Today's Games

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Today's Games

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:40 pm PSV score

Ryan Kent always looks good on the European stage.
Unsure what to make of Kent :duno:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:02 pm I'd forgotten about the Rangers match, is it a good game mate?
Not bad, pretty equal 8-)

Gotta say that every time I watch Ryan Kent play in Europe he's very impressive, think he would have been a good addition for us.

We were supposedly after Cody Gapko, PSV left winger, also looks a handful, but no better than Kent in this match.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:03 pm Unsure what to make of Kent :duno:
He always looks a proper chav/thug, but he has talent and ahs impressed against good opposition whenever I've seen him.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:05 pm Not bad, pretty equal 8-)

Gotta say that every time I watch Ryan Kent play in Europe he's very impressive, think he would have been a good addition for us.

We were supposedly after Cody Gapko, PSV left winger, also looks a handful, but no better than Kent in this match.
:tup: :tup:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:07 pm :tup: :tup:
Tavernier also always looks good at right back for Rangers :tup:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:26 pm Couldn't disagree more regarding Firpo, think that's just fan bias, he's very good going forward and ok defensively.. For the money paid apart from JKA its been a success basically..
In fairness regarding Firpo it isn't just "fan bias".

Media have mentioned it to.

At the very very least he has been described as unconvincing in the media.

I've probably watched a bit more of Firpo than most because of my Barcelona interest (not an expert on him or anything).

Defensively he has never ever convinced even in Spain (that was the big criticism).

Offensively he always had potential but has only ever really had 1 decent semi regular season (the reason Barcelona signed him).

Even during that he only played 60% of the matches and it was always in a back 3 as a wing back.

At the moment at 26 years old (in a few weeks) Firpo is yet to play 25 league matches worth of minutes in a season.

He is one of those players who have always been described as having potential but its never been shown on a consistent basis over a season.

Will he ever show it? Who knows, but the criticism he has had at Leeds is nothing knew.

Defensively poor, inconsistent, erratic final ball etc, it's followed him around since well before he got to England.
Last edited by Cjay on Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

:horse: head Ruud is PSV'S coach neiiiigggghh
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:16 pm :horse: head Ruud is PSV'S coach neiiiigggghh
Not been there long, has he?
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

PSV goalie does a DeGea and Gers take the lead :lol:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:20 pm Not been there long, has he?
I dunno, think there could still be a lot of activity in the transfer market yet.

If PSV get knocked out Gakpo will be up for grabs. Plenty big transfers to come.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

PSV equalise, Gers defending the corner like we used to do.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Great game at Ibrox last night.

PSV were very pro active and were out to win the game.
I thought their pressing was superb which left Rangers the only option to run more with the ball, which they did well.

Loads of tackles, fouls, play acting.

Well set up for the second leg.

We can only dream of such nights at Elland Road.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Cracking game last neet, Rangers were undone by set piece letdowns, like us for last 2 seasons.
I thought the ref (Orsato ) was superb, took no nonsense and wanted the game to flow, you could see the players respected him, I'd love him to ref in the PL, class act :clap:
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Two stoppage-time own goals saw Millwall claim a remarkable 2-2 draw at Swansea City.

Cresswell & Shackleton both subbed in the 64th minute.

Millwall going well in 4th place.

Current leaders Blackburn could open a wider gap at the top if they win at Reading tonight
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

mentalcase wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:33 am Cracking game last neet, Rangers were undone by set piece letdowns, like us for last 2 seasons.
I thought the ref (Orsato ) was superb, took no nonsense and wanted the game to flow, you could see the players respected him, I'd love him to ref in the PL, class act :clap:
Yeah, decent match MC and the ref contributed to it by letting the game flow. I thought he let PSV away with a few disruptive fouls, so hopefully Rangers get the same leniency in the second leg.

Kent, Tavernier and Tillman impressive :tup:
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:03 pm Unsure what to make of Kent :duno:
Some rural parts are nice but some of the big towns are really rough....
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

White Riot wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:01 pm Yeah, decent match MC and the ref contributed to it by letting the game flow. I thought he let PSV away with a few disruptive fouls, so hopefully Rangers get the same leniency in the second leg.

Kent, Tavernier and Tillman impressive :tup:
We were linked with RK for ages, he hasn't laked in the PL, but, I'll bet he would have done a decent job for us, he's still learning and getting better all the time, probably would have been cheaper than some we've splashed out on.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

mentalcase wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:49 pm We were linked with RK for ages, he hasn't laked in the PL, but, I'll bet he would have done a decent job for us, he's still learning and getting better all the time, probably would have been cheaper than some we've splashed out on.
I've only really watched him in the Old Firm matches, or in Europe, and he's impressed every time against quality European opponents, he will end up in the EPL, but not for cheap.
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

Chilli D wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:09 pm Some rural parts are nice but some of the big towns are really rough....
Ba-dum, tish!!! 😁
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Finnatic wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:10 pm Ba-dum, tish!!! 😁
😁
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden