General Chat

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Baldbloke
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: General Chat

Post by Baldbloke »

We have a severely autistic grandson so we learnt Makaton as that's how he interacts with people. Currently moving on to BSL.
Mr Tumble was so annoying but he does the trick at getting kids /adults to learn it.

Favourite Arabic word ..... imshi
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Baldbloke wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:59 pm We have a severely autistic grandson so we learnt Makaton as that's how he interacts with people. Currently moving on to BSL.
Mr Tumble was so annoying but he does the trick at getting kids /adults to learn it.

Favourite Arabic word ..... imshi
Our middle son has a disability, we learn BSL together, he's far better as he uses it at his place of education.
Wonderful, I watch in awe.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

mentalcase wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:28 pm Maybe copy and paste
Nah... that wouldn't create the little grey box thing, would it...?
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

mentalcase wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:40 pm Does this mean we can just randomly go off topic at a tangent and won't get a bollocking !!
Anyway, who mentioned arithmetic ?
That's the idea... all topics are on topic...
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Feeling a bit left out that I don't speak Arabic...
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

I thought this was a football forum ?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

No, it's great, well done Sara, i should be in my element here with all the shyte i have running aloof in my heed,

I've also wwondered how people manage to do that quoting in another place thingymebob, i was dead chuffed when i learned how to do the you tube thing correcting.

I might not bother with the footy chat threads now, that's if it's alright to just put everything here.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
hector

Post by hector »

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:16 pm I thought this was a football forum ?
Nah... it's a Leeds United forum, and anything that unites us fans is good...

:) :)
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

On a sidenote, where's Victor vanished to after our first win, was enjoying his company?

Too many guitars to fix Vic?

;@)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SaraM wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:58 am Oh, well done! That's another thing I've tried and failed to learn properly. Very useful skills to have.
In the spirit of Nobby, trying and failing to learn properly is a useful skill to have?

sorry, nobby
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

SaraM wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:43 am Have you tried Avon Skin So Soft? It really does stop them from biting... something about it they really don't like. I use it when I remember...
I've just rang mi mam, Calamine lotion apparently works a treat.

;@)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Doesn't work as well without the means to follow a thread back, likes and tagging...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SaraM wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:29 amLove hedgehogs!
Slow roasted with a nice gravy ?

(in the style of DL)
Last edited by The Subhuman on Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SaraM wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:14 pm Nah... that wouldn't create the little grey box thing, would it...?
figured it out, quote in the original thread, takes you to the reply box. Cut the whole post, go to the thread needed for the quote and paste

Then add your bit and post

See above
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:16 pm I thought this was a football forum ?
My experience of football forums is that I spend most of my time talking about music and general non-football shizzle. There's only so much you can say about Jesse Marsch's involvement with the Trump empire, after all.

And then the football info and goss is on hand when you need it... win/ win.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Bowls at Scalby just outside Scarborough this evening.

Was 30 degrees at the Cranswick club when I popped in earlier this afternoon.

Thankfully 20 degrees is forecasted for tonight :sun:

Nice pub/restaurant in Scalby, Jill & I stayed there for a weekend a few years ago, posh, pricey but excellent & recommended.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

faaip wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:56 pm In the spirit of Nobby, trying and failing to learn properly is a useful skill to have?

sorry, nobby
ba***rd!! And yes, failing to learn properly does have its uses...
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

faaip wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:00 pm Doesn't work as well without the means to follow a thread back, likes and tagging...
Agreed... multi quotes would be useful, and the ability to only quote a section of a post instead of the whole lot.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

faaip wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:05 pm figured it out, quote in the original thread, takes you to the reply box. Cut the whole post, go to the thread needed for the quote and paste

Then add your bit and post

See above
Ah, well done... I'll give it a go when I've cooled down a bit, and had a glass of wine.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

faaip wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:03 pm Slow roasted with a nice gravy ?

(in the style of DL)
I'm a massive hypocrite with meat eating; I have totally arbitrary rules about which creatures are too cute to scoff, and that includes 🦔 🦆 🦀