Leeds Utd 2-1 Wolves Match Thread - TSB at their best with Wolves rants.

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd 2-1 Wolverhampton Wanderers Match Thread

Post by Kennyb41 »

Comparisons to last year now are worthless.

Defence and defenders are doing a different job.

We lost pivotal KP as a lone anchor.

We now have 2 that are being asked to do totally different things to KP's role.

Completely different formation.

Cooper, Dallas, KP, Raphinha, Ayling that's half the team that played Bertball either gone or out.

Rasmus, Adams, Aaronson, Roca...that's nearly half the team that totally don't know jack about Bertball so are playing Jesse ball along with the rest.

Patrick Bamford and Jack Harrison are probably the closest players still playing some Bertball in their game which is also good for Jesses plans, Rodrigo looks like he's definitely benefitting the most atm from Yankball.

Jesse doesn't attack like Bert.

Jesse ball possibly won't concede as many, but like Sara and Weasel pointed out, ....you get more defensively but lose attacking intent at the same time....time will tell.

What i'm trying to point out here is, it's fruitless trying to compare this new regime - Manager, players, formation, strategy...because although there are similarities, there are huge changes also.....for better or worse, time will obviously tell, but at least for now we can see what he's trying to instil.

My fingers are still crossed along with my toes and i'm scared to death of the first drubbing that's definitely coming, but as the weeks go by and his style beds in, hopefully the chances of that drubbing diminish.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

A win now at Soton will be a big shot in the arm and even at this early stage will feel like a 6 pointer, be great for team moral going forward and boost confidence all round, i'm hoping he goes for the throat and... ' we'll score more than you' mentality which i feel he will.

To just see us in the top half of the table boosts moral, and if we beat Soton, anything could happen at home to Chelsea.

Jeez just imagine 9pts after 3 games.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Just a few views from the BBC site.....

We asked you for your post-match thoughts after Leeds opened the season with a 2-1 win over Wolves.

Here are some of your thoughts:

Kev: A good win against good opponents. This new team needs to blend and there will be set-backs!

Graham: Starting the season with a win was the most important thing. The first real game with a new team proved to be challenging at times and pleasing at others. The defence is still shaky and better teams will take full advantage of that. But there were some good performances and there's hope for the future with a mid-table finish.

Yusaf: There were nervy moments defensively and we were unlucky with the goal. We were more attack minded and positive going forward. It was nice to see the hunger for goals and our strikers fit and trying. It was a much improved, good start to the season with the win!

Nigel: I was at the game and I saw a lot of promise, we're by no means the finished article but I think we have the makings of a good side.

Graham: Attacking wise we were superb, with some great movement. Our defence was shambolic at times, with neither centre-half convincing. But onwards and upwards.

Marc: I was at the game and Aaronson and Kristensen were absolutely great.

;@)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kennyb41 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:54 am Just a few views from the BBC site.....

We asked you for your post-match thoughts after Leeds opened the season with a 2-1 win over Wolves.

Here are some of your thoughts:

Kev: A good win against good opponents. This new team needs to blend and there will be set-backs!

Graham: Starting the season with a win was the most important thing. The first real game with a new team proved to be challenging at times and pleasing at others. The defence is still shaky and better teams will take full advantage of that. But there were some good performances and there's hope for the future with a mid-table finish.

Yusaf: There were nervy moments defensively and we were unlucky with the goal. We were more attack minded and positive going forward. It was nice to see the hunger for goals and our strikers fit and trying. It was a much improved, good start to the season with the win!

Nigel: I was at the game and I saw a lot of promise, we're by no means the finished article but I think we have the makings of a good side.

Graham: Attacking wise we were superb, with some great movement. Our defence was shambolic at times, with neither centre-half convincing. But onwards and upwards.

Marc: I was at the game and Aaronson and Kristensen were absolutely great.
Some great comments, Kennyboy
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kennyb41 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:51 am A win now at Soton will be a big shot in the arm and even at this early stage will feel like a 6 pointer, be great for team moral going forward and boost confidence all round, i'm hoping he goes for the throat and... ' we'll score more than you' mentality which i feel he will.

To just see us in the top half of the table boosts moral, and if we beat Soton, anything could happen at home to Chelsea.

Jeez just imagine 9pts after 3 games.
Certainly would be a big confidence factor for the Chelsea game if we had six points in the bag after two games.
Rover
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Rover »

Beginning of the second half Wolves played a lot more diagonals to get in behind our FB's, other teams will have noticed this. Marsch changed tactics with his subs, shows he knows his stuff.

I thought Roca was brilliant; yes he struggled with the pace of the game at times (first time in the Premier League), toward the end he struggled with his fitness (hardly played for two years). His positional play was far better than KP's at receiving the ball and his one and two touch passes were accurate.

Adams did better than I thought he would with him and Roca combining well.

Good team performance all round; let's keep it up against Southampton.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

faaip wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:59 pm And I’d be happy for you to do so.
Be careful what you ask for. You just might get it.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Rover wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:36 am Beginning of the second half Wolves played a lot more diagonals to get in behind our FB's, other teams will have noticed this. Marsch changed tactics with his subs, shows he knows his stuff.

I thought Roca was brilliant; yes he struggled with the pace of the game at times (first time in the Premier League), toward the end he struggled with his fitness (hardly played for two years). His positional play was far better than KP's at receiving the ball and his one and two touch passes were accurate.

Adams did better than I thought he would with him and Roca combining well.

Good team performance all round; let's keep it up against Southampton.
Rodrigo was a passenger second half so bringing Klich on simply restored parity for us. Klich being more of a midfielder than an attacker meant we had more bodies in midfield so we started winning more balls in there which changed the game. Whether it was specifically tactical or not is debateable although I would give Marsch the benefit of the doubt as a more like for like swap would have been Gelhardt for Rodrigo. The change of Greenwood for Roca, 8 minutes after Klich had come on (and a minute before we went in front), was a very positive one and likely influenced by the fact we had started to look the better side since Klich's introduction so the bold option was to go for the win and introduce the more attack minded Greenwood than someone like Gyabi who would have been the more like for like swap.

I hope that it is a sign of things to come and we will see brave changes rather than last season when defensvie changes made aagainst Norwich saw us go from completely controlling the game to hanging on and nearly throwing points away.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Ren’s first trip to Elland road to watch
@LUFC
play
@Wolves
and he LOVED IT!!🔥 #LuckyCharm #LUFC #MOT

"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:24 pm Ren’s first trip to Elland road to watch
@LUFC
play
@Wolves
and he LOVED IT!!🔥 #LuckyCharm #LUFC #MOT

I hope Ren will be as good as his dad.
1964white

Re: Leeds Utd 2-1 Wolves Match Thread - Close up footage of the game

Post by 1964white »

Build-up.
Warm-up routine.
Highlights of the goals.
Crowd scenes.
Jesse's spat with the Wolves player rolling around like a seal.
Brenden & Jesse chat
Post match scenes.

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Where's the Aaronson goal from all angles ... that would help, I feel sure he got a touch
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:50 pm Where's the Aaronson goal from all angles ... that would help, I feel sure he got a touch
Branden said he got a touch. Shearer & Wright (MOTD) thought he got a foot on it, they reckon he should have been awarded a debut goal.
1964white

Re: Leeds Utd 2-1 Wolves Match Thread - What a pulsating game!

Post by 1964white »

Watched the whole 90 minutes again on LUTV last night :-D far less tension when you know the result.

Kristensen, Llorente, Koch, Roca & Harrison all slightly better than I initially thought.

Adjusted my player ratings.

Aaronson takes the plaudits, but how good was Adams? he was biting at legs all over the pitch :lol:

For £3.99 a month, LUTV is well worth the money as you can watch full replays of the Wolves, Southampton, Chelsea, Brighton & Everton matches plus the U21 the live games v Norwich & Forest

:scar1 :scarfe2: :scar1
1964white

Re: Leeds Utd 2-1 Wolves Match Thread - TSB at their best with Wolves rants.

Post by 1964white »

This is funny.

Lot of rants about cheating Wolves.

I love their affectionate name for Dan James :lol:

BillyBremner
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by BillyBremner »

What happened between the two coaches at the end of the game?

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

1964white wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:14 am This is funny.

Lot of rants about cheating Wolves.

I love their affectionate name for Dan James :lol:

The Square Ball crew are fantastic. Level headed in their analysis. And incisively funny.