Summer 2022 transfer speculation and squad discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Summer 2022 transfer speculation and squad discussion

Post by Cjay »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:15 pm Conner talked about it on the One Leeds Fan Channel. Other than that just some rumors in minor USA media. Nothing I would call serious. Just thought I would get in front of it. Because like you said....It won't happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVgpLRMueLA

I love Pulisic! No issues with him in terms of talent, work ethic, or attitude. I think he's a great player when fit. But he's been injured far too often for both club and country. And what's he on about £140K per week???
Never fit as you say, we can't take the risk.

Besides our club is clearly dragging its feet on signing anyone now.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

The talk about Pulisic seem to suggest Chelsea want to loan him out rather than sell him. As such it couldbe a good signing for us even if we were paying the full wages. It would equate to around £7m per year which initially seems expensive but what sort of player are you likely to get that is as proven in thei league as him if you had just £7m to spend?

Plus I would think e could have a clause whereby we wouldn't pay the wages if he was injured. I think we had a similar deal regarding Izzy Brown in that we didn't pay anything until he was fit to play, and presume Jamal Blackman's deal expired when we sent him back after he broke his leg.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:54 pm Hearing all these Christian Pulisic to LUFC rumors today. As an American Leeds supporter let me just say this would be a TERRIBLE idea. The price tag is WAY too high for one thing. But I just don't see him as a Leeds player. And where does he fit in the system? I think he would be a huge disruption to the current squad.
Didn't Tuchel fall out with him because he came in at half time carrying an injury, said he was fine, then was asking to be subbed before the kick off? I might be wrong in the details, but thats pretty weak imo. Wonder if he'd be up for the press. JM knows him better than any of us, that's for sure. Fantastic player. Really hope to see him succeed with the US. Unlikely he'd be the option for us and that we could possibly afford him.
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

weasel wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:40 am The talk about Pulisic seem to suggest Chelsea want to loan him out rather than sell him. As such it couldbe a good signing for us even if we were paying the full wages. It would equate to around £7m per year which initially seems expensive but what sort of player are you likely to get that is as proven in thei league as him if you had just £7m to spend?

Plus I would think e could have a clause whereby we wouldn't pay the wages if he was injured. I think we had a similar deal regarding Izzy Brown in that we didn't pay anything until he was fit to play, and presume Jamal Blackman's deal expired when we sent him back after he broke his leg.
Under this scenario the money could be manageable. But Pulisic prefers to play on the left side of midfield/wing. So then we would be loaded up with Harrison, Sinisterra, and Pulisic. He immediately moves into the starting lineup. What to do with the other two? Particularly Sinisterra who we just paid what £25M for him? The other option is to play Christian at the #10. But I actually think Aaronson is better in that spot. And Pulisic has not been too receptive to playing on the right....
Football/Futbol/Soccer
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

We may as well close this thread.

Other clubs make signings look easy.

Sinisterra is the last player we signed 42 days (6 weeks) ago

Our current first team new trio were signed in June.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

We've signed a forward and a goalkeeper since then....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

faaip wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:27 pm We've signed a forward and a goalkeeper since then....
Yup. No need for frustration. We've made several signings. And I don't want us to make signings just for the sake of it.

Panic buys will land us another Laurens De Bock or JKA.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Forest paying 35 million for Morgan Gibbs White ???? Seriously?
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:08 pm Forest paying 35 million for Morgan Gibbs White ???? Seriously?
Astonishing fee. Think Forest have had their pants pulled down with that. Wolves seem to do well with getting big fees for their players.
hector

Post by hector »

Lumiukko wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:38 pm Astonishing fee. Think Forest have had their pants pulled down with that. Wolves seem to do well with getting big fees for their DROSS
FTFY :tup:
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Leicester have rejected two bids for Fofana.

That's how "the Leicester model" works Radz.

You keep rejecting bids until they come back with an 80 million offer. Yes. That's what I do like about the Leicester model
leedsalex
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsalex »

The player we are supposed to by from Zurich Gnondo is on the bench!!
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

hector wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:48 pmFTFY :tup:
At least it wasn't us for a change :lol:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:54 pm Hearing all these Christian Pulisic to LUFC rumors today. As an American Leeds supporter let me just say this would be a TERRIBLE idea. The price tag is WAY too high for one thing. But I just don't see him as a Leeds player. And where does he fit in the system? I think he would be a huge disruption to the current squad.
Wouldn't say no to a loan, if we could get a good deal. But I'd prefer to loan Broja.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:27 pm We've signed a forward and a goalkeeper since then....
Two players required for first XI more important right now.

Perkins are not going to be in direct competition with Bamford or Gelhardt in the next few months. Even if both are unavailable, Rodrigo, James & Greenwood would be the other options.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... ve-3813810

Club sits and does nothing for a month and just waffles on about monitoring and watching then complains about how hard it is to sign players in the final 2 weeks

:lol:
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Definitely aren't buying anyone now :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

"You are a lovely young man Christian, come join me at the United States of Leeds United".

I just wonder?

Phil Hay specifically asking Marsch about Pulisic in a press conference pre Chelsea.

Marsch talking about dominoes needing to fall for signings, Chelsea after other attackers.

Pulisic's dad was liking twitter comments criticising Tuchel and Chelsea yesterday.

It would seem ludicrous purely on a financial basis but also because fundamentally Pulisic isn't a striker but neither was De Ketelaere.

Pulisic needs games for with the World Cup coming.

Clearly isn't happy at Chelsea.

He was spotted having a good chat with Adams and Aaronson to.
I don't believe it will happen but I do wonder?

He is out of contract in 2024, unlikely to sign another and once a player reaches the final 18 months of his contract value dips drastically.

I could see him in a false 9 role with his intelligence and pace with Aaronson and Harrison running beyond him.

If money is his motivation then it won't happen but if playing football and off the pitch happiness is important then who knows?

Maybe?
Last edited by Cjay on Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Cjay wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:33 pm
"You are a lovely young man Christian, come join me at the United States of Leeds United".

I just wonder?

Phil Hay specifically asking Marsch about Pulisic in a press conference pre Chelsea.

Marsch talking about dominoes needing to fall for signings, Chelsea after other attackers.

Pulisic's dad was liking twitter comments criticising Tuchel and Chelsea yesterday.

It would seem ludicrous purely on a financial basis but also because fundamentally Pulisic isn't a striker but neither was De Ketelaere.

He was spotted having a good chat to Adams and Aaronson to.

He is out of contract in 2024, unlikely to sign another and once a player reaches the final 18 months of his contract value dips drastically.

I could see him in a false 9 role with his intelligence and pace.

If money is his motivation then it won't happen but if playing football and off the pitch happiness is important then who knows?

Maybe?
You mentioned wages before or someone did. Also his injury record. But under Marsch he could be good and ready to work hard with a WC on the horizon.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:33 pm

I just wonder?

He was spotted having a good chat with Adams and Aaronson to.

I could see him in a false 9 role with his intelligence and pace with Aaronson and Harrison running beyond him.

Maybe?
Hard to believe he is still so young.

Money would be a stumbling block

Loan deal maybe but with his contract needing renewing I doubt that is workable.

His wages are £7M a year
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa