General Chat

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
Victor_OTT_17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3286
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: General Chat

Post by Victor_OTT_17 »

Talking of dentists: just had my itemised bill for work I need doing this year (bridge/crown/fillings/polish): £1750! I have private insurance come into effect September 1st and the dentist is billing me on the 2nd so I will be able to claim 80% of it back...

PS: Had my second acupuncture treatment today. Seeing benefits already. The Doc, Mr. Lam guarantees he will cure me (not just stop the pain). I'm open-minded and hopeful...
Last edited by Victor_OTT_17 on Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Guitar Medic on FaceBook and on YouTube

weasel wrote: ↑Tue Jul 28, 2026 4:35 pm Are you dense?
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20738
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: General Chat

Post by whiteswan »

Rook wrote: ↑Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:36 pm The entire crown came off. No pain though.
They can pin it for you if needed, titanium pin to hold the build together, but as I say, materials are much better now so probably won't need pinning...keep us posted, I'm very interested as to what they do.
Good luck Rook :)
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14629
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: General Chat

Post by hector »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:33 pm They should be able to re build it for you. If it's just a cusp it will be easy, if it's a lot of the crown then still can be done. Have you any pain? Hopefully the nerve isn't exposed?

I spent 20 years in dentistry.....materials these days are superb, much better than when I was in dental
Aye you were using hand drills and hammer and chisel weren't you??

:) :)
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155173
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: General Chat

Post by 1964white »

Rook wrote: ↑Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:49 pm No. Just a room temperature Mars bar.

The tooth has snapped in half.
Ouch!
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155173
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: General Chat

Post by 1964white »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:58 pm Talking of dentists: just had my itemised bill for work I need doing this year (bridge/crown/fillings/polish): £1750! I have private insurance come into effect September 1st and the dentist is billing me on the 2nd so I will be able to claim 80% of it back...

PS: Had my second acupuncture treatment today. Seeing benefits already. The Doc, Mr. Lam guarantees he will cure me (not just stop the pain). I'm open-minded and hopeful...
Good news :tup:
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155173
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: General Chat

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:40 pm I was about to say were you in the dental industry :)
I used to get a check up & hygienist for £28 and now it’s over £100 as the hygienist is no longer NHS.
If you have anything major done god help you ££££
Dentists & GP's coining it in these days.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155173
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: General Chat

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:26 pm A Mars a day helps you work, rest & pay
Clever play on words :lol:
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20738
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: General Chat

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: ↑Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:59 pm Aye you were using hand drills and hammer and chisel weren't you??

:) :)
No I was not ya cheeky beggar. I was very professional :)

Mind you, I'd rather like to get you my dear heccy in me dental chair :hamr: :span: :lol:
User avatar
Rook
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1513
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:02 pm

Re: General Chat

Post by Rook »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:58 pm They can pin it for you if needed, titanium pin to hold the build together, but as I say, materials are much better now so probably won't need pinning...keep us posted, I'm very interested as to what they do.
Good luck Rook :)

Will do. :tup:
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21204
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: General Chat

Post by Jaydog »

Rory wins the Fed Ex cup from under Schefflers nose and 18 million $.
The third time he’s won. More than Woods.
But 18 million! Surely some of this money should be put back in to reduced tickets for the public. Same in all sport. We have to keep footing the bill. These top boys don’t exactly need the money after all
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Lufcste
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon May 09, 2022 1:09 pm

Re: General Chat

Post by Lufcste »

Does anyone know why the stadium tours have stopped? :duno:
ALL LEEDS AREN'T WEEEEEEEE
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: General Chat

Post by Kennyb41 »

Sections dilapidated.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21204
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: General Chat

Post by Jaydog »

Anonymous wrote: ↑Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:31 am I am when I'm in the pub, unless it's Dorset summer holidays, when it's cider. Wine at home though.
Very wise.
I mix them in a cocktail when in Dorset. It’s called a Caskwiner. Bloody lethal. Keeps you warm in a tent though
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Rook
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1513
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:02 pm

Re: General Chat

Post by Rook »

I'm addicted to crunchy Peanut butter.
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
AylingFlop
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon May 30, 2022 9:34 am
Location: West Sussex

Re: General Chat

Post by AylingFlop »

Anonymous wrote: ↑Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:40 am I have it on toast nearly every day, with sriracha sauce.
Wow. Never thought of adding sriracha to pb - must give that a go. I interchange Whole Earth crunchy pb on toast with marmite on toast for my breccy washed down with a proper brew of regular Yorkshire tea.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21204
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: General Chat

Post by Jaydog »

As a kid I used to have toast, butter, marmite & PB combined.
That’s not Patrick Bamford btw.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79003
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: General Chat

Post by The Subhuman »

Toast, wholemeal peanut butter then honey ......
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 14809
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: General Chat

Post by lufc1304 »

I like a PB/Marmite combo on my toast
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
User avatar
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2390
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:14 pm
Location: God’s own county (north)

Re: General Chat

Post by Byebyegeegee »

lufc1304 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:17 pm I like a PB/Marmite combo on my toast
A thin layer of marmite topped with a generous layer of peanut butter on toast, sloshed down with a nice cup of tea, is a fab combination for breakfast and sets me up for the day 👍🏻
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20738
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: General Chat

Post by whiteswan »

Anonymous wrote: ↑Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:40 am I have it on toast nearly every day, with sriracha sauce.
Have you tried the Sriracha dried spice in a Shake and add little tin Sara? It's amazing. I shake it on everything. Egg mayo sarnies, salad, baked beans, pasta, you name it.....
Post Reply