Kalvin Phillips

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
velo
Manager
Manager

Re: Kalvin Phillips

Post by velo »

It seamed to take 30 mins for KP to get going today
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Think with KP especially the lack of rest first cos of the covid situation and then with internationals has been the biggest factor as he hasn't had a break in the last 2 summers. To go from a bit part player to playing nearly every match and then international matches on top was the biggest factor. So yes Bielsa is to blame for making him into such a good player, without Bielsa he's plodding around in league 1 or league 2 so would have plenty of rest.
William
First Team
First Team

Post by William »

Dunno about everyone else but im bloddy well worn out too.
Marsch OUT

Football has undergone a process of bielsification; pressing and possessing, passing rather than dribbling, intercepting high up the field rather than making last-ditch tackles, are in vogue.

Marcelo Bielsa. The light that will never go out.
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

It was not a good day for Phillips against Arsenal. He looked tired and useless out there. Just floating around and not finding a way to impact the match. Covid and a lack of rest could be a major factor. We see that a lot with USA Internationals where the demands of a European season combined with transatlantic flights every window wears players down.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 3:54 pm It was not a good day for Phillips against Arsenal. He looked tired and useless out there. Just floating around and not finding a way to impact the match. Covid and a lack of rest could be a major factor. We see that a lot with USA Internationals where the demands of a European season combined with transatlantic flights every window wears players down.

Nope i'm afraid it's none of that Paul.

Bert's gone, yes it's that simple and was stated by yours truly as soon as he went.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Kennyb41 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 3:58 pm Nope i'm afraid it's none of that Paul.

Bert's gone, yes it's that simple and was stated by yours truly as soon as he went.
Or just maybe he is an overrated player that worked well in a specific system. Had a nice Euro. And then like most players that pull on an England shirt become insufferable egomaniacs.....So now the whole thing is beneath him. :)
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 4:11 pm Or just maybe he is an overrated player that worked well in a specific system. Had a nice Euro. And then like most players that pull on an England shirt become insufferable egomaniacs.....So now the whole thing is beneath him. :)
There is that yes.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 4:11 pm Or just maybe he is an overrated player that worked well in a specific system. Had a nice Euro. And then like most players that pull on an England shirt become insufferable egomaniacs.....So now the whole thing is beneath him. :)
My god, I hope that isn't the case with my Kalvin :(
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

1964white wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:48 pm My god, I hope that isn't the case with my Kalvin :(
Pure speculation on my part. A bit tongue in cheek to be sure. And yet KP was absolute shite yesterday. Looked like he couldn't be bothered....
Football/Futbol/Soccer
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:48 pm My god, I hope that isn't the case with my Kalvin :(
Sadly I think it is. He's turned into a real playboy now. England duty has turned his head. :(
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Football is such a cynical game now. The gulf between players and fans is so vast and reality, at least for them is fake. There is no reality on 100k a week.
Same as golf my other favourite sport. The players greed is a disgrace and there are few decent ones left. Rory McIlroy is the nicest most down to earth bloke. Loaded yes but he hasn't forgotten where he's come from. Who's his footy equivalent? Not KP then by the looks
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Jaydog wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 6:36 pm Football is such a cynical game now. The gulf between players and fans is so vast and reality, at least for them is fake. There is no reality on 100k a week.
Same as golf my other favourite sport. The players greed is a disgrace and there are few decent ones left. Rory McIlroy is the nicest most down to earth bloke. Loaded yes but he hasn't forgotten where he's come from. Who's his footy equivalent? Not KP then by the looks
As an aside....this is one of the things we American Football/Futbol/Soccer fans love about MLS. The players are still humble and accessible to us. 8-)
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

His value is dropping by the game.

Is he unfit?
Is he tired?
Is he just not as good as we thought?

A change of system shouldn't make that much difference.

One trick pony?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
William
First Team
First Team

Post by William »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 7:25 pm His value is dropping by the game.

Is he unfit?
Is he tired?
Is he just not as good as we thought?

A change of system shouldn't make that much difference.

One trick pony?
Been out for how long?
Imo he needs a pre season.

Form is temporary etc.
Marsch OUT

Football has undergone a process of bielsification; pressing and possessing, passing rather than dribbling, intercepting high up the field rather than making last-ditch tackles, are in vogue.

Marcelo Bielsa. The light that will never go out.
Johnboy1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnboy1965 »

Bit of a moot point anyway as he won't be here next season anyway regardless.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Every day on the BBC footy site it’s Villa saying that Kalvin is top of their shopping list. Better keep an eye on them when they’re in Oz. No chance though as would only be for money as Villa are a crab side. Only ever sideways.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Reports growing that Kalvin Phillips is the choosen replacement for Fernandinho at Manchester City.

£80mil and Yangel Herrera.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

QUESTION: Last summer during the European Championship Phillips paired with Declan Rice. I recall watching some good performances but my memory is not good enough to remember the details. Someone break down for me how those two played together.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kalvin in the England squad

Screenshot 2022-05-24 15.20.50.png
Screenshot 2022-05-24 15.20.50.png (163.39 KiB) Viewed 490 times
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Re: Kalvin Phillips for England.

Post by lufc1304 »

Not entirely sure he's earned that, but maybe Southgate sees him as perhaps being fresher than others, given he's been out for a quite a bit.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson