Patrick Bamford

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Patrick Bamford

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:34 pm Is it time to look to replace Paddy?

Will always be a hero for his 2 excellent seasons but he is increasingly unreliable.

4 seasons here 2 of which spent injured the majority of the time.

Sentiment aside should the club be looking for a replacement not competition?
Yep. But the issue is the wages. We're not paying him £75k a week to sit on the bench. Another Radz masterstroke.
Irish Ian
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Irish Ian »

Indeed.

What have the Romans ever done for us....
'We can wait for the next game with serenity' Marcelo Bielsa

'Would he kill his granny to win a match?' Bobby Collins

"Anyone need a hug? Jesse Marsch
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

BradWhite wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:50 pm Why on earth haven't we bought a decent additional striker after the having PB out for most of last season, I'm not saying get shut of him but we can't rely on him to play all season when we need goals.
Why ? Orta .
Does seem Bamford picks up injuries so easily now , but wasn't that ever the case ? Somehow got two seasons out of him relatively injury free but you get the feeling that isn't going to be the case anymore . I do think this shows the club need someone to replace him as you can't rely on Bamford being around for anything like a full season . He is the new Forshaw in terms of injuries !
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Clacton White wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:47 am Why ? Orta .
Does seem Bamford picks up injuries so easily now , but wasn't that ever the case ? Somehow got two seasons out of him relatively injury free but you get the feeling that isn't going to be the case anymore . I do think this shows the club need someone to replace him as you can't rely on Bamford being around for anything like a full season . He is the new Forshaw in terms of injuries !
If we couldn't find a better striker than Bamford for 5 years, then Orta shouldn't be in the job.

I can't help but think of Michael Bridges when it comes to Bamford. He had one good season then struggled with injuries.
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

The speed at which fans turn against players is shocking to me... I feel I've gone from Paddy's only detractor, (and that from a match day viewpoint, I've never used the trope injury prone for him) to his biggest supporter without really changing my opinion....
Cry Summerville and let slip the dogs of war

PRO Leeds ... Are You?

THE LAST REMAINING ORTA/RADS FAN
Johnboy1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnboy1965 »

To me we look a much more balanced team with him in it but I do worry that he will miss large portions of the season due to injury.
Same could be said for Joffy also.
On that basis I would like to see us sign another forward before the window closes, on loan if necessary.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:21 am The speed at which fans turn against players is shocking to me... I feel I've gone from Paddy's only detractor, (and that from a match day viewpoint, I've never used the trope injury prone for him) to his biggest supporter without really changing my opinion....
Not sure folk have turned against Paddy faaip. The evidence is clear to see that Paddy has struggled with injuries since he's been with us. As somebody said he's had one full season which got him into the England squad. If we have a main striker who now seems injury prone every game then the concern from fans is understandable. I've always championed Paddy when he's had good or bad games, I love it when he plays and his tears of frustration when he broke down with his foot last season was hard to watch, but I do now fear for his career.....hope I'm wrong.
hector

Post by hector »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:49 am Not sure folk have turned against Paddy faaip. The evidence is clear to see that Paddy has struggled with injuries since he's been with us. As somebody said he's had one full season which got him into the England squad. If we have a main striker who now seems injury prone every game then the concern from fans is understandable. I've always championed Paddy when he's had good or bad games, I love it when he plays and his tears of frustration when he broke down with his foot last season was hard to watch, but I do now fear for his career.....hope I'm wrong.
You called him all the twats under the sun last season.... for his goal celebration.... :P :P

:)
DILLIGAF??

I'm just WTF-ing my way through life......
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:27 pm You called him all the twats under the sun last season.... for his goal celebration.... :P :P

:)
I did....and he's still all the t***s under the sun for what he did :roflmao: coulda cost us our PL status :x
Rover
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Rover »

When in the championship; Bamford missed a huge number of very good chances. At Wolves; his header should have been down to the goal line, he should have scored. I like his effort; chasing down the defenders and runs in behind but he has never been prolific in front of goal. We're into our third season in the PL and we need someone that is better than PB so that he is our back up; not a young promising talent, we have that in Joffy.
Orta needs to go and make a statement of intent and sign someone that has proven they can do it at this level. Watkins would be good if we can get him or a Giovanni Simeone, someone that displaces PB would improve the team. IMO
Victor_Notts-17
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Victor_Notts-17 »

We need a striker end of! In fact, phk it: go get Ollie Watkins and show we mean business. Well worth the £30m he will cost...
Guitar tech https://www.facebook.com/ngoneseven / guitarist / song writer / church leader / husband / father / grandfather / Leeds fan / postman...
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Phil on his podcast cleared up any misunderstanding regarding Bamford.

Paraphrasing but Phil said this.

"Marsch said Bamford is not fit, he has to he managed and is being judged purely on how he feels on a game by game basis"..

On the same podcast Phil said the narrative regarding a striker has definitely changed.

Earlier in the widow it felt certain one would arrive but now the club are pushing the we are happy line.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

Cjay wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:51 am
Earlier in the widow it felt certain one would arrive but now the club are pushing the we are happy line.
That has to set alarm bells off, if we don't get an other striker in we are looking at a relegation battle again, does the board never learn ?
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

We’ll be fine
Cry Summerville and let slip the dogs of war

PRO Leeds ... Are You?

THE LAST REMAINING ORTA/RADS FAN
Rook
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Rook »

faaip wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:21 am The speed at which fans turn against players is shocking to me... I feel I've gone from Paddy's only detractor, (and that from a match day viewpoint, I've never used the trope injury prone for him) to his biggest supporter without really changing my opinion....

The vitriol directed at some of our players by some members of this forum is disgraceful.

The match day threads in particular are very grim reading.
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

It comes accross to me like they are just being very cautious with PB to avoid the situation we got last season where we seemed to rush him back and then he broke down. Clearly he is somewhere near match fit and somewhere near uninjured but he felt something on Saturday and wisely, at this point in the season, decided to come off rather than turning a tweak into something that could rule him out for a few months. It is very easy when coming back from one type of injury to end up injuring a different part of your body as you subconsciously try to protect the recently recovered area.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bamford starts the next match.
Marsching on Together
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Patrick Bamford has confirmed himself he has a groin strain and will miss the Chelsea game.

We don't need a striker though.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Tyzy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Tyzy »

I've never rated Bamford as a striker but admit he does bring something to the team however I feel he's becoming a liability and we can't rely on him.
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

On another thread I said he needs replacing as the primary striker. Fully fit, which seems a pipe dream currently, could he replicate the season he had two years ago?

For me it’s another big gamble. I hope come the winter window we are not desperately rooting around for a striker that no one else wants.
Irish Ian
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Irish Ian »

Andrea Belotti Free agent with Wolves sniffing around,

Time to act

Joffy and Bamford will struggle with fitness
'We can wait for the next game with serenity' Marcelo Bielsa

'Would he kill his granny to win a match?' Bobby Collins

"Anyone need a hug? Jesse Marsch