What are you doing today ?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
BlackHillsPaul
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 4516
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:53 pm
Location: Arizona, USA

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

What am I doing today? Well, I took the old Harley Davidson out for a ride today. First stop was for Coffee and a Breakfast Sandwich at the Filling Station in the Historic Wild West town of Deadwood. Then down through the Black Hills to Custer State Park. Rode the Needles Hwy and the Iron Mountain Road. Past Mt. Rushmore National Monument. Lunch in Keystone. Then back home to Spearfish. It was a GREAT day in the Black Hills of South Dakota USA!! 8-)
Football/Futbol/Soccer
User avatar
velo
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4179
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:06 pm

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by velo »

An other sleepless night, after a day painting the flat getting ready for a whole new chapter in my life.......
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
Azkal
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5475
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:15 am

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by Azkal »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: ↑Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:11 am What am I doing today? Well, I took the old Harley Davidson out for a ride today. First stop was for Coffee and a Breakfast Sandwich at the Filling Station in the Historic Wild West town of Deadwood. Then down through the Black Hills to Custer State Park. Rode the Needles Hwy and the Iron Mountain Road. Past Mt. Rushmore National Monument. Lunch in Keystone. Then back home to Spearfish. It was a GREAT day in the Black Hills of South Dakota USA!! 8-)
Sounds like a superb day out Paul, and what better way to take in the scenery than on your trusted Iron Steed :tup:
Last edited by Azkal on Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155180
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by 1964white »

Muppet the Cat wrote: ↑Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:59 pm I’m not a complete Philistine then, faaip as the shoes I wear most over the course of a year are those Clarks ATL Active Air brown leather sandals.

Also, you can’t really drive in FF’s 😄
I can :lol:

Nor me Cat, my flip flops cost £35

Shoes/boots price :( range from £45 up to £125.
User avatar
billysboots
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1491
Joined: Mon May 26, 2003 7:29 am
Location: N.Ireland

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by billysboots »

I’m sitting on the runway in Dublin airport waiting for my Ryanair flight to Venice to takeoff, birthday trip for Mrs. Boots. 🍻 🚤 🎂
There Is Only One United.
User avatar
velo
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4179
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:06 pm

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by velo »

Between watching our game against Chelski, I managed to pack the last few bits up in my flat, so already to start my next chapter, my new partner has also packed her stuff up at her place and we are off !
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21205
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by Jaydog »

velo wrote: ↑Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:33 pm Between watching our game against Chelski, I managed to pack the last few bits up in my flat, so already to start my next chapter, my new partner has also packed her stuff up at her place and we are off !
Off where Velo?
Good luck on your journey wherever it may be :tup:
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
BlackHillsPaul
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 4516
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:53 pm
Location: Arizona, USA

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Today's match kicked off just after 7am Mountain Daylight Time for me. I watched the match over coffee. Now I'm smoking some Beef Ribs and drinking some American IPA. Contemplating an after dinner victory cigar.... 8-)
Football/Futbol/Soccer
User avatar
velo
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4179
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:06 pm

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by velo »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:59 pm Off where Velo?
Good luck on your journey wherever it may be :tup:
Back to my roots,Staveley nr Chesterfield, wemove in the morning, so will be off line for a day or so
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155180
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by 1964white »

Bridlington nice & quiet at 8.30am on a beautiful morning.

Nice walk along the seafront.

Screenshot 2022-09-13 11.15.08.png
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20738
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by whiteswan »

That beach looks stunning Leon, and I can just see my beloved Flamborough in the distance.... :)
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155180
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:18 pm That beach looks stunning Leon, and I can just see my beloved Flamborough in the distance.... :)
A tractor flattens the sand out from early morning up to about 9.30am every day, Swannie.
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20738
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: ↑Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:59 am A tractor flattens the sand out from early morning up to about 9.30am every day, Swannie.
Its lovely. I never went on the beach at Brid as a kid staying at Flamborough, mainly into town and around the harbour. Is the Spa theatre down that end?
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155180
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:07 am Its lovely. I never went on the beach at Brid as a kid staying at Flamborough, mainly into town and around the harbour. Is the Spa theatre down that end?
The Spa theatre is on the South side of Bridlington in Marine Drive, the same road I took the above photo.
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20738
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: ↑Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:29 am The Spa theatre is on the South side of Bridlington in Marine Drive, the same road I took the above photo.
I saw Neil Sedaka at the spa in the 70's, also 10cc
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155180
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:16 pm I saw Neil Sedaka at the spa in the 70's, also 10cc
The years when decent artists appeared at The Spa.

I saw 10cc at Leeds Uni, they were a excellent live band.

The last wonderful concert at The Spa was when Morrisssey appeared 2005, not much since.
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20738
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: ↑Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:01 pm The years when decent artists appeared at The Spa.

I saw 10cc at Leeds Uni, they were a excellent live band.

The last wonderful concert at The Spa was when Morrisssey appeared 2005, not much since.
Jane :love: performs at Bridlington Spa every tour she does :)
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155180
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:22 pm Jane :love: performs at Bridlington Spa every tour she does :)
The Spa seems to attract easy listening singers like Jane, Daniel O'Donnell, Foster & Allen & pop artists that are past their sell-by date of late. Also loads of tribute bands too!
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14631
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by hector »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:22 pm Jane :love: performs at Bridlington Spa every tour she does :)
Obviously somewhere to avoid like the plague...

:) :)
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21205
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by Jaydog »

Who’s Jane? That bird who sang on cruise ships?
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
Post Reply