Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
bobcat
Ballboy
Ballboy

Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

Post by bobcat »

Howdy folks. Been gone for quite some time, thought I'd check out the place again. Miss me? :-D

Been lucky in the States as our last several seasons we could see Leeds quite a bit in the Championship and this new-fangled journey into the Premier League. Used to post a lot back in the days of pirated audio streams and the live chat room during matches. Seems a long time ago, especially after the amazing season we've been able to enjoy. Here's to one more victory in the season, come Sunday.

M O T!
Been gone a long while, but back again
CanuckMightyWhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CanuckMightyWhite »

Hello fellow Leeds fans.
Long time supporter, since the 1992-93 season after we won the title, primarily because my favourite cricketer at the time (Tendulkar) signed to play for Yorkshire.
Been way too many lows since then, apart from the turn of the century with the O’Leary squads, finally we’re back to reclaim our lost spot at the upper end of the football pyramid.

Based in Canada, watched a lot of games in the 2nd tier by paying the 5 bucks on LUTV whenever we haven’t been on DAZN.
MOT
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

CanuckMightyWhite wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:40 pm Hello fellow Leeds fans.
Long time supporter, since the 1992-93 season after we won the title, primarily because my favourite cricketer at the time (Tendulkar) signed to play for Yorkshire.
Been way too many lows since then, apart from the turn of the century with the O’Leary squads, finally we’re back to reclaim our lost spot at the upper end of the football pyramid.

Based in Canada, watched a lot of games in the 2nd tier by paying the 5 bucks on LUTV whenever we haven’t been on DAZN.
MOT
Welcome to MOT Canuck.
catamaran
Ballboy
Ballboy
Twitter: @dayssincemanu

Post by catamaran »

Hello! I've been a Leeds fan for as long as I can remember (2000s) so thought it was about time I joined a forum, rather than just bleating on about things on Twitter! Looking forward to chatting to you all!
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

catamaran wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:16 am Hello! I've been a Leeds fan for as long as I can remember (2000s) so thought it was about time I joined a forum, rather than just bleating on about things on Twitter! Looking forward to chatting to you all!
Good to have you, mate. :tup:
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

Hi all.

About time I started contributing!

First game in 1970, season ticket holder in the late 80’s when I moved back up north. Now an occasional ER visitor and have just taken up membership to get in the odd game. Before Bielsa it was relatively easy to get a ticket, however the football used to get in the way of a good lunch time booze up most of the time!

I hope me joining the forum doesn’t signal a decline this season. Our poor pre season form has been carried into the start of this one, and I don’t understand why we are playing so less effectively than last year. I am a little worried about the season ahead, but being a Leeds fan that comes with the territory 😀
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

VinnysTattoo wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:19 am Hi all.

About time I started contributing!

First game in 1970, season ticket holder in the late 80’s when I moved back up north. Now an occasional ER visitor and have just taken up membership to get in the odd game. Before Bielsa it was relatively easy to get a ticket, however the football used to get in the way of a good lunch time booze up most of the time!

I hope me joining the forum doesn’t signal a decline this season. Our poor pre season form has been carried into the start of this one, and I don’t understand why we are playing so less effectively than last year. I am a little worried about the season ahead, but being a Leeds fan that comes with the territory 😀

Welcome to the forum!

Few signs we are starting to put things together now. Just need to be more clinical (same old story)!
Jimang
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jimang »

Started supporting Leeds in the 69/70 season firstly when they seemed to be on TV a lot and then when I began collecting and swapping the A & ABC set of football cards. Then the performance in the cup final against Chelsea, and willing them to win. Supported them ever since, and luckily both my Sons and now Grand daughters followed suit. Favorite player was Peter Lorimer closely followed by Allan Clarke, guess a youngster is always influenced by the goal scorers lol. Some great heights and many lows since then but the current side and Manager have done great. Wish we could keep Raphinia, a world class player in the making.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Jimang wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:57 pm Started supporting Leeds in the 69/70 season firstly when they seemed to be on TV a lot and then when I began collecting and swapping the A & ABC set of football cards. Then the performance in the cup final against Chelsea, and willing them to win. Supported them ever since, and luckily both my Sons and now Grand daughters followed suit. Favorite player was Peter Lorimer closely followed by Allan Clarke, guess a youngster is always influenced by the goal scorers lol. Some great heights and many lows since then but the current side and Manager have done great. Wish we could keep Raphinia, a world class player in the making.
Welcome to MOT, Jimang - like you Lorimer was my favourite player as a youngster.

I don’t think you’re alone here in hoping that we can keep hold of Raph :tup:
JackRussel
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by JackRussel »

Hi all, I decided to write in this thread so that no one would be surprised by my posts in other threads.
Briefly about myself: I love soccer! :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

JackRussel wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:32 pm Hi all, I decided to write in this thread so that no one would be surprised by my posts in other threads.
Briefly about myself: I love soccer! :)
Welcome to MOT Jack :tup:
Notwell
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Notwell »

Hi, I am from Norway as so many of the gang. I've been a Leeds United supporter since 1974. Been to Elland Road many times, but its a long time ago as family and business have dragged me to other countries. Spain and Viet Nam.

Its exciting times and I am planning a trip. Used to be a member of a LU mailing list a long time ago and missed it, so I found this forum. Eddie is my fav all time player, I watched him get a hattrick for the club 1978 on my first trip. Versus Leicester. And Paul Hart had a beauty away versus Norwich, right in the cross only problem was it was an own goal. LOL

He became a decent player after several of these mistakes (and was important as a YA coach later) , so maybe there is hope for Tyler as well? I think Bielsa does the right thing trusting his players. He seems a decent person with ethics and morale, that isn't easy to find and I respect it.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Welcome Notwell, I hope you are well!

I am always fascinated by the fact that Leeds United do seem to have so many passionate Norwegian fans (dare I say more than most if not all other English league clubs) and have always wondered why that is the case. I would be very interested to hear your take on it Notwell.
VoiceofaLurker
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by VoiceofaLurker »

Hello all,

I failed to notice this thread and I suppose I should have done an introduction.
I live in the Midlands and I started supporting Leeds from an early age. My Dad was a big fan of Sniffer Clarke from his time at Walsall and he followed him through his tranfers until he ended up at Leeds and it was at this time I took an interest in football and that's how I became a Leeds fan.

My first ever game was in 1974 at Villa Park. There was a Centenary game played pre-season and it was Brian Clough's first game at the helm. I had aquired a massive wall sized Leeds poster which I still have somewhere which you had to send off to The Sun newspaper to get, I think there was a Manure one as well.
Somehow my Mom got this poster into the dressing room and was signed by all the team the only notable omission was the unsigned photo of Don Revie in the corner.

I would go to the Midlands clubs to watch Leeds when they were playing, I can remember vividly my Mom pulling out my Leeds scarf to cover her head as it started raining whils't we were standing in The Holte End and getting a torrent of jeers.
I was also at the 1985 Birmingham riot at St Andrews, where my step father commented "If they could guarentee this there'd be 50K here every week"

My first visit to Elland Road was in 1992 a 1-1 draw with Crystal Palace standing in the kop.

So no real rationale behind supporting Leeds it's just the way it is.

VOAL.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

VoiceofaLurker wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:16 pm Hello all,

I failed to notice this thread and I suppose I should have done an introduction.
I live in the Midlands and I started supporting Leeds from an early age. My Dad was a big fan of Sniffer Clarke from his time at Walsall and he followed him through his tranfers until he ended up at Leeds and it was at this time I took an interest in football and that's how I became a Leeds fan.

My first ever game was in 1974 at Villa Park. There was a Centenary game played pre-season and it was Brian Clough's first game at the helm. I had aquired a massive wall sized Leeds poster which I still have somewhere which you had to send off to The Sun newspaper to get, I think there was a Manure one as well.
Somehow my Mom got this poster into the dressing room and was signed by all the team the only notable omission was the unsigned photo of Don Revie in the corner.

I would go to the Midlands clubs to watch Leeds when they were playing, I can remember vividly my Mom pulling out my Leeds scarf to cover her head as it started raining whils't we were standing in The Holte End and getting a torrent of jeers.
I was also at the 1985 Birmingham riot at St Andrews, where my step father commented "If they could guarentee this there'd be 50K here every week"

My first visit to Elland Road was in 1992 a 1-1 draw with Crystal Palace standing in the kop.

So no real rationale behind supporting Leeds it's just the way it is.

VOAL.
Welcome VOAL, hope you enjoy the forum mate :tup:
Poccur
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Poccur »

Born in Bournemouth and moved to the USA 22 years ago. Living in the mountains of Virginia.
Lost touch with any football till the pandemic hit and wife and I were cruising thru Netflix. Found the documentary 'Take us Home: Leeds United' about the struggle to get back to the Premiership. We both fell in love with the club and the fans. The passion, the joy, the struggle...loved it...It is a religion...awesome.....We have been watching the team ever since.
Hopefully when all this virus is gone or managed we will make a trip to see Leeds at Eland Road. Will be proud to sing with you all. We might sound like Hillbillies but 'we all love Leeds'!!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Poccur wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:51 pm Born in Bournemouth and moved to the USA 22 years ago. Living in the mountains of Virginia.
Lost touch with any football till the pandemic hit and wife and I were cruising thru Netflix. Found the documentary 'Take us Home: Leeds United' about the struggle to get back to the Premiership. We both fell in love with the club and the fans. The passion, the joy, the struggle...loved it...It is a religion...awesome.....We have been watching the team ever since.
Hopefully when all this virus is gone or managed we will make a trip to see Leeds at Eland Road. Will be proud to sing with you all. We might sound like Hillbillies but 'we all love Leeds'!!
Welcome to MOT, Poccur :tup:
SnifferClarke
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by SnifferClarke »

Hi all

Another long time fan, and forum lurker. First game 1968 Arsenal 4 Leeds 3.

MOT
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SnifferClarke wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:13 pm Hi all

Another long time fan, and forum lurker. First game 1968 Arsenal 4 Leeds 3.

MOT
Welcome to MOT, Sniffer :tup:
Unbelievable Jeff
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Unbelievable Jeff »

Hi everyone, glad to be onboard. Supported United all my life in one form or another. I have quite a bit of time on my hands these days so a number of my posts won't be just football related, hope thats ok, just let me know if it isn't, lol. Cheers, Steve.
Ha ha charade you are....