Charles De Ketelaere- Going to AC Milan.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Lufcste
Ballboy
Ballboy

Re: Charles De Ketelaere- Not interested in a move to LUFC.

Post by Lufcste »

No point chasing a player who clearly has no interest in playing for us... Only players who genuinely want to play and give their all should be at the club... The dreaming was good while it lasted. time to look elsewhere...
ALL LEEDS AREN'T WEEEEEEEE
mentalcase
Manager
Manager

Post by mentalcase »

Maybe we were'nt really chasing him, I mean, how many players have we been linked with ?
Could've been the daily rags trying to get a 'coup' you know the 'you heard it hear first' type stuff.
Until the window closes we will be linked with god knows how many more btw, rapha is still a United player :)
Keep Fighting
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Pity that this one looks dead and buried as I was getting quite excited with his potential with Sinisterra, Bamford, Gelhardt, Aaronson, Harrison, and potentially still Rapha. That is a formidable front line especially throwing in Rodrigo and Roca feeding the passes.

But, time to move on. No point in chasing a him if he's been clear he is't coming (and fair play to him, he's not messing us around).
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

We should move on now this is done
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Charles De Ketelaere- AC Milan meet his agents, pushing hard for move

Post by Cjay »

The highly reliable Gianluca Di Marzio has said that we are resigned to the fact De Ketelaere will move to AC Milan.

https://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/leeds-g ... a-s-ziyech
Signed

King Cjay

Cumbriarents
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Cumbriarents »

Now let's move on. Milan are way bigger than is at the minute
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

HLN the most popular newspaper in Belgium is reporting that the AC Milan move for De Ketelaere is as good as dead despite Brugge dropping the price.

Another twist in this saga.
Signed

King Cjay

andrewjohnsmith
Manager
Manager

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:42 am HLN the most popular newspaper in Belgium is reporting that the AC Milan move for De Ketelaere is as good as dead despite Brugge dropping the price.

Another twist in this saga.
Didnt they just give Ibrahimovic a new contract? Not sure if the two are connected.
We've been through it all together. And we've had our ups and downs
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Charles De Ketelaere- Belgian media reporting AC Milan move is dead.

Post by Cjay »

Surely it is time to move on now?

It's been over a month now.

He is clearly absolutely adamant that he wants AC Milan.

We are the Chelsea/Arsenal in the Raphinha scenario.

We could hope that he would like to join us but the reality is he probably doesn't, certainly not with any degree of enthusiasm.

Arsenal and Chelsea bid for Raphinha but as Edu said today they knew all along he wanted Barcelona.

It's looking like that is the same for De Ketelaere and AC Milan.

One may argue that if De Ketelaere had no interest in joining us we would have withdrawn our bid by now.

But Chelsea never withdrew there Raphinha bid, they clung on despite it being made abundantly clear he had next to no interest in joining them.

Orta has shown in the past an unwillingness to accept rejection (Southampton basically had to tell us to stop calling over Che Adams).

Is this another Che Adams scenario?

It looks like De Ketelaere is putting pressure on Brugge now by not playing for them.

Strangely Jesse said last week we had moved on and that De Ketelaere wanted to join Milan.
Signed

King Cjay

Irish Ian
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Charles De Ketelaere- Is it time to move on?

Post by Irish Ian »

What do you need?

VO to post on here he is no longer interested?

It is only a bid. It doesnt need to be withdrawn. Time and events will take care of that.

Everything else is just media talk.
'We can wait for the next game with serenity' Marcelo Bielsa

'Would he kill his granny to win a match?' Bobby Collins

"Anyone need a hug? Jesse Marsch
mentalcase
Manager
Manager

Post by mentalcase »

If he came to us I think it would be a great signing, he would give his all as he's a professional footballer, why go to Milan if they aren't willing to pay a little extra for him, that will be playing on his mind.
Keep Fighting
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Sack it off and get moving on someone else, massive shame but it feels like we end up in this situation every window - then rush and settle for some random nobody.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

If Barca hadn't managed to come up with a sizeable offer do you think Raph would have stayed with us or moved to Chelsea? He would have very likely moved to Chelsea, taken a big pay increase and maybe asked for a clause in his Chelsea contract allowing him to move to Barca in 2 or 3 years time if they paid a set amount to Chelsea.

So same scenario here. If AC Milan can't come up with an offer that Bruge accept then CDK seemingly has 2 options, stay at Brugge or move to us. By coming to us he would no doubt get a hefty pay rise and the opportunity to play at a higher level. He is also young enough to get his 'dream move' in a few years time - although he would have to play well so there is the incentive for him. Similarly he could ask for a clause to be written into his contract allowing him to sign for AC if they meet our transfer fee (as such win win as we would make profit on him, and he'd get his 'dream' move).

Totally different situation to the Che Adams scenario as Southampton didn't want to let him go (well the club did but the manager didn't). It appears that Brugge are happy to sell him and whilst AC is CDK's preferred destination I haven't heard anywhere him syaing he doesn't want to come to Leeds - just that he'd like to go to AC.
Marsching on Together
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

I take the point that CDK hasn't explicitly said he will not come to Leeds, only AC is where he'd like to go, and lets face it there is a myriad of reasons he would want to choose Milan over Leeds (though I am guessing he's not had a Yorkshire Pud, which would surely change things).

My bigger concern is we don't land him and then go into panic mode, so I do hope we have good options in the wings, which I dare say we do. Big difference to the Che Adams scenario in that we are a PL club and for that reason alone, attractive enough to some half decent quality. I am also hopeful that we come up with a surprise gem near the end of the window like we did with Rapha. Deadline day always throws up the potential for a surprise incoming.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:35 pm If Barca hadn't managed to come up with a sizeable offer do you think Raph would have stayed with us or moved to Chelsea? He would have very likely moved to Chelsea, taken a big pay increase and maybe asked for a clause in his Chelsea contract allowing him to move to Barca in 2 or 3 years time if they paid a set amount to Chelsea.

I don't think there was ever any question that Raph wasn't going to end up at Barcelona this summer. The Arsenal sporting director said today that basically it was made abundantly clear to him that the only move he wanted was Barcelona. Despite the press reports Raph never even spoke to Arsenal and I imagine it was the same with Chelsea.

We would have let him go and helped Barcelona out in the end imo. Raph would have waited till the end of the window if necessary.

So same scenario here. If AC Milan can't come up with an offer that Bruge accept then CDK seemingly has 2 options, stay at Brugge or move to us. By coming to us he would no doubt get a hefty pay rise and the opportunity to play at a higher level. He is also young enough to get his 'dream move' in a few years time - although he would have to play well so there is the incentive for him. Similarly he could ask for a clause to be written into his contract allowing him to sign for AC if they meet our transfer fee (as such win win as we would make profit on him, and he'd get his 'dream' move).

The thing is it isn't Milan can't afford a few more euros it's that they think he isn't worth more. But different to Barcelona as they were genuinely skint, Milan aren't.

I'd imagine they will get the deal done. I genuinely believe CDK has little to no interest in joining us (similar to Vydra remember who it turned out wasn't really interested and so we ended up pulling the plug).

I don't blame CDK for preferring AC Milan but if his heart is as set on Milan as Raph clearly was on Barcelona then I wouldn't want us to sign him.

Totally different situation to the Che Adams scenario as Southampton didn't want to let him go (well the club did but the manager didn't). It appears that Brugge are happy to sell him and whilst AC is CDK's preferred destination I haven't heard anywhere him syaing he doesn't want to come to Leeds - just that he'd like to go to AC.
It's been reported in Belgium media and Italian that he doesn't want to join us.

Has been reported that way for ages, not just prefers Milan but doesn't want to join us.

That could easily be dismissed as press speculation or favoritism on the Italian media side.

But the Belgian media? Who are likely to have better sources closer to De Ketelaere and Brugge? Not sure why they would leak that if it wasn't true?

Maybe it isn't but I would imagine despite the pull of the Premier League that to a 21 year old Belgian the appeal of joining a club that survived by the skin of its teeth and has spent the majority of his life in the second division isn't very strong.
Signed

King Cjay

WestgateRun
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by WestgateRun »

This was always a non-story. If you were an ambitious young player, who would you sign for?
- AC Milan, the current Italian champions.
- Leeds United, who just avoided relegation last season and have since sold their best two players.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

I'm sick of hearing his name on here.

It seems we are chasing a lost cause every season.
Orange Box
First Team
First Team

Post by Orange Box »

this is a mirror of the Raph/Barca/Chelscum saga, only this time we are Chelscum. :sick: :sick:
I reserve the right to be wrong
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

WestgateRun wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:51 pm This was always a non-story. If you were an ambitious young player, who would you sign for?
- AC Milan, the current Italian champions.
- Leeds United, who just avoided relegation last season and have since sold their best two players.
Leeds, stronger league
Cry Summerville and let slip the dogs of war

PRO Leeds ... Are You?

THE LAST REMAINING ORTA/RADS FAN
Jaydog
Manager
Manager

Post by Jaydog »

faaip wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:38 pm Leeds, stronger league
I’d rather play in the PL if I was him. Bigger shop window in a better league