Have we? Have we? Have we?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Victor_Notts-17
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

On Fire Have we? Have we? Have we?

Post by Victor_Notts-17 »

Have we signed anyone for the positions we need to fill yet? FFS, seriously! It's okay Jesse saying there's a lot of work to be done etc etc etc but.... we need a #9 more than anything! We've needed one since this time last year. And a LB (the German guy looks great if rumours are real). And another ACM (#10) would be great: some guy with some muscle preferably!

Just venting guys: delete if inappropiate...
Guitar tech https://www.facebook.com/ngoneseven / guitarist / song writer / church leader / husband / father / grandfather / Leeds fan / postman...
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Have we? Have we? Have we?

Post by 1964white »

Have we heck.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

No . . .

That's the short answer :)

As you rightly say, we need a 9, a creative midfielder 10 type player and a left back.

3 positions we needed all summer and for a long time previous :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I reckon Orta has gone on his jollies, he wasn't on the Australian tour.
WestgateRun
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by WestgateRun »

None of the Red Bull clubs had anyone suitable.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

WestgateRun wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:17 pm None of the Red Bull clubs had anyone suitable.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Red Bull Salzburg beat Liverpool 1-0 yesterday, a lovely goal too.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Of course we haven't. We might be alright up top, but we definitely need a playmaker and a LB. I hope the talk of the German guy at PSV has legs. As for a creative player, I haven't a clue, but we need one!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Overman
First Team
First Team

Post by Overman »

Have we f**k, the usual voids that need filling, the pointless pursuit of someone who's clearly not interested in coming to Leeds (another De Paul debacle). We have one of the worst left backs in the club's history (even worse than Robertson). No real fire power upfont, no real creativity in midfield, and no back up for Mesilier. All in all, I think we're all set for a top 6 finish.
Scoobychief
First Team
First Team

Post by Scoobychief »

We'll end up with Chris Wood, senior firpo and the invisible creative midfielder. Last year I remember that new midfielder we signed called Forshaw.
Scoobychief
First Team
First Team

Post by Scoobychief »

Overman wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:50 pm Have we f**k, the usual voids that need filling, the pointless pursuit of someone who's clearly not interested in coming to Leeds (another De Paul debacle). We have one of the worst left backs in the club's history (even worse than Robertson). No real fire power upfont, no real creativity in midfield, and no back up for Mesilier. All in all, I think we're all set for a top 6 finish.q
I thinknyou mean a top 6 bottom finish :)
Overman
First Team
First Team

Post by Overman »

Scoobychief wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:55 pm I thinknyou mean a top 6 bottom finish :)
I'm going to have to quote Bill Hicks (who in my view was the greatest stand up). "I don't mean to sound bitter, cold or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out".
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

lufc1304 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:35 pm Of course we haven't. We might be alright up top, but we definitely need a playmaker and a LB. I hope the talk of the German guy at PSV has legs. As for a creative player, I haven't a clue, but we need one!
Have we given up on Sinisterra already? He's the obvious skill player though I think Aaronson has a very clever range of passing so it depends on what you want in your playmaker.
Cry Summerville and let slip the dogs of war

PRO Leeds ... Are You?

THE LAST REMAINING ORTA/RADS FAN
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:45 pm Have we given up on Sinisterra already? He's the obvious skill player though I think Aaronson has a very clever range of passing so it depends on what you want in your playmaker.
Question marks over Sinisterra though because he is a winger which we don't use traditionally and because of his inexperience in a top league.

If we are going for traditional Marsch style which we presumably will I do worry about James, Harrison, Sinisterra etc.

We saw how hard even Raphinha found it to create in the narrow style and with great respect he is vastly more gifted technically certainly than Harrison and James and yet he found it difficult at times

Aaronson is still young and every scout report I've seen says it's his creativity and end product that need work which is reflected in his frankly poor creative stats in the vastly inferior Austrian league.

Aaronson is another of those runner players we love who need to work on the end product side.

Wouldn't you say we could benefit from someone more traditional in the number 10 role? Not Juan Mata necessarily but someone of his ilk?

Someone more used to operating in those narrow spaces between the defence and midfield and with the speed of thought needed to play those defence splitting passes.

Interesting we are still being linked with a loan move for James McAtee at Man City.

I hate straight loans, the idea of developing a player for another team with no long term benefit for us makes me a but sick.

But he is the type if player we need imo.
Last edited by Cjay on Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Also interesting that our top attacking target is De Ketelaere.

Not a striker by any means.

More of a false 9/ natural 10.

Would leave us again without a natural goalscorer but suggests the club know we are short on creativity.
Signed

King Cjay

Jaydog
Manager
Manager

Post by Jaydog »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:08 pm Also interesting that our top attacking target is De Ketelaere.

Would leave us again without a natural goalscorer but suggests the club know we are short on creativity.
I think that’s exactly why they wanted CDK. You can see the thinking.
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

Gelhardt is a natural goal scorer, sorry but he is....
Cry Summerville and let slip the dogs of war

PRO Leeds ... Are You?

THE LAST REMAINING ORTA/RADS FAN
Jaydog
Manager
Manager

Post by Jaydog »

faaip wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:14 pm Gelhardt is a natural goal scorer, sorry but he is....
[/quote

About as natural as it’s possible to be. Oh but he’s too young and inexperienced.... yawn
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:14 pm Gelhardt is a natural goal scorer, sorry but he is....
He is but very young still.

Lot of pressure to have only one natural goalscorer in the squad and he is u21.
Signed

King Cjay

Jaydog
Manager
Manager

Post by Jaydog »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:08 pm Also interesting that our top attacking target is De Ketelaere.

Do you not see JG as a natural gs Cjay? We definitely need back up with the possibility of PB not being his old self and some have questioned Joffys injury history but the kid is s**t hot in my mind.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:19 pm Do you not see JG as a natural gs Cjay? We definitely need back up with the possibility of PB not being his old self and some have questioned Joffys injury history but the kid is s**t hot in my mind.
I do Jay.

Just a lot of pressure for one so young and he is already having his injury problems as you say and as we saw with someone like Michael Owen if you put to much physical pressure on a player to young it can ruin them physically quickly.

Owen was done by the time he was 30 and was already struggling by 25/26, would be a shame to see Joffy go the same way because to much was asked of him at a young age

Very talented and if Paddy was fit and firing I think we'd be OK but Paddy is having his own fitness issues and looks miles off it.

Definitely need another striker and creative option.
Signed

King Cjay