Album of 1984 (Round 3) - RESULT

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155188
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Album of 2012 - VOTE NOW.

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: ↑Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:18 pm MOT really slow atm
It is a bit mate, will pick up once the season commences next weekend.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79013
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Album of 2012 - VOTE NOW.

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: ↑Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:21 pm It is a bit mate, will pick up once the season commences next weekend.
No, the response times when posting, seems to take an age
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155188
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Album of 2012 - VOTE NOW.

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: ↑Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:25 pm No, the response times when posting, seems to take an age
Yes, I've been having the same problem over the last week.
User avatar
Muppet the Cat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18302
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Album of 2012 - VOTE NOW.

Post by Muppet the Cat »

faaip wrote: ↑Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:25 pm No, the response times when posting, seems to take an age
Certainly is.

I’ve deleted quite a few duplicate posts today, where posters have obviously thought the first didn’t to through so pressed submit a second time
User avatar
Muppet the Cat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18302
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Album of 2012 - VOTE NOW.

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Certainly is.

I’ve deleted quite a few duplicate posts today, where posters have obviously thought the first didn’t to through so pressed submit a second time.

See what I mean 🙄
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155188
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Album of 2012 - VOTE NOW.

Post by 1964white »

1964white wrote: ↑Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:28 pm Yes, I've been having the same problem over the last week.
I mentioned the problem on the mod forum, no doubt Adam will resolve the problem.
User avatar
Muppet the Cat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18302
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Album of 2022 - NOMINATE NOW

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Anonymous wrote: ↑Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:15 pm Khruangbin - Texas Moon, if I can have an EP, Vieux Farka Touré - Les Racines, if not.

And if you want to know what they sound like together on the forthcoming album, try this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95Nq0EnRBhM
I was listening to Savanne last week, it’s good isn’t it :tup:
User avatar
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 14810
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: Album of 2022 - NOMINATE NOW

Post by lufc1304 »

Mavis Staples 'Carry Me Home'
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23126
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Album of 2022 - NOMINATE NOW

Post by SG90 »

Black Country, New Road - Ants From Up There
Mountain
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:20 am

Re: Album of 2022 - NOMINATE NOW

Post by Mountain »

Definitely out. Haven't heard one yet this year!
User avatar
onemoreslogan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 815
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:48 pm

Re: Album of 2022 - NOMINATE NOW

Post by onemoreslogan »

Jack White: 'Entering Heaven Alive'
User avatar
Johnboy1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 812
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:53 am

Re: Album of 2022 - NOMINATE NOW

Post by Johnboy1965 »

Johnny Marr : Fever Dreams pt1-4
User avatar
Muppet the Cat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18302
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Album of 2022 - NOMINATE NOW

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Whilst you perhaps have to be in the mood for the screaming/abrasive lyric heavy tracks (but they're not all) I'll go with

Rolo Tomassi 'Where Myth Becomes Memory'


(One that only came out a couple of weeks ago that I've listened to good few times since is Lawn 'Bigger Sprout')
User avatar
Durly
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2339
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 pm

Re: Album of 2022 - NOMINATE NOW

Post by Durly »

I'll jump in, as I'm back Friday.
Assuming someone nominates the imperious Fontaines DC''s third album, I'll go with the very short but very wonderful:

Earl Sweatshirt - Sick
Image
User avatar
Muppet the Cat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18302
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Album of 2022 - NOMINATE NOW

Post by Muppet the Cat »

🛟 sinking on page 3
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155188
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Album of 2022 - NOMINATE NOW

Post by 1964white »

Muppet the Cat wrote: ↑Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:48 am 🛟 sinking on page 3
I'll update later this evening, mate.
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Album of 2022 - NOMINATE NOW

Post by becchio bear »

Nothing from me, the only one I like has already been nominated.

:bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8201
Joined: Tue May 05, 2015 2:07 pm

Re: Album of 2022 - NOMINATE NOW

Post by Mrs64 »

Yard Act 'The Overload'
User avatar
Musicman1965
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2144
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:11 pm

Re: Album of 2022 - NOMINATE NOW

Post by Musicman1965 »

The Black Keys - Dropout Boogie (2022)
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79013
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Album of 2022 - NOMINATE NOW

Post by The Subhuman »

Anonymous wrote: ↑Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:40 am My first choice nomination was Kruangbin - Texas Moon. It's 5 tracks and 23 minutes. I think we've had EPs nominated before; Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada, for example.

Never mind. I'll switch to Held By Trees, please. I love the Touré, but I suspect there's only a couple of others it'll appeal to.

Held By Trees - Solace
Can I just say that Laura Lee is as hot as all f**k? Think I have a thing for female bassists, Paz, M AdM, Misa, plus others
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
Post Reply