Kalvin Phillips

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Kalvin Phillips.- Medical tomorrow (Friday 1st July)

Post by Kennyb41 »

Aussieleeds wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:10 am You know nothing about me and I don’t give a toss what childish name you want to call me.

But for someone who likes to ‘name’ others it is a bit worrying how sensitive you are to the term ‘boy’. So, I truly apologise if I’ve inadvertently misgendered you, Kenny.
Ur getting on mi tits now Aussie git, use boy if you like, use girl, use cant, use tranny, i couldn't give a flying.

Dya know owt about KPs medical, has he one ball or two ?

Are you in the BErt out camp, you seem to be getting a little obsessed ?

Dya think big Jesse will play DJ up front or in goal?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

In a desperate attempt to get the thread somewhat back on track.

Do we think the way thus move has gone down will impact KP's legacy?

Will the fans forgive him for effectively forcing the terms of his own transfer?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Overman wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:58 am Well there you go, you can have cuppa and give yourself a pat on the back.
:lol:
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Aussieleeds wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:03 pm Kenny boy, I think you’ve summed up the problem perfectly. DJ may have been a great signing from Swansea. But last July, he was definitely NOT what we needed. Unfortunately MB’s obsession took priority over investment in other positions that MB didn’t think were needed.

Do you think James should have been a priority last July? Simple question.

You point out that ManU signed him so he must be good. Did ManU pay £25m? No. And strangely enough, they played him as a winger … weird eh?

Yes, I know, another year under MB, and James would be Salah and Aguero rolled into one.

I know, you want us to believe that MB had nothing to do with any transfer that went wrong but single-handedly signed Raph. But no one other than you believes Orta would have paid £25m for James unless MB was insisting on the deal.

I’m also still trying to find where Ryan Giggs says he thinks Dan James is a top striker.

Keep up the name calling .. it highlights your limitations.
Good points Aussie. Ignore the childish abuse.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:22 am In a desperate attempt to get the thread somewhat back on track.

Will the fans forgive him for effectively forcing the terms of his own transfer?
Well Cjay, who do we ultimately put it down to huh ?

The lad should be advised all along the way and kept informed, Citeh should know nowt apart from there being other interested parties, and then you go into cloak and dagger discussion, but we've got the 3 stooges each with a begging bowl in their hands.

Of course KP's wants have to come into consideration at some point, it's his future ffs, but with the Marx brothers anything could happen, i wish him well, he's got the best chance for his future and family and his football, and Berts done us proud getting his value up to 45m from 2.5m, time will now tell.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:22 am In a desperate attempt to get the thread somewhat back on track.

Would he had gone to the red half of Manchester if Pep had been in charge there? Like to think he wouldn’t, so I console myself that him wanting to go exclusively to Citeh wouldn’t have pissed us off so much.

Legacy? For me he was a bang average midfielder who was elevated to the top by MB. I know this will stiffen Kenny’s pencil but when MB left it seems he reverted back to type.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Once KP starting mixing with the likes of Grealish it was over.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm fine with it unless it's a stick to beat Rads/Orta/FO with....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:17 pm
Once KP starting mixing with the likes of Grealish it was over.
Said ages ago that his buddy Grealish had whispered in his ear.....
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

He's effectively gone,was great for 2 3 seasons notwithstanding injuries. Does he compare with greats from the past absolutely not imo. Can I just say this place has gone down hill very quickly.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:43 pm He's effectively gone,was great for 2 3 seasons notwithstanding injuries. Does he compare with greats from the past absolutely not imo. Can I just say this place has gone down hill very quickly.
In what way, MJ?
wilsdenwhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by wilsdenwhite »

No matter the system we play going forward I will regard KP as a big miss, both on the field and as a face at the club. He did very well for us overall and served us well. He leaves with with by best wishes. It matters to me that a player gives 100% and he did that. The job of the club is to now limit how much of a miss he will turn out to be. In a similar situation to where Ben White came in to limit how big a miss Pontus was, the signing of Roca or any upcoming signing needs to be more than adequate to help fill KP's boots. If we fail we could once again be in serious trouble.

I think it's a shame some people's opinion of KP has been diminished by his transfer but each to their own. He hasn't stopped being a great footballer, a England International or a very decent bloke overnight because of the transfer. He was one of 3 players we missed hugely for large parts of last season and going back over the last four years a player we missed hugely when he was injured, the with and without KP stats proved that over the last four seasons.

Good luck to the lad I say but he means very little to me now. I only care about Leeds players. He will get plenty of games at Man C over the next few years if he plays at his best and remains injury free. I hope it turns out to be a good move for him but I'm sure he understands that wherever he went he'll never be loved as much as he was when he was at Leeds. The love definitely seemed mutual and that's why I wish him all the best along with the fact he is a very good footballer and deserves to win things. It's just a shame it couldn't have been with us.

To answer your questions honestly, fans have to remember and indeed most accepted that he was on his way out of the club this summer one way or another. To talk about a legacy we have to understand and remember what a player has done for the club first and foremost, so for me his legacy remains intact and assured. He went from an average nobody to a England International and he did that while he was with us meaning we benefited a great deal from his progress and worth to the team. The transfer fee wasn't what I hoped but by the same token wasn't too harsh, all things considered. I think we were done by about another 10 million at best but it is what it is.

Already forgiven, if that is in fact what he has done, so be it. Time for everyone to move on.
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

1964white wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:12 pm In what way, MJ?
Do I really need to answer 64 ,constantly returning to you you know who at every conceivable opportunity . Its worn thin for me chap..
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:22 am Do we think the way thus move has gone down will impact KP's legacy?
KP's legacy is so tarnished I'm even boycotting their peanuts.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:15 pm Do I really need to answer 64 ,constantly returning to you you know who at every conceivable opportunity . Its worn thin for me chap..
Always good to hear your thoughts, MJ :tup:
hector

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:32 pm Always good to hear your thoughts, MJ :tup:
I put my thoughts in the mod forum '64
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:38 pm I put my thoughts in the mod forum '64
Yes, read & digested my dear Hector :tup:
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Seeing we have this obsession with evaluating players with pricetags and like to convince ourselves we either

1. Paid too much for said player
Or 2. Got ripped in the sale.

Which means we are never really happy.

I dont blame him for leaving. He has paid his due, stuck by us after we missed out in 2019 even when he was beimg coaxed to leave to furtuer his International careeer.

This story about him only wanting to sign for City and it forcing the price down will probably follow him wherever he goes now.

True or not.

For someone who tries to understand how the professonal game works I will take pride in a great player, forged in Leeds, moulded by Bielsa and England and now getting a chance on the biggest club stage of all.

We aren't a top club. Not our fault. Not the owners fault either.

I wish him well. At the same time when he plays us I will boo every time he touches the ball.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Lufcste
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Lufcste »

This one hurts....
Attachments
Screenshot (11).png
Screenshot (11).png (196.79 KiB) Viewed 607 times
ALL LEEDS AREN'T WEEEEEEEE
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

BREAKING....KALVIN PHILIPS

Post by whiteswan »

Kalvin Philip's joins Man City on a six year deal "I'm delighted to be joining Manchester City who have proven again they are the best team in the Country"