The King/Kate

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21202
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: The Queen.

Post by Jaydog »

I can only abide 2 royals. Liz because she’s a top notch bird who loves the geegees & William because he’s handled himself with a bit of class. The rest not worth a toss. Oh and Queen mum was great as was the p..s artist Margaret
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14621
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: The Queen.

Post by hector »

Cjay wrote: ↑Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:56 pm Him and Meghan are going to Balmoral apparently.

Must be serious unfortunately.

Charles is already there

Personally I wouldn't let Harry through the bloody gates until he ditches that stupid TART of his.
FTFY :) :)
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41693
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: The Queen.

Post by Cjay »

They are all there

Charles, Anne, Andrew, Harry, William etc.

Seems like the end of an era is drawing nearer

Very sad :(
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41693
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: The Queen.

Post by Cjay »

hector wrote: ↑Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:01 pmFTFY :) :)
That to :)

Queen raises her head, looks at Meghan.

"f**k orf".

:)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: The Queen.

Post by Kennyb41 »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:48 pm Me too Jill, it's really concerning, no way would this have been announced if she wasn't very poorly

Thoughts with The Queen and all her family

(Not the time to slag off Harry, but I hope he's well and truly proud of all the upset and anguish he's caused his aging Gran :x )
Harry Swan !

I'd hazard a guess her sons antics with a certain paedo had her choking on her Earl Grey and shortbread. :shock:

I think Harrys antics a drop in the ocean in compariSON.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21202
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: The Queen.

Post by Jaydog »

Yeah and Andyperv doesn’t sweat you know. Not a drop 😅
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: The Queen.

Post by Kennyb41 »

Give me a night out with Prince Philip, pot smoking Margaret and Harry any night of the week, proper knees up that.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: The Queen.

Post by Kennyb41 »

Has Harry and Meghans Easyjet flight landed yet?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21202
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: The Queen.

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: ↑Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:57 pm Has Harry and Meghans Easyjet flight landed yet?
Kenny, check out the Spitting Image naming the Royal baby sketch on you tube. Quality. Drink names from Margaret. Pervert names from Andy. They had his measure even back then. Hilarious
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20737
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: The Queen.

Post by whiteswan »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:14 pm Kenny, check out the Spitting Image naming the Royal baby sketch on you tube. Quality. Drink names from Margaret. Pervert names from Andy. They had his measure even back then. Hilarious
I think the Andrew scenario has been known for years by The Queen, and 'Royally' dealt with back then. My beef is with Harry for all the upset he's caused an old lady in her 90's! Shame on him and that wife of his.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21202
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: The Queen.

Post by Jaydog »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:20 pm I think the Andrew scenario has been known for years by The Queen, and 'Royally' dealt with back then. My beef is with Harry for all the upset he's caused an old lady in her 90's! Shame on him and that wife of his.
I worked for an army chap who’d spent time with Harry on the North Pole trip (or south?) and he said he was a non who came alive in front of the cameras. Probably messed up by his mothers death.
He said army people would never have any respect for him now
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: The Queen.

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jesting aside now, i'm actually feeling quite sad, i can't stand all the hangers on, but the Queen although privileged has done us proud for all these years representing us all over the world, she commands huge respect and no way on this earth would i have liked to have been born into her shoes, it was thrown upon her through no wish of her own at a young age and she's done us grand right up until this very last day and only the other day welcoming the new PM.

I doff my cap to thee m'aam, tis a sad day indeed :cry:
Last edited by Kennyb41 on Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 13914
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois

Re: The Queen.

Post by John in Louisiana »

As an American, I have no patience for the notion of the divine right of kings.

That being said, I have long admired the way the British have paid homage to their history by making the King/Queen the ceremonial head of state. It's a grand tradition.

In that role, Elizabeth II has been truly remarkable. She has represented the United Kingdom before the world with grace and dignity for longer than I have been alive. There are other queens, but when one says "the Queen" everyone on earth knows to whom one is referring.

I shall miss her presence on the world stage.
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41693
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: The Queen.

Post by Cjay »

Been thinking today how The Queen is literally a link to a completely different time.

An era we now think of as distant history.

The Queen when she was crowned, the first Prime Minister she had was Winston Churchill.

He was born in 1874.

101 years before the latest (and sadly likely last) Prime Minister The Queen met, Liz Truss was born.

It's amazing to think that 2 days ago Queen Elizabeth formally greeted a Prime Minister who was born over 100 years after her first.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21202
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: The Queen.

Post by Jaydog »

Cjay wrote: ↑Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:48 pm Been thinking today how The Queen is literally a link to a completely different time.

An era we now think of as distant history.

The Queen when she was crowned, the first Prime Minister she had was Winston Churchill.

He was born in 1874.

101 years before the latest (and sadly likely last) Prime Minister The Queen met, Liz Truss was born.

It's amazing to think that 2 days ago Queen Elizabeth formally greeted a Prime Minister who was born over 100 years after her first.
An amazing life Cjay
Winston Churchill - Liz Truss😂
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155125
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The Queen.

Post by 1964white »

I hope The Queen isn't watching the telly in bed.

BBC/ITV & other media sources are discussing HM as if she is about to pass away :(
WhiteRose
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3693
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:24 pm

Re: The Queen.

Post by WhiteRose »

Dreading that news coming in that most now seem to think is inevitable, she is an absolute hero who has ruled with great dedication and distinction for all our lives - completely irreplaceable and whilst I think the monarchy should carry on it will be greatly diminished.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21202
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: The Queen.

Post by Jaydog »

Meghan is staying away. Only Arry. Probs wise I’d say
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
Overman
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3324
Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 11:04 pm

Re: The Queen.

Post by Overman »

WhiteRose wrote: ↑Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:03 pm Dreading that news coming in that most now seem to think is inevitable, she is an absolute hero who has ruled with great dedication and distinction for all our lives - completely irreplaceable and whilst I think the monarchy should carry on it will be greatly diminished.
Definitely not like the snowflake generation today. The queen is certainly an iconic figurehead and has lived through some real adversity.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21202
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: The Queen.

Post by Jaydog »

RIP LIZZY
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
Post Reply