shouldn't leave it so long between cuts
General Chat
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- hector
- Moderator

- Posts: 14629
- Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
- Location: In a wood
Re: General Chat
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
- Jaydog
- Superstar

- Posts: 21204
- Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
- Location: Here
Re: General Chat
Russia are burning £8 million plus of gas a day on the Finnish border. Normally goes to Germany. New holiday destination to keep warm in the winter
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
- Chilli D
- Superstar

- Posts: 8782
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm
Re: General Chat
Did you see the local news last night? Kentford near Newmarket had over 100mm of rain in a few hours, and Bury St Edmunds had 71mm. Certain parts of East Anglia had nothing. The storm for us started at 4am until nearly 7am and we lost power for 45 minutes.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
- Jaydog
- Superstar

- Posts: 21204
- Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
- Location: Here
Re: General Chat
Not surprised Chilli. It filled up my 3 water butts double quick. Didn’t lose power as far as I know but it was a cracking storm. Thunder was weird. Non stop.
I’ve known it to be wet on my side of Bury and dry on the other side before now. Very localised
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155173
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
- Jaydog
- Superstar

- Posts: 21204
- Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
- Location: Here
Re: General Chat
The environmental consequences are scary. That’s the epitome of cutting off your nose to spite your face1964white wrote: ↑Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:09 am https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-62652133
Bast*rds
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
- Jaydog
- Superstar

- Posts: 21204
- Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
- Location: Here
Re: General Chat
“Chancellor tells British public to cut back”. According to the BBC.
This is in response to the massive hike in energy bills soon to be unleashed on the public.
After I’ve got the new iPhone, a new car, had my garden landscaped, bought drugs & wine and been on an expensive holiday I’m planning to cut back before my next benefits payment
This is in response to the massive hike in energy bills soon to be unleashed on the public.
After I’ve got the new iPhone, a new car, had my garden landscaped, bought drugs & wine and been on an expensive holiday I’m planning to cut back before my next benefits payment
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
- Rook
- First Team

- Posts: 1513
- Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:02 pm
Re: General Chat
I've just broke a tooth eating a Mars Bar!
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
- Jaydog
- Superstar

- Posts: 21204
- Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
- Location: Here
Re: General Chat
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
- Rook
- First Team

- Posts: 1513
- Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:02 pm
Re: General Chat
No. Just a room temperature Mars bar.
The tooth has snapped in half.
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
- Jaydog
- Superstar

- Posts: 21204
- Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
- Location: Here
Re: General Chat
Bummer.
Expensive dental trip.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
- Rook
- First Team

- Posts: 1513
- Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:02 pm
Re: General Chat
The most expensive Mars Bar I've ever had.
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
- whiteswan
- Superstar

- Posts: 20738
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am
- Jaydog
- Superstar

- Posts: 21204
- Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
- Location: Here
Re: General Chat
A Mars a day helps you work, rest & pay
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
- Rook
- First Team

- Posts: 1513
- Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:02 pm
Re: General Chat
One of my bottom Molars.
The top of the tooth snapped off. The full root of the tooth is still there.
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
- whiteswan
- Superstar

- Posts: 20738
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am
Re: General Chat
They should be able to re build it for you. If it's just a cusp it will be easy, if it's a lot of the crown then still can be done. Have you any pain? Hopefully the nerve isn't exposed?
I spent 20 years in dentistry.....materials these days are superb, much better than when I was in dental
- whiteswan
- Superstar

- Posts: 20738
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am
Re: General Chat
Can you remember if you've bitten on anything hard recently? I bit on a pitted olive but some of the stone was still in it...totally unexpected, nothing happened then but a few days later it fractured, already broken by the olive stone.
Last edited by whiteswan on Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Rook
- First Team

- Posts: 1513
- Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:02 pm
Re: General Chat
whiteswan wrote: ↑Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:33 pm They should be able to re build it for you. If it's just a cusp it will be easy, if it's a lot of the crown then still can be done. Have you any pain? Hopefully the nerve isn't exposed?
I spent 20 years in dentistry.....materials these days are superb, much better than when I was in dental
The entire crown came off. No pain though.
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
- Jaydog
- Superstar

- Posts: 21204
- Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
- Location: Here
Re: General Chat
I was about to say were you in the dental industry
I used to get a check up & hygienist for £28 and now it’s over £100 as the hygienist is no longer NHS.
If you have anything major done god help you ££££
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
-
Clacton White
- First Team

- Posts: 2071
- Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:56 pm