Darko Gyabi

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Re: Darko Gyabi-DEAL DONE

Post by WhiteRose »

Whether it’s deliberate or not I don’t know but usually when we sign players for under 23’s it says that in the announcement of the player so on that alone he might be going in to the first team initially.

It’s unlikely but You never know, in a couple years time we might be looking back on this saying we got the better deal
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Do we think Gyabi is a first team player?

Find it hard to believe we spent £5mil on an u23 and frankly we as a club are in the position to ve doing that.

Is he seen as an option for the first team?

If so is it

Roca
Adams
Forshaw
Klich
Bate
Gyabi
Gray
As options?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:11 pm Do we think Gyabi is a first team player?

Find it hard to believe we spent £5mil on an u23 and frankly we as a club are in the position to ve doing that.

Is he seen as an option for the first team?

If so is it

Roca
Adams
Forshaw
Klich
Bate
Gyabi
Gray
As options?
Certainly a long list. We're talking about 2 DMC positions. I see Klich more as an AMC. But he's capable of playing further back and you'd think more likely to than the under 18's listed. Don't forget Greenwood played there against Brentford too.

Forshaw has to stay to maintain some experience. But I see Klich as surplus now in this new Marsch set up.

I'd say Adams, Roca, Forshaw are competing for the starting spot. Klich might leave. The idea of Marsch saying GRay would play first team football raises more questions. Is Bate going out on loan? What about Gyabi? As mentioned, we can't afford to spend 5 million on a player to sit in the reserves for a year or so, or to head out on loan.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

A friend of mine, who is a City fan, said he was gutted DG left. He rates KP highly and said that he was a great signing for them but that he thinks within 2 years DG will be better than KP.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Klich is not a DMF, he's a CMF with AMF leanings
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

weasel wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:23 pm A friend of mine, who is a City fan, said he was gutted DG left. He rates KP highly and said that he was a great signing for them but that he thinks within 2 years DG will be better than KP.
Good to hear
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Interesting Southampton spent double on Romeo Lavia, they must think he is ready to start in the PL.

Still hope we can look at James McAtee if available.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:23 pm A friend of mine, who is a City fan, said he was gutted DG left. He rates KP highly and said that he was a great signing for them but that he thinks within 2 years DG will be better than KP.
That's encoraging news, Weasel :tup:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:21 pm Certainly a long list. We're talking about 2 DMC positions. I see Klich more as an AMC. But he's capable of playing further back and you'd think more likely to than the under 18's listed. Don't forget Greenwood played there against Brentford too.

Forshaw has to stay to maintain some experience. But I see Klich as surplus now in this new Marsch set up.

I'd say Adams, Roca, Forshaw are competing for the starting spot. Klich might leave. The idea of Marsch saying GRay would play first team football raises more questions. Is Bate going out on loan? What about Gyabi? As mentioned, we can't afford to spend 5 million on a player to sit in the reserves for a year or so, or to head out on loan.
What's wrong with having multiple options?
Victor_Notts-17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Victor_Notts-17 »

Klich isn't premiership quality wherever he plays IMO
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:22 am Klich isn't premiership quality wherever he plays IMO
He is imo ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Klich is fine as a back up/rotation, but he shouldn't be in the position to be starting all 38 games.
Victor_Notts-17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Victor_Notts-17 »

faaip wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:25 amHe is imo ...
And your opinion is as valid as mine :tup:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:29 am And your opinion is as valid as mine :tup:
I agree with the saying, especially when he's fit which he hasn't been for a season and a half. At his best he's the conductor... He'll be excellent depth for us this season.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

If the new signings are as good as we hope, I think Klich will struggle to get in the team this season. I wouldn't be surprised if he left us in January.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

SG90 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:03 am What's wrong with having multiple options?
Just a matter of playing time. If he's just coming off the bench then it doesn't really do us or him much good. If we see more of early 20/21 season Kilch, then he's got a lot to offer. Hopefully last season was just a blip - injury/fatigue.
1964white

Re: Darko Gyabi

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Very impressive debut, Patrick Vierra anyone?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

We may have a player every bit as good as Kalvin, younger and 39M in the bank.... looking like stunning business.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:23 pm Very impressive debut, Patrick Vierra anyone?
Gyabi was one of the plusses for me, Faaip.

Would have been in my MOTM top 6.