How much is Illan Meslier really worth?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: How much is Illan Meslier really worth?

Post by weasel »

mentalcase wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:09 pm But we are LUFC, we have just had our pants down for our main 2 stars, why would dealing with IM be any different .
And just a few days ago talking about Kalvin Phillips being injured
mentalcase wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:36 pm £40 odd million for a crock, cracking business United/ Radz / Orta
So which is it?
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

weasel wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:00 pm And just a few days ago talking about Kalvin Phillips being injured

So which is it?
Both, what bit don't you understand like !!
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

mentalcase wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:23 pm Both, what bit don't you understand like !!
So we did some cracking business selling KP to Man CIty whilst they had our pants down. I'm surprised Kinnear didn't go into more detail about that in his recent interviews.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

weasel wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:00 pm And just a few days ago talking about Kalvin Phillips being injured

So which is it?
:lol: Great post!
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

weasel wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:21 am So we did some cracking business selling KP to Man CIty whilst they had our pants down. I'm surprised Kinnear didn't go into more detail about that in his recent interviews.
It was great business for a home grown player, cost us nothing, we made £40 million profit.

They had our pants down, because, apparently, a lot of folk, rated him at around double that.

Can you now understand it !!!
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

Sorry , I'm kinda thick, but wtf has selling KP got to do with how much Spider boy is worth, you two get a room,
MOT is getting worse with topics going of at tangents.....
Please vote for my rate the ref LOL
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

velo wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:59 am Sorry , I'm kinda thick, but wtf has selling KP got to do with how much Spider boy is worth, you two get a room,
MOT is getting worse with topics going of at tangents.....
Please vote for my rate the ref LOL
I'm sure you're smarter than you come across, don't be so hard on yourself :P

It was in relation to us supposedly being shafted over the KP deal, despite apparently getting a great deal, and that we would be shafted by any fee we get for Mesllier.

Try to keep up Velo ;-)
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

weasel wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:33 am I'm sure you're smarter than you come across, don't be so hard on yourself :P

Please don't over estimate me
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
Musicman1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Musicman1965 »

Illan Meslier has tremendous pontential. He is young and can only get better as long as he stays fit. Value wise would be extremely high
and if its Manure asking, then add on another 10 million. Market Value has to 30 million..... The big question if you got the money who would you replace him with?
Victor_Notts-17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Victor_Notts-17 »

After yesterday: a lot! If he hadn't made the 3 blinding saves that he did make yesterday, we'd have been 2 down in 20 minutes and the result yesterday would have been a lot different...
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Would be thrilled if he stuck around for another 10 - 15 years.

Given his age and his ability, I would imagine he'd be one of the most expensive keepers in the world about now.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:55 pm After yesterday: a lot! If he hadn't made the 3 blinding saves that he did make yesterday, we'd have been 2 down in 20 minutes and the result yesterday would have been a lot different...
Had a very good game. He seemed up for it. I think his best save was from Gallacher when Gallacher was flagged for offside - it looked a tight call too and am glad he saved it cos they may have overturned it on VaR if the ball had ended up in the net.

Am hoping this season Messlier makes a big leap forward in his development into a top keeper.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

weasel wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:21 pm Had a very good game. He seemed up for it. I think his best save was from Gallacher when Gallacher was flagged for offside - it looked a tight call too and am glad he saved it cos they may have overturned it on VaR if the ball had ended up in the net.
I was disappointed that one was called offside because it was a cracking save. Meslier's save of the season so far. It reminded me of a scene years ago. Bruce Grobelaar made a finger tip save and the referee gave a goal kick. Most goalies would have gladly taken the goal kick. Grobelaar was livid yelling at the ref that it was a corner and gesturing with his hand that he'd saved it.