Leeds v Aston Villa - Team-Reports-Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Re: Leeds v Aston Villa - Team-Reports-Ratings

Post by Haighy »

rab_rant wrote:There was something happening on the pitch that had both Bruce and Monk giggling.
The TV cameras refused to pick it up and the commentators refuse to offend our
sensitive ears by telling us what was going on.

Can someone who was at the match fill us in.
Streaker, but he kept his pants on !
He was one of the Irish whites who apparently did it for charity......and was supposed to be flying home from Manchester airport the same night !!
Not sure if he made it.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Haighy wrote:Streaker, but he kept his pants on !
He was one of the Irish whites who apparently did it for charity......and was supposed to be flying home from Manchester airport the same night !!
Not sure if he made it.
Marked his card for future matches, may struggle to acquire tickets now especially if he has been banned
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Haighy wrote:Streaker, but he kept his pants on !
Not sure if he made it.
Caught with his pants down in Manchester, then he might be there for some time... just saying :roflmao:
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

I thought we were second best for the first 30 mins, then came into it more as the half went on. Second half was fairly even until we scored (weight off Roofe's shoulders!), then there only ever looked like one winner. Saw the game out very professionally, and the second goal was the icing on the cake. Sounded like there was a great atmosphere in the ground, too, everyone is pulling in the same direction! Heady days, how far can we go??
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Does Bridcutt get back in, does Hernandez get back in? Beradi can't get back in so one wonders if our two stars will start when fit?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote:Heady days, how far can we go??
A long way I would think Nick

I have seen the majority of the teams in the championship & they are all much of a muchness. We look a more physical, tougher, fitter outfit than most. Monk has made us hard to beat building his team from the back with an engine-room as tough as old boots which has not been seen at ER over the last decade.
Bridcutt, O'Kane, Berardi & Hernandez will be looking from the sidelines thinking how are we gonna get our place back in this team !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Does Bridcutt get back in, does Hernandez get back in? Beradi can't get back in so one wonders if our two stars will start when fit?
Great minds think alike as I post up a similar post simultaneously as yours !
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

lufc1304 wrote:I thought we were second best for the first 30 mins, then came into it more as the half went on. Second half was fairly even until we scored (weight off Roofe's shoulders!), then there only ever looked like one winner. Saw the game out very professionally, and the second goal was the icing on the cake. Sounded like there was a great atmosphere in the ground, too, everyone is pulling in the same direction! Heady days, how far can we go??
The Kop was as loud as I've heard for a long time.
By the end the whole ground was rocking !

Enjoy it while it lasts !!!
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

1964white wrote:A long way I would think Nick

I have seen the majority of the teams in the championship & they are all much of a muchness. We look a more physical, tougher, fitter outfit than most. Monk has made us hard to beat building his team from the back with an engine-room as tough as old boots which has not been seen at ER over the last decade.
Bridcutt, O'Kane, Berardi & Hernandez will be looking from the sidelines thinking how are we gonna get our place back in this team !
As I've said before, Leon, what we do in January is key. Secure permanent deals for Jansson, Bartley and Hernandez, plus maybe another striker brought in and we can give the top six (at least) a proper tilt. The one fly in the ointment is the Charlie Taylor scenario. He's got better and better as the season has gone on to the point where he does look ready for the Prem now. I hope the club can convince him that there's a bright future here, but I fear the worst. Berardi to LB? Could be his best chance of getting back in the team!

Nice for Monk to have a positive selection headache, rather than having to scrabble around fitting square pegs into round holes. I'd say Bridcutt will probably come straight back in when fit, which will be harsh on Vieira and Phillips, but we will need him and O'Kane's experience as the season goes on. Berardi and Hernandez may have to wait a while!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

I think you are right there Phillips and Viera don't have to much craft and ok they are good players but are still raw for me and dare I say a little naive when losing the ball . You can sometimes see this within a tight match with their over exhuberance and losing concentration.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

lufc1304 wrote:As I've said before, Leon, what we do in January is key. Secure permanent deals for Jansson, Bartley and Hernandez, plus maybe another striker brought in and we can give the top six (at least) a proper tilt. The one fly in the ointment is the Charlie Taylor scenario. He's got better and better as the season has gone on to the point where he does look ready for the Prem now. I hope the club can convince him that there's a bright future here, but I fear the worst. Berardi to LB? Could be his best chance of getting back in the team!

Nice for Monk to have a positive selection headache, rather than having to scrabble around fitting square pegs into round holes. I'd say Bridcutt will probably come straight back in when fit, which will be harsh on Vieira and Phillips, but we will need him and O'Kane's experience as the season goes on. Berardi and Hernandez may have to wait a while!
I'd leave hernandez. Think he'll be a waste of money, will be 32 by the end of the season - unless we can get him for a free on a years contract
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

danhirons wrote:

I'd leave hernandez. Think he'll be a waste of money, will be 32 by the end of the season - unless we can get him for a free on a years contract
I understand your thinking Dan but remember we need strength in depth. There's nothing wrong with getting him on a 1-year rolling contract. You never know what injuries we're going to pick up and have to cover. We've been stretched on 'first team' quality on several occasions and we need players who can slot in as necessary without being played out of position.

If we stay in the playoff zone we need that quality squad depth more than ever. Let's get out of this league once and for all.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

One of the best atmosphere's I have ever seen at Elland Road here's my VLOG of the game:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

paddy parrott wrote:I think you are right there Phillips and Viera don't have to much craft and ok they are good players but are still raw for me and dare I say a little naive when losing the ball . You can sometimes see this within a tight match with their over exhuberance and losing concentration.

See I have the same problem with Ayling who lost possession at least 4 times yesterday including getting Phillips booked with a suicide pass. I get that he's ok going forward but I'd rather have Beradi' skill set and experience and become a truly dominant defence.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Haighy wrote:The Kop was as loud as I've heard for a long time.
By the end the whole ground was rocking !

Enjoy it while it lasts !!!
Best atmosphere in the kop I've heard in years mate

When the whole kop sings Marching On Together it makes your hair stand up on the back of your neck, even though I haven't got a hairy neck :wink:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

becchio bear wrote:Pat who attended the game texted me to say Ayling was her MOTM... clearly you watched a different game ... :bear:
Ayling was my MOTM as well BB.....I thought he had a brilliant game, and I just loved his enthusiasm....
1964white

Post by 1964white »

danhirons wrote:I'd leave hernandez. Think he'll be a waste of money, will be 32 by the end of the season - unless we can get him for a free on a years contract
You are joking Dan

Hernandez is our most creative midfielder, arguably one of our best players.
Pablo has inspired, directed & dictated our play particularly in our away matches
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:Ayling was my MOTM as well BB.....I thought he had a brilliant game, and I just loved his enthusiasm....
Hi Swan

Please can you post up your vote on the MOTM thread, much appreciated :tup:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

becchio bear wrote:Sorry faaip, don't usually comment on these kind of things but just have to. Giving lumpa a 7 alongside Sacko and Roofe is just not on. Roofe scored a brilliant goal :-D Sacko was great and his fantastic run from the half way line with an attempt on goal to be toed in by lumpa was immense. Shame it didn't go in from Sacko tbh. Lumpa was just lucky. :bear:
Right place at the right time BB, and a good job he was as I don't think the ball would have carried over the line. I think he showed great awareness and the goal will help with his confidence. But I do agree that it would have been nice to see Sacko score after his heroics...maybe next time Eh? :-D
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote:Hi Swan

Please can you post up your vote on the MOTM thread, much appreciated :tup:
Of course 64, anything for you :-D