Not needed

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Not needed

Post by faaip »

Last edited by faaip on Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Cry Summerville and let slip the dogs of war
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Goals against

Post by 1964white »

So the right is our Achilles heel.
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

1964white wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:10 pm So the right is our Achilles heel.
Seems to be, Struijk and Harrison have been very good for the most part defending the left... Gonna take me while to figure out todays, the first and fourth for sure came from the right, second a FK was more central but need to re watch the build up. 5th should never have happened, you can't defend errors like that
Jaydog
Manager
Manager

Post by Jaydog »

Good work over here Faaip. What’s the solution? Remove Llorente from ER for starters. He’s had 2 frighteningly bad games in a row. He surely can’t be given a shirt for Forest.
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

I'd remove Llorente for sure for a while at least. He's lost all form and confidence and needs a spell in the reserves. We've either played teams with good left sided players or teams have identified it as a weakness. Teams aren't getting much down our left despite the fans thinking Struijk isn't a LB....

We have a choice to make if Rasmus is fit for the next game, start him and hope he continues to improve or bring back Ayling full time, I've maintained for a couple of seasons now that Ayling is a top 5 RWB in the premiership, he's a more instinctive player than Rasmus too ...

It's an interesting dilemma. Ayling/Firpo gives us a goal threat both sides, both excellent crossers, both will overlap and get to the bye line. Kristensen and Struijk are more of your old fashioned full back imo, they won't make those runs as much and they will pull the trigger on balls into the box more often ....both will sit deeper.
Jaydog
Manager
Manager

Post by Jaydog »

faaip wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:28 am I'd remove Llorente for sure for a while at least. He's lost all form and confidence and needs a spell in the reserves. We've either played teams with good left sided players or teams have identified it as a weakness. Teams aren't getting much down our left despite the fans thinking Struijk isn't a LB....

We have a choice to make if Rasmus is fit for the next game, start him and hope he continues to improve or bring back Ayling full time, I've maintained for a couple of seasons now that Ayling is a top 5 RWB in the premiership, he's a more instinctive player than Rasmus too ...

It's an interesting dilemma. Ayling/Firpo gives us a goal threat both sides, both excellent crossers, both will overlap and get to the bye line. Kristensen and Struijk are more of your old fashioned full back imo, they won't make those runs as much and they will pull the trigger on balls into the box more often ....both will sit deeper.
Great cross for the goal from Ayling. Tough call between him & Kristensen who seems to be improving for me.
Struijk was trying to get forward a lot more v Brentford but him and Jack don’t look a natural pairing in attack. I hope you’re right about Firpo, I really do. He deserves his chance to prove the doubters wrong. But please keep Pascal in the team. That’s a no brainer
Nelson Silva
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Nelson Silva »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:54 am Great cross for the goal from Ayling. Tough call between him & Kristensen who seems to be improving for me.
Struijk was trying to get forward a lot more v Brentford but him and Jack don’t look a natural pairing in attack. I hope you’re right about Firpo, I really do. He deserves his chance to prove the doubters wrong. But please keep Pascal in the team. That’s a no brainer
Struijk and Harrison dont look natural because Struijk isnt a lb...hes a cb, and will be an amazing CB in my opinion...