shall we say. Going to the pub today too, but walking to one four miles away.

I find 'fast' days quite easy to do... more so than feeling I've got to constantly watch everything and never have anything nice.
I've been trying to lose weight since January but it's a lost cause really. I count calories so I can enjoy what I want but monthly visits to elderly parents for a week make it extremely difficult so I end up eating anything and everything. I'm also a midnight muncher unfortunately. Summer barbeques don't help either! I did manage to lose over 3 stone a few years ago but most of it is back on now.
User avatar
velo
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4179
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:06 pm

Re: Weight/fitness.

Post by velo »

Rook wrote: ↑Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:41 pm So, you eat before you get into bed?

If i have my tea ( dinner ) any later than 8pm i struggle to sleep.

Not that I've had much sleep this week because of this horrible heat. :x
Yes mate ,I'm more of a grazer than eating meals, tbh I don't eat big meals, pointless going out for a meal, aa I leave over half of it, but I'm hungry an hour latter
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
User avatar
Chilli D
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8784
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Weight/fitness.

Post by Chilli D »

velo wrote: ↑Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:40 am I've been on a diet since 1st of May, at that time I was 12 stone, 5'7", Icut out alcohol, redused bread and pasta and increased my weekly cycling from around 150 miles a week to just over 200. Today I'm down to 11 stone which seems to be the norm foe MOT
That's impressive weekly mileage Velo. What part of the country are you and what sort of speed do you ride at?
Due to my work and family life I usually just have time for a ride of between 30-60 miles on a Sunday morning and I use my spin bike in the evenings 2 or 3 times a week.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
User avatar
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 14816
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: Weight/fitness.

Post by lufc1304 »

6'4" and 15.5 stone. According to the BMI, I'm clinically obese which is bullshit. I carry a bit of weight around my middle but that's it, and at almost 53, I'm pretty relaxed about it. Walk my dog for an hour and a half every day, longer at the weekends, limit my alcohol consumption to weekends only and try to eat healthily, though I am an exponent of everything in moderation. Crisps and nuts my big downfall, a multi-pack has been known to go in one extended sitting!!!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
User avatar
velo
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4179
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:06 pm

Re: Weight/fitness.

Post by velo »

Chilli D wrote: ↑Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:00 am That's impressive weekly mileage Velo. What part of the country are you and what sort of speed do you ride at?
Due to my work and family life I usually just have time for a ride of between 30-60 miles on a Sunday morning and I use my spin bike in the evenings 2 or 3 times a week.
I live in the East Midlands, roughly junction 25 of the M1.
On longer rides I will ave 17 mph, the roads around here are rolling so no big hills to climb.
I do two chain gangs mid week of approx 30 miles ave on them is 21- 23 depending on who's out.
I do a couple 1-1.5 hour solo rides, ave 18- 20
I also ride on Zwift twice a week as recovery/ fasted fat burning rides, more chatting than riding .
What sort of speeds do you do mate?
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
User avatar
velo
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4179
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:06 pm

Re: Weight/fitness.

Post by velo »

Anonymous wrote: ↑Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:50 am I think it's mainly a state of mind for me; a habitual lifestyle thing of seeing indulgence as the exception rather than the norm. The lockdowns messed with that, and it became too easy to comfort eat and drink too much. I'm only just getting out of that mindset now.
Definitely a state of mind, I've been there many times, feeling low and comfort eating and drinking is only a short term fix . I found that once I had decided I wanted to lose the weight, It became a bit of a goal for me, I need goals to motivate myself, the first 2 weeks were tough, but it gets easier. You can do it, if you really want it.
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
User avatar
Chilli D
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8784
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Weight/fitness.

Post by Chilli D »

velo wrote: ↑Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:10 am I live in the East Midlands, roughly junction 25 of the M1.
On longer rides I will ave 17 mph, the roads around here are rolling so no big hills to climb.
I do two chain gangs mid week of approx 30 miles ave on them is 21- 23 depending on who's out.
I do a couple 1-1.5 hour solo rides, ave 18- 20
I also ride on Zwift twice a week as recovery/ fasted fat burning rides, more chatting than riding .
What sort of speeds do you do mate?
Not quite as quick as you mate.
If I ride on my own my rides are usually 16-17mph. I also ride with a group called the 'Outliers' who are a breakaway group formed from Boxford Bike Club where we were all members but have since moved a bit further away. Those rides are more relaxed and are 15-16mph.
I averaged 18mph for 100 miles on Ride London five years ago but that was easier riding in large groups.
I'm looking forward to going to North Yorkshire next month for three days of riding with my cousin.
Proper climbs up there.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
User avatar
velo
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4179
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:06 pm

Re: Weight/fitness.

Post by velo »

Chilli D wrote: ↑Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:24 am Not quite as quick as you mate.
If I ride on my own my rides are usually 16-17mph. I also ride with a group called the 'Outliers' who are a breakaway group formed from Boxford Bike Club where we were all members but have since moved a bit further away. Those rides are more relaxed and are 15-16mph.
I averaged 18mph for 100 miles on Ride London five years ago but that was easier riding in large groups.
I'm looking forward to going to North Yorkshire next month for three days of riding with my cousin.
Proper climbs up there.
That's great mate, First year I haven't joined a club, can't do with all the weekend warriors must be getting old
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14648
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: Weight/fitness.

Post by hector »

lufc1304 wrote: ↑Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:09 am , a multi-pack has been known to go in one extended sitting!!!
is that a 6 pack multipack or the bigger 24 pack??

:)
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 14816
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: Weight/fitness.

Post by lufc1304 »

hector wrote: ↑Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:28 pm is that a 6 pack multipack or the bigger 24 pack??

:)
I'm not going to dignify that with an answer!!!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14648
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: Weight/fitness.

Post by hector »

lufc1304 wrote: ↑Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:34 pm I'm not going to dignify that with an answer!!!
aaaahhhhh the 24 pack

;-) ;-)

:) :)
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14648
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: Weight/fitness.

Post by hector »

Anonymous wrote: ↑Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:13 pm Yes, I'll definitely do it, because there are certain thresholds I don't want to cross, and I'm getting close to that. Being a bit larger in certain areas isn't always bad though!
Aye... a fat arse is always more comfortable to sit on... :shock: :shock:



I know.. :) :)
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
velo
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4179
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:06 pm

Re: Weight/fitness.

Post by velo »

Anonymous wrote: ↑Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:13 pm Yes, I'll definitely do it, because there are certain thresholds I don't want to cross, and I'm getting close to that. Being a bit larger in certain areas isn't always bad though!
Good for you I refuse to comment any further as it would be used against me :o
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20754
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Weight/fitness.

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: ↑Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:15 pm Aye... a fat arse is always more comfortable to sit on... :shock: :shock:



I know.. :) :)
You.....could be in big trouble :shock:
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20754
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Weight/fitness.

Post by whiteswan »

Anonymous wrote: ↑Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:50 am I think it's mainly a state of mind for me; a habitual lifestyle thing of seeing indulgence as the exception rather than the norm. The lockdowns messed with that, and it became too easy to comfort eat and drink too much. I'm only just getting out of that mindset now.
I just need to get into the right frame of mind, if I can then I know I can shift the kilos. I'm classed as overweight by BMI which is a relief that I'm not classed as obese because I have been before. Being only 4ft 11' really doesn't help matters :)
Post Reply