General Chat

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2390
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:14 pm
Location: God’s own county (north)

Re: General Chat

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Byebyegeegee wrote: ↑Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:42 pm A thin layer of marmite topped with a generous layer of peanut butter on toast, sloshed down with a nice cup of tea, is a fab combination for breakfast and sets me up for the day 👍🏻
Possibly not the healthiest though, but I always have some fruit as well in atonement.
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22381
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: General Chat

Post by White Riot »

I prefer Tahin on bread, or toast, a tasty and healthy substitute for peanut butter.

I also love Ciganska Banitsa, which is toast with olive oil, salt and Chubritsa (Summer Savory herb) sprinkled and rubbed in to the toast

BG will know the craic ;-)
AylingFlop
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon May 30, 2022 9:34 am
Location: West Sussex

Re: General Chat

Post by AylingFlop »

My wife tried to break my pb habit by buying tahini once. I couldn't stand it. She recently found the jar in the cupboard & asked if I was going to eat it. I told her there wasn't any chance I was going to eat it before it's best before date let alone now. The best before date was 1994, despite her reassuring me it wasn't mouldy & smelled OK, it was a hard pass on my part.
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: General Chat

Post by Kennyb41 »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:43 pm Have you tried the Sriracha dried spice in a Shake and add little tin Sara? It's amazing. I shake it on everything. Egg mayo sarnies, salad, baked beans, pasta, you name it.....
Pot Noodle (Chicken n Mushroom)
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: General Chat

Post by Kennyb41 »

On this occasion i'm left wondering.....'where was the good guy with a gun?'

https://www.yahoo.com/news/12-old-shoot ... 30574.html
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
Tyzy
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4214
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:09 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: General Chat

Post by Tyzy »

I guess we are all bored hearing about energy prices but as a comparison i thought id calculate my bill from Feb this year to what it would have been using the new Oct the new price cap, fooking scared me to death !!

Actual gas and elec bill on my current deal was = £241 using the Oct price cap figures it would have been £796 !!!!!!!!
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: General Chat

Post by Kennyb41 »

Tyzy wrote: ↑Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:03 am I guess we are all bored hearing about energy prices but as a comparison i thought id calculate my bill from Feb this year to what it would have been using the new Oct the new price cap, fooking scared me to death !!

Actual gas and elec bill on my current deal was = £241 using the Oct price cap figures it would have been £796 !!!!!!!!
Needs more info Tyzy, dwelling ? Family size ? Is that figure for how long ? Yearly ?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: General Chat

Post by Kennyb41 »

Tyzy wrote: ↑Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:03 am I guess we are all bored hearing about energy prices but as a comparison i thought id calculate my bill from Feb this year to what it would have been using the new Oct the new price cap, fooking scared me to death !!

Actual gas and elec bill on my current deal was = £241 using the Oct price cap figures it would have been £796 !!!!!!!!
Needs more info Tyzy, dwelling ? Family size ? Is that figure for how long ? Yearly ?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20740
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: General Chat

Post by whiteswan »

Anonymous wrote: ↑Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:07 pm Didn't know you could get that... sounds good, I'll look out for it!
Its 'Cape Herb and Spice'
Sriracha Chilli
Sweet and sour hot thai seasoning

It's in a red and white tin about 4/5 inches high. I get it from Asda, all my friends have me get it for them

Be warned though. Don't breathe in when you remove the paper under the lid :lol:
User avatar
Tyzy
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4214
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:09 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: General Chat

Post by Tyzy »

Kennyb41 wrote: ↑Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:16 am Needs more info Tyzy, dwelling ? Family size ? Is that figure for how long ? Yearly ?
I just calculated for the month of Feb as a comparison.I live in a 4 bed detached,kids no longer at home.Here's another comparison,July's bill on our current deal was £45 on the new Oct cap price it would have been £135🙈plus I was on holiday for 2 of those weeks in July
geeno_philly
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:47 pm

Re: General Chat

Post by geeno_philly »

Just gonna leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MuEtuD0HH8
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21205
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: General Chat

Post by Jaydog »

geeno_philly wrote: ↑Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:08 pm Just gonna leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MuEtuD0HH8
:lol: stink level :lol:
How do you know.
“Hey darling I’ve had a hot & sweaty day can you check my stink level”. “While you’re down there”.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21205
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: General Chat

Post by Jaydog »

Tyzy wrote: ↑Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:05 pm I just calculated for the month of Feb as a comparison.I live in a 4 bed detached,kids no longer at home.Here's another comparison,July's bill on our current deal was £45 on the new Oct cap price it would have been £135🙈plus I was on holiday for 2 of those weeks in July
Think I worked out my gas & electric for a 4 bed detached house, no kids at home will double from current £194 by the second increase which is January (?). Not sure when that kicks in but will be about £350-£380 early next year.
12 jumpers & 6 pairs of joggers and zero heating. Plus I’m eating sushi all winter so zero bills.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Tyzy
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4214
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:09 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: General Chat

Post by Tyzy »

Hot tub will have to go 😁
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21205
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: General Chat

Post by Jaydog »

Tyzy wrote: ↑Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:25 pm Hot tub will have to go 😁
You’ll be drinking that fella. Won’t be able to afford any more water. Get in with several teabags and bingo.
That’s not a euphemism btw
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Rook
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1513
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:02 pm

Re: General Chat

Post by Rook »

I've just seen a rat, the size of a small dog, in the back garden :shock:
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20740
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: General Chat

Post by whiteswan »

Rook wrote: ↑Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:32 pm I've just seen a rat, the size of a small dog, in the back garden :shock:
What's happening about your tooth Rook?
User avatar
Rook
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1513
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:02 pm

Re: General Chat

Post by Rook »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:22 pm What's happening about your tooth Rook?


Can't get a Dentist appointment until November, Swannie.

Thinking of having an implant.
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20740
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: General Chat

Post by whiteswan »

Rook wrote: ↑Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:53 pm Can't get a Dentist appointment until November, Swannie.

Thinking of having an implant.
Wow! :shock:

What a mess this country of ours is in!

Don't know much about implants, not my field apart from extraction and then drilling into the mandible/maxilla bone.
Quite intrusive surgery. I certainly wouldn't go down that route (no pun intended :) Surely the tooth can be built up if no pain.....root intact, root canal if necessary and then rebuilt with the incredible stuff dentists have at their disposal these days....seriously check out all your options.
User avatar
Rook
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1513
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:02 pm

Re: General Chat

Post by Rook »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:33 pm Wow! :shock:

What a mess this country of ours is in!

Don't know much about implants, not my field apart from extraction and then drilling into the mandible/maxilla bone.
Quite intrusive surgery. I certainly wouldn't go down that route (no pun intended :) Surely the tooth can be built up if no pain.....root intact, root canal if necessary and then rebuilt with the incredible stuff dentists have at their disposal these days....seriously check out all your options.

The waiting list on the NHS is absurd.

If i go private, i can get in November.

It's going to cost me the best part of a grand to get this done, if i get an implant.

I just can't really afford it. :(
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
Post Reply