The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 17th August) - Interest in Ismaila Sarr hotting up

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 17th August) Media sources claim Sarr close to signing

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

VinnysTattoo wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:20 pm Who cares where you where born as a Leeds fan?

Some narrow minded individuals use someone not from Leeds as a verbal stick to beat them with. Pathetic.

Sarr seems expensive to me with a lowish conversion rate.

Looks like we are going to have a season of peaks and troughs. We certainly can’t sit back and protect a lead. Three up with ten to go will still leave me uneasy.
Some narrow minded and condescending people go around telling fans born in Leeds that they don't understand the passions involved in being a LUFC supporter - funny how people are handily leaving out the context in which my comments were made. Context is everything in this case - so why ignore it ?

I don't care where Leeds fans come from, but I do care when somebody from Whitby lectures me on the emotions involved in supporting my home club. Imagine a Frenchman lecturing an Englishman on him not understanding the emotions involved in supporting the England team..
Last edited by CHAPELALLMAN on Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:29 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 17th August) Media sources claim Sarr close to signing

Post by Kennyb41 »

When have facts ever bothered our clown Paul, they're ALL gambles of his anyway, why not this one ?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:34 am
The latest odds according to SkyBet:

Ismaila Sarr 4/1

Adama Traore 10/1

Armando Broja 16/1

Nicolas Pepe 16/1

Harry Winks 20/1

Hakim Ziyech 20/1

Ivan Toney 25/1

Christian Pulisic 25/1

Tyrone Mings 25/1

Aaron Wan-Bissaka 33/1

Connor Gallagher 40/1

Antony 40/1

Morgan Gibbs-White 50/1
Bloody hell, who would bet on half of those? A few selects out of that list:

Sarr - Most likely as per the odds, but I just don't think he's the productive goal machine we need. Harrison, Sinisterra, James should all be getting 5+ goals a season like Sarr. That said, in a different system he may have more about him, but too much of a risk at 25mill.

Traore - Clickbait re-hashed.

Broja - Unlikely to come, but if we could snatch this guy I'd be happy.

Winks - We already have decent cover in that CM position now.

Toney - Another I'd take happily, and reckon he would get us the 15 goals we need. Unlikely to leave Brentford whilst they are doing so well?

Pulisic - If I were to put a sneaky quid on an outside bet for a loan in, this would be it. We could not afford his transfer and wages, but a loan could possibly get him to ER. I am sure he would like to unite with fellow USMNT players and also Marsch.

Wan-Bissaka - No more Scum rejects (even though he's an OK player).

Mings - ROFLMAO

Gallagher - No chance. Aaronson/Klich kind of plays the same position. Loves the bright lights of London.

Gibbs-White - Half decent young player but seems to be happy at Wolves. No room for him in the Leeds squad anyway unless someone leaves.
Rover
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Rover »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:12 pm Some narrow minded and condescending people go around telling fans born in Leeds that they don't understand the passions involved in being a LUFC supporter - funny how people are handily leaving out the context in which my comments were made. Context is everything in this case - so why ignore it ?

I don't care where Leeds fans come from, but I do care when somebody from Whitby lectures me on the emotions involved in supporting my home club. Imagine a Frenchman lecturing an Englishman on him not understanding the emotions involved in supporting the England team..
I'm from Yorkshire; British but not English!
Rover
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Rover »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:34 am Several journo's on twitter and newsnow. Obviously it's not a foregone conclusion, but according to the bookies, he remains our best bet for a signing in the next two weeks.

The latest odds according to SkyBet:

Ismaila Sarr 4/1

Adama Traore 10/1

Armando Broja 16/1

Nicolas Pepe 16/1

Harry Winks 20/1

Hakim Ziyech 20/1

Ivan Toney 25/1

Christian Pulisic 25/1

Tyrone Mings 25/1

Aaron Wan-Bissaka 33/1

Connor Gallagher 40/1

Antony 40/1

Morgan Gibbs-White 50/1

No mention of Terrier or Watkins. I'd prefer either of these to any of the above.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:12 pm Some narrow minded and condescending people go around telling fans born in Leeds that they don't understand the passions involved in being a LUFC supporter - funny how people are handily leaving out the context in which my comments were made. Context is everything in this case - so why ignore it ?

Again you post something which makes no sense. I was born in Whitby but support Leeds. I doubt the Frenchman supports England.....
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Sarr is predominantly a winger that sometimes plays forward. We have enough of those already.
Lufcste
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 17th August) - Interest in Ismaila Sarr hotting up

Post by Lufcste »

Sorry for the strange and irrelevant post but how do we get the customer number to sign into the official website. Thanks in advance lads and ladies.
ALL LEEDS AREN'T WEEEEEEEE
mentalcase

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 17th August) - Interest in Ismaila Sarr hotting up

Post by mentalcase »

Lufcste wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:25 am Sorry for the strange and irrelevant post but how do we get the customer number to sign into the official website. Thanks in advance lads and ladies.
It's on your membership
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Lufcste
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Lufcste »

mentalcase wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:35 am It's on your membership
Okay, I was a bit slow to that :roflmao: . Thanks a million.
ALL LEEDS AREN'T WEEEEEEEE
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Lufcste wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:37 am Okay, I was a bit slow to that :roflmao: . Thanks a million.
Tha's welcome :tup:
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"