Jack Harrison

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Re: Jack Harrison - What was that all about?

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:06 pm 1991-92 1st
1990-91 4th

Yes. That's the Leeds I grew up with. Well after a few years in the 2nd division
Thanks Andrew. My stats were just from the time that the PL came into existence. If we take the top tier then the Revie and Wilko eras come into play too of course.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Ahh all the years when good players/managers won you titles and league positions. Now it's exclusively money...

Our average finishing spot since the inaugural Premiership 30 seasons ago is between 2nd and 3rd in the second tier
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Dropped out injured from tonight's match apparently.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:21 pm Dropped out injured from tonight's match apparently.
Must have been injured in the warm-up, as Jack was selected to play from the start tonight.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Jack Harrison

Post by Cjay »

Given the lack of chat about a new deal I'd be pretty shocked if he is here February 1st.

Frankly if Jesse is our man then I'd rather sell Harrison and bring in someone more suited to his style.
Signed

King Cjay

billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

I think we should sell for the same reason, we have other players that can the same job or better.
There Is Only One United.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

I'm not sure Newcastle would want him in his current form. I thought he was poor again yesterday albeit playing in an unusual position. We know there is a player in there somewhere and he shouldn't need to be stuck out on the left touchline to find some form. Good players adapt.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

I'd sell him to the Geordies, we now have Sinisterra and Gnonto to cover and we need the cash.

Besides, why should we be the only club to buy something that glitters only to find it ain't necessarily gold.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Carrick Dave wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:28 pm I'd sell him to the Geordies, we now have Sinisterra and Gnonto to cover and we need the cash.

Besides, why should we be the only club to buy something that glitters only to find it ain't necessarily gold.
My thought exactly, the geordies I was talking to yesterday "don't want harrison if that's the shift he puts in"
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Carrick Dave wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:28 pm I'd sell him to the Geordies, we now have Sinisterra and Gnonto to cover and we need the cash.

We don't have Sinisterra. Who knows when he's coming back.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:22 pm I'm not sure Newcastle would want him in his current form. I thought he was poor again yesterday albeit playing in an unusual position. We know there is a player in there somewhere and he shouldn't need to be stuck out on the left touchline to find some form. Good players adapt.
I thought he was OK against Newcastle. He had that one great run when he took the ball right down the middle into the box. He would do more of that if he had better quality around him. And that's what Newcastle's scouts see in him.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:08 pm I thought he was OK against Newcastle. He had that one great run when he took the ball right down the middle into the box. He would do more of that if he had better quality around him. And that's what Newcastle's scouts see in him.
Fair enough AJ but he's lost his mojo for me. I have come to the conclusion that JH has got some sort confidence issue and that is holding him back in his football career. Great players have consistency and belief to do it every game but the rest of us have good and bad days. I have said it before we have all played with the type of player who can dance with the ball on the spot and be great one day but is shite for the rest of the season and unfortunately i think Harrison falls into that category. Citeh didn't get rid of him for no reason if he was a world beater.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:08 pm I thought he was OK against Newcastle. He had that one great run when he took the ball right down the middle into the box. He would do more of that if he had better quality around him. And that's what Newcastle's scouts see in him.
But newcastle don't have that many all round better players at the moment imo, they can't put all their attackers on at once either, harrison will shine for anyone for a few games, then revert to type, he's not that good to be consistent.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Forwards are rarely consistent.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Not for us they're not.
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

I would say Dan James and Tyler were very consistent
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Madron wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:25 pm I would say Dan James and Tyler were very consistent
Ain't that the truth
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:06 pm Forwards are rarely consistent.
Leeds do have one consistent forward ....Bamford . Consistently injured !
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Clacton White wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:07 am Leeds do have one consistent forward ....Bamford . Consistently injured !
Not as consistent as the complainers on here though, they have been sicknotes their whole careers :lol:
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Did very well when he came on for the goal.

Lovely play.

Deserves credit.

Been a long time since he has done anything of note or long remotely useful in this current system.

Well done Jack.
Signed

King Cjay