Adam Forshaw- Joins Plymouth

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Adam Forshaw

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:24 pm Shearer is an awful pundit. Nearly as bad an 'expert' as he was a manager.
I agree, can't stand the man, however he still called it right yesterday.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

No one had a bad game tbf and Forshaw certainly improved on his Arsenal performance getting used to a new position.. His distribution past the half way line was poor to say Roberts though . A solid 6.5 or 7
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

weasel wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:03 pm They were but I would say they played a lot better against MU. For me it was more about how we played today. We were up for it, probably stung by a lot of over the top criticism. Getting a settled strong side back for us makes us a completely different animal to the severely wounded animal that limped to defeat against City and Arsenal.
Thank you weasel. Someone to come out and say how well WE played rather than Burnley being :poo: :poo: . Give credit where credit is due!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:28 pm Thank you weasel. Someone to come out and say how well WE played rather than Burnley being :poo: :poo: . Give credit where credit is due!
Absolutely, Burnley have taken points off some good teams recently.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:28 pm Thank you weasel. Someone to come out and say how well WE played rather than Burnley being :poo: :poo: . Give credit where credit is due!
We played really well, we didn't allow them to settle, read my match report Swannie

I don't know what you folks were watching as Burnley were shocking, I said it to my good mate Paul just after they equalised, this lot are not good.

Apart from Cornet who looks a quality footballer & Charlie Taylor who made a couple of good runs/decent crosses they appeared to be an ageing side going nowhere.....hang on the only place Burnley are heading is to the championship, the clarets are on par with Newcastle & Norwich. Watford maybe their saving grace.

Burnley were so bad, they were wasting time after 20 minutes in an effort to break our momentum

Dyche wasn't impressed with his team.
Burnley's supporters are saying their team is the worse in many years.
Shearer said they were poor.
Newspaper reports are not complementary.
One of my pals on our coach said "if Burnley had got a point it would have been a total injustice as they were shocking"

Leeds were excellent.
Burnley were horrible.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Burnley were that bad we should've scored at least 6. I lost count of the number of times we broke their defence and we're through on goal but bad decisions cost us a hatful.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:32 pm Absolutely, Burnley have taken points off some good teams recently.
And drawn at home 0-0 v Newcastle & Norwich

Lost 1-0 to Newcastle in the Geordies only victory

Not scored in nine of their seventeen matches

Four goalless draws (two of them decent to be fair)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

BGwhite wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:10 pm Burnley were that bad we should've scored at least 6. I lost count of the number of times we broke their defence and we're through on goal but bad decisions cost us a hatful.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
Thank you BG, could have been more than six, they should have been out of the game at half-time.

So many errors, reminded me of our defending this season.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:57 pm We played really well, we didn't allow them to settle, read my match report Swannie

I don't know what you folks were watching as Burnley were shocking, I said it to my good mate Paul just after they equalised, this lot are not good.

Apart from Cornet who looks a quality footballer & Charlie Taylor who made a couple of good runs/decent crosses they appeared to be an ageing side going nowhere.....hang on the only place Burnley are heading is to the championship, the clarets are on par with Newcastle & Norwich. Watford maybe their saving grace.

Burnley were so bad, they were wasting time after 20 minutes in an effort to break our momentum

Dyche wasn't impressed with his team.
Burnley's supporters are saying their team is the worse in many years.
Shearer said they were poor.
Newspaper reports are not complementary.
One of my pals on our coach said "if Burnley had got a point it would have been a total injustice as they were shocking"

Leeds were excellent.
Burnley were horrible.
A team can only play as well as the opposition allow them to play. We didnt allow Burnley to play well. But I do agree that there were at least 3 chances we should have taken....but all teams miss chances. Even Citeh and Chelski v Liddypool yesterday. Even the great Salah stuffed up.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds United are delighted to announce midfielder Adam Forshaw has signed a new contract with the club.

Forshaw, whose current deal was due to expire at the end of the season, has agreed a one-year extension keeping him at Elland Road until the summer of 2023.

Screenshot 2022-01-14 18.28.37.png
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Sensible and good work
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

:strong: :strong: :strong: :strong: :strong: :strong: Adam Forshaw ,
Proud of you mate ,absolutely fantastic.
You are 4 and deserve the Leeds United shirt mate.
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

Good news - he has earned it this season :clap:
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

Gives 110 % , pleased for him, he a good asset
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Well done Adam!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Have tunes changed since start of season?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Done ok over a small sample size.

Wouldn't get the level of praise he has if it wasn't preceeded by "considering the injury".

Done OK, fine with a 1 year extension.

Doesn't excel in any role though, nowhere near creative enough for an 8, can't tackle or read the game well enough to be a 4 at Premier league level.

Reason he has been a bit part Championship player his whole career when all is said and done.

Considering the injury he has done enough to earn a squad member place for 12months.
Last edited by Cjay on Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

faaip wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:54 pm Have tunes changed since start of season?
Mine hasn't always rated him
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Good for him :clap:

He can provide some rest and respite for the quality midfielders that we need to bring in ;-)

He'll be a good back up for next season :)
Cumbriarents
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Cumbriarents »

Well done, I thought his career was over not so long ago. His come back fighting and that's what we want at Leeds