Your Lows Of The 2021/22 Season.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Your Lows Of The 2021/22 Season.

Post by 1964white »

NOT TO INCLUDE THE DISMISSAL OF MARCELO OR THE APPOINTMENT OF JESSE

Discussions on those subjects have had plenty of airings already.
1964white

Re: Your Lows Of The 2021/22 Season.

Post by 1964white »

My ten disappointments

Bamford injury, especially so early in the season.

Kalvin injury, seem to be missing for ages.

3-0 defeat at Everton & all the other batterings. (I hate it when Leeds lose, but heavy defeats feel even worse)

Performance at Southampton, it felt like we didn't turn up.

Ayling's reckless challenge at The Emirates.

Recruitment in the summer & January windows.

The signing of Dan James never excited me as a £25m purchase should do.

Firpo, no better & not as effective as Alioski. 11 yellows in 19 appearances (5 as a sub) is ridiculous.

The sparingly use of Gelhardt, Cresswell & Greenwood when required.

Dallas horrific injury.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Losing to moanchester twice, and heavily.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Basically the whole bloody thing . The first season was always going to be tough to follow and pre season have a lot of indicators .
Recruitment was very poor , injury after injury and players seemingly very below par ......Ayling back to his headless chicken act much of the time , Forshaw seen as almost another new signing . By Xmas the story was , get a few of the casualties back and everything would be fine , I think we all bought into that , quite reasonably really , but when some of them came back they were either complete rubbish or got injured again .
Really , it's just a season to forget and nothing else, just hope those at the top of the club have learnt their lesson which at the moment it looks like they have.....stand still and you are falling behind .
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

3-0 to Everton.

That for me was a low point because of how bad we looked compared to a team who we were competing with.

That was my Wigan game

Really felt we would go down then.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:25 am Losing to moanchester twice, and heavily.
Strange, as we got ourselves back into both games, then caved in.

The difference in our home game at 2-2 was scum made two quality substitutions in Fred & Elanga, whilst we had nothing more to offer off the bench or enough in the tank to take advantage, both their subs scored scums 3rd & 4th goals.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Clacton White wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:39 am Basically the whole bloody thing . The first season was always going to be tough to follow and pre season have a lot of indicators .
Recruitment was very poor , injury after injury and players seemingly very below par ......Ayling back to his headless chicken act much of the time , Forshaw seen as almost another new signing . By Xmas the story was , get a few of the casualties back and everything would be fine , I think we all bought into that , quite reasonably really , but when some of them came back they were either complete rubbish or got injured again .
Really , it's just a season to forget and nothing else, just hope those at the top of the club have learnt their lesson which at the moment it looks like they have.....stand still and you are falling behind .
I've always insisted the pre-season was a major concern, we never really got going.

That Radz tweet in regard to Forshaw was a joke. Not Adam's fault, he did his best but, he certainly wasn't the answer to resolve the gaping hole in our midfield.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:12 am 3-0 to Everton.

That for me was a low point because of how bad we looked compared to a team who we were competing with.

That was my Wigan game

Yes Cjay, any positivity I had left in my mind was drained out of me after that shambles.

Wigan is a great comparison.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Cjay wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:12 am 3-0 to Everton.

That was my Wigan game

Ditto. Had belief up until that point, but we made an abject Everton side look like league winners. This game gave me the fear that we were doomed.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

30 mins in v Arsenal, 2-0 down ,Ayling off and Everton beating a weak Leicester to put us in bottom 3.
Always thought we would stay up somehow until then, but the drop suddenly became real .
WestgateRun
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by WestgateRun »

When it became evident that we were conceding too many goals. So it became difficult to get any points from a game.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

WestgateRun wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:00 am When it became evident that we were conceding too many goals. So it became difficult to get any points from a game.
5 clean sheets in 38 games is atrocious.

Two vs Watford, Two vs Palace & the other at Brighton.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Half time v Wolves. The first half was the omnishambles, and coming so soon after being destroyed by Villa and needing a late late winner to scrape past Norwich, it all looked grim.

Then Jiminez was sent off...
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

August to May inclusive except the final game at Brentford.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

The Norwich game away. The players looked disinterested and we made heavy work of beating the worst team in the Premiership for years. The righting was on the wall for the rest of the season.

Watching LUFC became a chore of hope over expectation with both managers.

James as a 9 became as predictable as it was depressing.

Gelhardt, Bate and Creswell were under used throughout the season.

All I all for me, one the worst seasons as a long time fan.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

VinnysTattoo wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:52 am The Norwich game away. The players looked disinterested and we made heavy work of beating the worst team in the Premiership for years. The righting was on the wall for the rest of the season.
I was at that Norwich game Vinny, my god it was hard work, a soft goal from Rodrigo won the game for us. All in all a good day out, there weren't many.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Bamford stupidly injuring himself on the day he returned from injury after being out for weeks - what an idiot
Burnley winning three of their games in hand on the bounce after sacking Dyche....then I knew we were in trouble
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:18 pm Bamford stupidly injuring himself on the day he returned from injury after being out for weeks - what an
Burnley winning three of their games in hand on the bounce after sacking Dyche....then I knew we were in trouble
You've never forgiven Paddy for that stupid exuberant celebration, Swannie.

Who'd have thought Burnley would win those three games in hand, injuries and fatigue caught up with them, plus their luck ran out in the end.
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

The whole season was a disappointment, the only high point was staying up on the last day
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

velo wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:22 pm The whole season was a disappointment, the only high point was staying up on the last day
True velo, I was ecstatic at the final whistle final game.