The Delines - So, so, mellow!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
Durly
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2339
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 pm

Re: The Delines

Post by Durly »

Great band. Willy Vlautin can do little wrong for me...........
Image
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155149
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The Delines

Post by 1964white »

Durly wrote: ↑Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:58 pm Great band. Willy Vlautin can do little wrong for me...........
Big fan of his Richmond Fontaine works too :tup:

Have you read his books, Durly?
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14625
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: The Delines

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: ↑Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:35 pm Got a phone call from a nice lady at the Arts Centre this morning to say good news Leon we have two Delines tickets for you, even better news, they are on the front row.

I'm deliriously happy folks :-D
If you fell in a pit of s**t you would come out smelling of roses... :P :P :P

You lucky barsteward!!!!!!!!!


:) :)
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155149
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The Delines

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: ↑Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:34 am If you fell in a pit of s**t you would come out smelling of roses... :P :P :P

You lucky barsteward!!!!!!!!!


:) :)
:rol: :rol: :rol:

True Hector, I'm a very lucky man.

I had a lovely childhood, I got lucky in my mid-twenties recovering from a near death accident. Marrying my Jill was my true lucky moment :love: 25 years later we celebrate wedding anniversary in June :-D
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155149
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The Delines

Post by 1964white »

Looking forward to seeing The Delines at Pocklington on Wednesday evening.

A nice mellow music evening. 8-)
User avatar
Victor_OTT_17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3286
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: The Delines

Post by Victor_OTT_17 »

Durly wrote: ↑Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:58 pm Great band. Willy Vlautin can do little wrong for me...........
Crass fan! I used to be into them a few years back. My band was concrete Sox (I was founder member/guitarist/writer)...
The Guitar Medic on FaceBook and on YouTube

weasel wrote: ↑Tue Jul 28, 2026 4:35 pm Are you dense?
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155149
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The Delines

Post by 1964white »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:21 pm Crass fan! I used to be into them a few years back. My band was concrete Sox (I was founder member/guitarist/writer)...
If I'm not mistaken, the very man.


Screenshot 2022-07-10 16.40.21.png
Screenshot 2022-07-10 16.40.21.png (189.24 KiB) Viewed 2926 times
User avatar
Victor_OTT_17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3286
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: The Delines

Post by Victor_OTT_17 »

1964white wrote: ↑Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:42 pm If I'm not mistaken, the very man.
Screenshot 2022-07-10 16.40.21.png
That was me around 2013...
The Guitar Medic on FaceBook and on YouTube

weasel wrote: ↑Tue Jul 28, 2026 4:35 pm Are you dense?
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155149
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The Delines

Post by 1964white »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:30 pm That was me around 2013...
I thought you must be a musician as you have your own guitar shop.
User avatar
andrewjohnsmith
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 13057
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)

Re: The Delines

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

1964white wrote: ↑Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:03 pm Oh my god, another beautiful album from Portland's finest

The third album proper for 'Country-got-Soul's finest, The Delines, on Decor Records sees them exploring the US Gulf Coast, not far from where Amy Boone grew up. The songs in this cinematic opus all focus around this area and are inspired by when Amy asked Willy Vlautin to write her a song like Tony Joe White's 'Rainy Night In Georgia' after her tragic accident being hit by a car in 2016 and her 3 year recovery. This follows on from 2019's The Imperial which was number one in the UK official AMA charts for two weeks. Written and partially recorded before lock down the rest of the album was finished last Summer, produced by John Morgan Askew at his Bocce studios just outside of Portland, Oregon. The album features the classic line-up of the band with Amy Boone (vocals), Willy Vlautin (guitars, vocals, songwriting), Freddy Trujillo (bass), Sean Oldham (drums, vocals) and Cory Gray (keyboards, trumpet and arrangements) doing some of their finest work yet. Willy Vlautin has just published his sixth novel and we will be reissuing more of their previous band, Richmond Fontaine in later 2022.

Album 3 - The Sea Drift
I like this, I'll give the album a listen later
User avatar
Victor_OTT_17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3286
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: The Delines

Post by Victor_OTT_17 »

1964white wrote: ↑Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:42 pm I thought you must be a musician as you have your own guitar shop.
Makes sense huh? Concrete Sox founding member/guitarist/writer 1984-1987...
The Guitar Medic on FaceBook and on YouTube

weasel wrote: ↑Tue Jul 28, 2026 4:35 pm Are you dense?
Cumbriarents
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:38 pm

Re: The Delines

Post by Cumbriarents »

Vic from Unofficial Leeds united forum?
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155149
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The Delines

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:24 pm I like this, I'll give the album a listen later
I like 'Sea Drift', but it's not as good as their 'Colfax' or 'The Imperial' albums.
User avatar
Victor_OTT_17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3286
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: The Delines

Post by Victor_OTT_17 »

Cumbriarents wrote: ↑Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:56 pm Vic from Unofficial Leeds united forum?
That was me: got banned cos Montana is a cnut! Over nothing but we had lets say personal differences. History now; I'm not interested in upsetting anyone...
The Guitar Medic on FaceBook and on YouTube

weasel wrote: ↑Tue Jul 28, 2026 4:35 pm Are you dense?
User avatar
Victor_OTT_17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3286
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: The Delines

Post by Victor_OTT_17 »

PS: I'll check The Delines in a bit :)
The Guitar Medic on FaceBook and on YouTube

weasel wrote: ↑Tue Jul 28, 2026 4:35 pm Are you dense?
User avatar
Orange Box
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7493
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: The Delines

Post by Orange Box »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:55 pm That was me: got banned cos Montana is a cnut! Over nothing but we had lets say personal differences. History now; I'm not interested in upsetting anyone...
Too late , my rabbit is having nightmares at having seen your mugshot. 😱

(You’ve hopefully guessed that I’m kidding. Hello)
User avatar
Victor_OTT_17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3286
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: The Delines

Post by Victor_OTT_17 »

Orange Box wrote: ↑Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:08 pm Too late , my rabbit is having nightmares at having seen your mugshot. 😱

(You’ve hopefully guessed that I’m kidding. Hello)
No worries :tup: I've chosen a pic from my musiocal past. Need to get some new Leeds United related ones up...
The Guitar Medic on FaceBook and on YouTube

weasel wrote: ↑Tue Jul 28, 2026 4:35 pm Are you dense?
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155149
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The Delines

Post by 1964white »

'The Sea Drift' definitely growing on me :-D
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155149
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The Delines

Post by 1964white »

Off to Pocklington we head shortly.

Really looking forward to seeing this band
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20737
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: The Delines

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: ↑Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:57 pm Off to Pocklington we head shortly.

Really looking forward to seeing this band
How was it? :-D
Post Reply