The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 5th July) Sinisterra set to sign in £20m deal

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 5th July) Sinisterra set to sign in £20m deal

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Tuesday 5th July, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Sinisterra set to sign in £20m deal

Luis Sinisterra is expected to be unveiled as Leeds fifth signing of the Summer later this week, after Phil Hay announced that Victor Orta was in advanced talks with Dutch outfit Feyenoord over the Columbian International winger in a deal worth £20m

The 23 year old has racked up 76 appearances for Dutch Giants Feyenoord since his arrival at the De Kuip four years ago for €2m. Sinisterra is right footed, but plays almost exclusively on the left. He likes to run at defenders, and create shooting opportunities, both for himself, and his teammates. Last season, he netted 23 goals and provided 14 assists.

Sinisterra may not be the big name many of us were hoping for as a replacement for Raphinha, but if he can replicate his form of last season, Premier League defenders better be on their toes.

Marsch gets his man

Tyler Adams is set to join Leeds later this week after Victor Orta's charm offensive finally rubbed off on his German counterparts. Naturally, the RB Leipzig hierarchy are more than a little dubious about dealing with Leeds, following the Jean-Kevin Augustin debacle 18 months ago, which is yet to be concluded by the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Somehow, Leeds Director of Football maintained good relations with Leipzig, and has persuaded them to negotiate a total fee (inclusive of add-ons) of £20m. It is believed that Adams played his part too, expressing his desire to link back up with Jesse Marsch. Leeds are wanting to get the deals of Adams and Sinisterra concluded before the end of the week.

Leeds have held exploratory dialogue with interested parties over Jack Harrison

The Chief Football Writer for the YEP Graham Smyth has revealed that Leeds have held exploratory dialogue with multiple parties for Jack Harrison, although no bids have come forward yet.

Newcastle, West Ham and Newcastle have all shown a keen interest in the former Manchester City winger this Summer, though Leeds won't be in a hurry to offload the 25 year old. It is believed that Harrison may have become a little disillusioned after the shambles of last season, prompting speculation about his future at Elland Road.

Harrison has two years remaining on his three-year contract, and is believed to be one of Leeds higher paid stars at £60,000 a week.

Leeds must keep Meslier

In his latest Q & A session in the YEP, Graham Smyth has insisted that Leeds can't afford to lose shot stopper Illan Meslier this Summer. The 22yo made more saves than any other top flight keeper last season, helping them maintain their Premier League status. According to Smyth, the young Frenchman is the only player in the current squad capable of 'going on to the next level'.
“I wouldn’t say Leeds are looking to move Illan Meslier on but he’s the one in the squad that you would think will be capable of going on to the next level and playing European football.” “What Leeds don’t want is a scenario where multiple players are lost at once. Selling two, as they are, is just about manageable but the situation with any squad has to be very delicately balanced.”

Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 5th July) Sinisterra set to sign in £20m deal

Post by Scoobychief »

get him in
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 5th July) Sinisterra set to sign in £20m deal

Post by 1964white »

Good news all round.

This transfer window could be our best one ever, even though we've lost Kalvin & possibly Raphinha, providing all the new signings settle in nicely at ER,
Victor_Notts-17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Victor_Notts-17 »

We can't complain can we! That's a statement not a question btw...

I'd still like a brick sh**house no nonsense number 9, a LB and an experienced GK. I am a huge fan of brick sh**house centre forwards a la Latchford/Viduka. That bloke at Fulham (the one we don't like). I'd still buy him. He scores goals...
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:48 am We can't complain can we! That's a statement not a question btw...

I'd still like a brick sh**house no nonsense number 9, a LB and an experienced GK. I am a huge fan of brick sh**house centre forwards a la Latchford/Viduka. That bloke at Fulham (the one we don't like). I'd still buy him. He scores goals...
Welcome fella.

I was interviewing Brian Deane at the weekend, and he was saying the same kind of thing. He'd like to see Leeds man up a bit, but cut out stupid yellow cards for dissent.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

If we sign Sinisterra as a replacement for Rapha, where does that leave Summerville?
I'm guessing Harrison (if he stays) and James will compete for the left hand side?
I can't honestly see JM persevering with James down the middle.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Chilli D wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:27 am If we sign Sinisterra as a replacement for Rapha, where does that leave Summerville?
I'm guessing Harrison (if he stays) and James will compete for the left hand side?
I can't honestly see JM persevering with James down the middle.
Sinisterra also left sided ..
Last edited by The Subhuman on Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

faaip wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:30 am Sinisterra also left sided ..
Ah okay then, maybe the reason we're apparently thinking of off loading Harrison?
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Very early days of course but I think that Darko Gyabi could end up being the bargain of the season.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Chilli D wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:34 am Very early days of course but I think that Darko Gyabi could end up being the bargain of the season.
So do I, I really don't think City wanted to lose him at all
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:34 am Very early days of course but I think that Darko Gyabi could end up being the bargain of the season.
And me too :tup:
Clitheroe White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clitheroe White »

Why do you think that?

He is really young and has limited experience so would love to know where you source your optimism. BTW - I hope you are right, I just haven't seen any evidence (It wasn't on BBC's wonder kids when he was 16... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/54171653) .
Victor_Notts-17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Victor_Notts-17 »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:01 am Welcome fella.
Cheers :tup:
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Nice for us to get some deals done early, I know they haven't PL experience and could go either way, but, they all know each other, they know the manager and his style of play, they all have each others trust, that is a very good thing.
If JM continues with DJ up front then he;s a bigger fool than I took him for, hopefully he won't entertain that idea unless absolutely neccessary through injuries etc, but, we have JG, and JM will hopefully use him to maximum potential.
JH & DJ, may become squad players, I like that, bit of competition for places and gives them the kick up the arse they badly need.
IM, imo is going nowhere, we need to nip those silly ideas quickly in t'bud.
Get a back up keeper and CF, oh, and left back.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Johnboy1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnboy1965 »

Really pleased that we've been proactive in the transfer market this time around and if the new lads settle in quickly then we'll be OK.
The one thing that does concern me a little is the lack of PL experience.
Would like to see an older head with PL experience to help guide the less experienced players through what is one of the toughest leagues in the world.
Not as easy at it sounds I know but that's what I'd be asking Orta to do next.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

I kinda think...Dutch league, might as well flip a coin. It seems like clubs find it really hard to read performance there, so there has been some great buys like Van Persie and Van Nistelrooy but lots and lots of poor buys that looked great on paper, Alfonso Alves, Huntelaar, Van De Beek, Janssen, Blind etc.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Johnboy1965 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:03 am Really pleased that we've been proactive in the transfer market this time around and if the new lads settle in quickly then we'll be OK.
The one thing that does concern me a little is the lack of PL experience.
Would like to see an older head with PL experience to help guide the less experienced players through what is one of the toughest leagues in the world.
Not as easy at it sounds I know but that's what I'd be asking Orta to do next.
Klich/Cooper/Bamford/Ayling/Harrison, older wiser heads we're not short of and they're all still prem quality
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Welcome Victor and Clitheroe, would you mind me asking if you were happy to see Bert go ?

I don't wanna pap on about it just a yes or no, some here will have an epileptic otherwise.
Last edited by Kennyb41 on Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Afternoon all.

All these changes ... wow.

We wont know ourselves.

Just think we can have proper team selection discussions now :)

Still awaiting news on Raph
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

The Sierra Leone Football Association (SLFA) has launched an investigation into two first division matches that finished with scorelines of 91-1 and 95-0.

The West African country’s football governing body confirmed it was investigating officials and players who were involved in two Eastern Regional Super 10 League fixtures that saw Gulf FC beat Koquima Lebanon 91-1 and Lumbenbu United beaten 95-0 by Kahula Rangers.

The SLFA said the results were “impractical” and promised “zero tolerance” of any “match manipulation”.

A statement said: “In compliance with FIFA and CAF rules against match manipulation or anything of sort, SLFA maintains zero tolerance. “The general public is therefore assured that the said matter will be thoroughly investigated and anyone found culpable will face the full force of the law.”

If confirmed, the two scorelines would rank among the highest recorded in football history. The highest is thought to have occurred in Madagascar in 2002 when AS Adema beat SO l’Emyrne 149-0. The SO l’Emyrne players intentionally scored one own goal after another in protest over refereeing decisions with which they disagreed.