Leeds Utd 2-1 Wolves Match Thread - TSB at their best with Wolves rants.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
velo
Manager
Manager

Re: Leeds Utd 2-1 Wolverhampton Wanderers Match Thread

Post by velo »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:34 pm Thankfully every club in the country has fans who share your paranoia so it all works out in the end.
:flog: :flog: :flog: :rol: :rol: :rol:
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:34 pm Thankfully every club in the country has fans who share your paranoia so it all works out in the end.
One match, one controversial and in most watchers opinions (even a lot of Wolves fans it seems) incomprehensible decision that went against us and in this case probably cost us a goal. We’ll see how the rest of the season goes shall we? But I’m pretty sure that by the end of the season we will, once again, be in the debit column of the refereeing decisions ledger.
mentalcase
Manager
Manager

Post by mentalcase »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:13 pm One match, one controversial and in most watchers opinions (even a lot of Wolves fans it seems) incomprehensible decision that went against us and in this case probably cost us a goal. We’ll see how the rest of the season goes shall we? But I’m pretty sure that by the end of the season we will, once again, be in the debit column of the refereeing decisions ledger.
I'll drink to that :beers:
Keep Fighting
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd v Wolverhampton Wanderers Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:08 pm What does it go up to. The clapometer.
Should be the Bielsometer. The meter that judges all managers against yer man.
Bielsometer

:lol: :lol: :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kennyb41
Manager
Manager

Post by Kennyb41 »

If you pause the above video from 37 seconds onwards to 43 secs, i'd say our defence is pretty much at 6's and 7's, exposed to fck, and it looks like some here have got their wish of NO ONE man marking, h'mmmm
A self-confessed lover of Bigots, Walts, Otters and Dandelions.
Young Kennyboy :roflmao:
Must dash.
8-)
Kennyb41
Manager
Manager

Post by Kennyb41 »

Klich should stay, i don't think his WC spot will be in doubt, Poland aren't that strong and don't have much choice over him, cameos like this last one will be good enough to secure him a spot in their squad.
A self-confessed lover of Bigots, Walts, Otters and Dandelions.
Young Kennyboy :roflmao:
Must dash.
8-)
SaraM
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SaraM »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:11 am Yeah very much this ^

If on a scale of 1-10 (which i'm now gonna start using) with 1 being - very fcking worried and we're getting relegated coz we're headless chicken shyte....and 10 being - Jesses got us playing great and potential Champs league spot.

Prior to the new signings and him getting the players he knows, and if he was having to mould the previous into his style - I'd be at a 1.

After yesterday, i think i'm at a 3......but looking upwards.
Using your scale, I'm at a cautious 2 and a half. Hopefully we'll have enough to keep us out of trouble and moderately entertained for the foreseeable.
Bielsa; el tiempo te dara la razon.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

SaraM wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:06 am Using your scale, I'm at a cautious 2 and a half. Hopefully we'll have enough to keep us out of trouble and moderately entertained for the foreseeable.
I'm with you. I am both less concerned and more concerned. I am less concerned about relegation because I can see us getting enough goals and results to stay up but I am more concerned than I thought I would be by how easily we were cut open, if a team as toothless as Wolves can carve us open then any team can including the likes of the newly promoted sides.

Playing how we did with a lot of players very narrow we will nick some goals like our first goal where we gave the ball away cheaply a couple of times in the build up but managed to win it back in their box so we will be able to score goals without neccesarily playing well or creating our own chances. That said we do still have enough quality in our squad to play some good football as evidenced for our 2nd goal.
Marsching on Together
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Kennyb41 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:27 am If you pause the above video from 37 seconds onwards to 43 secs, i'd say our defence is pretty much at 6's and 7's, exposed to fck, and it looks like some here have got their wish of NO ONE man marking, h'mmmm
For a long part of the match we looked awful defensively, in my opinion on a par with how we did in the worst performances of last season. A better team than Wolves would have scored at least a couple more during that time. Others have got carried away because of the result and the last 20 minutes or so of the match where we generally controlled things.

Hopefully though we will improve that side of things and maybe Marsch made tactical switches that helped that out. I think we will see in future matches whether Marsch actually saw what was going wrong and was able to sort it or whether it was just a combination of Klich coming on with a point to prove and Wolves taking their foot off the gas as it had been so easy.

Cautiously optimistic though as I feel the team can get better and confidence from winning can also work wonders on how well players play.
Marsching on Together
SaraM
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SaraM »

weasel wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:16 am I'm with you. I am both less concerned and more concerned. I am less concerned about relegation because I can see us getting enough goals and results to stay up but I am more concerned than I thought I would be by how easily we were cut open, if a team as toothless as Wolves can carve us open then any team can including the likes of the newly promoted sides.

Playing how we did with a lot of players very narrow we will nick some goals like our first goal where we gave the ball away cheaply a couple of times in the build up but managed to win it back in their box so we will be able to score goals without neccesarily playing well or creating our own chances. That said we do still have enough quality in our squad to play some good football as evidenced for our 2nd goal.
I still don't think Marsch's narrow system is adequate for the premier league, and I'm not convinced he has either the tactical nous, or the coaching ability, to take us forward. Hopefully the new signings will gel, things will tighten up, and he'll adapt his approach where necessary.
Bielsa; el tiempo te dara la razon.
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

weasel wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:16 am I'm with you. I am both less concerned and more concerned. I am less concerned about relegation because I can see us getting enough goals and results to stay up but I am more concerned than I thought I would be by how easily we were cut open, if a team as toothless as Wolves can carve us open then any team can including the likes of the newly promoted sides.

Lets start with I'm a a Bielsa diehard. Absolutely the wrong decision to sack him, I believe he would have kept us up and stayed another season, I think the plan was always to spend/sell in this window than last. TBH we probably held on to Philips too long which affected his value in the end. We'd have finished mid table under him this season.

But, if you use the amount of defensive injuries last season as a reason (not an excuse) then it's not a valid argument this season to criticize a new defence. I can't be asked but I doubt Koch/Llorente (on his wrong side) played more than three game together, when they did how many times did Struijk play left back? Kristensen of course is a newbie.

In front of them is a new system and it's now a pair of defensive mids both new to the club...

There's a saying in cricket, don't judge the score until both teams have used the wicket. Well don't judge a defence till it's had time to bond and for me that's a minimum of ten....
Cry Summerville and let slip the dogs of war

PRO Leeds ... Are You?

THE LAST REMAINING ORTA/RADS FAN
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SaraM wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:25 am I still don't think Marsch's narrow system is adequate for the premier league, and I'm not convinced he has either the tactical nous, or the coaching ability, to take us forward. Hopefully the new signings will gel, things will tighten up, and he'll adapt his approach where necessary.
I thought Jesse did well on Saturday.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:36 am Lets start with I'm a a Bielsa diehard. Absolutely the wrong decision to sack him, I believe he would have kept us up and stayed another season
Even though Marcelo won only five games in the first six months of the season.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Three Wolves players went down in the first ten minutes, their captain started the rotation antics after two minutes. All instigated by their horrible manager Bruno Lage.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

So much negativity on here!

We win our first PL game of the season since our promotion.

A much better performance vs Wolves at ER & also bettered the result than last season, when thanks to Joffy we nicked a draw.

Surely we'll improve our game at Southampton than the dire performance we put in last time we were at St Mary's.
WestgateRun
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by WestgateRun »

>Three Wolves players went down in the first ten minutes, their captain started the rotation antics after two minutes. All instigated by their horrible manager Bruno Lage.<
I wouldn't be too bothered if Leeds indulged in a bit of sh*thousery now and again.
The Premier League is professional sport, at the highest level. The primary aim for managers is to get the points and get on the bus.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:36 am Lets start with I'm a a Bielsa diehard. Absolutely the wrong decision to sack him, I believe he would have kept us up and stayed another season, I think the plan was always to spend/sell in this window than last. TBH we probably held on to Philips too long which affected his value in the end. We'd have finished mid table under him this season.

But, if you use the amount of defensive injuries last season as a reason (not an excuse) then it's not a valid argument this season to criticize a new defence. I can't be asked but I doubt Koch/Llorente (on his wrong side) played more than three game together, when they did how many times did Struijk play left back? Kristensen of course is a newbie.

In front of them is a new system and it's now a pair of defensive mids both new to the club...

There's a saying in cricket, don't judge the score until both teams have used the wicket. Well don't judge a defence till it's had time to bond and for me that's a minimum of ten....
It wasn't the defence on its own as such but how easily as a team we got carved upon.
Marsching on Together
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:23 am So much negativity on here!

We win our first PL game of the season since our promotion.

A much better performance vs Wolves at ER & also bettered the result than last season, when thanks to Joffy we nicked a draw.

Surely we'll improve our game at Southampton than the dire performance we put in last time we were at St Mary's.
Constructive criticism. A bit like how we have the positive and negative thread.
Marsching on Together