Kalvin Phillips.- £42mil Man City deal close

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Leeds1000
First Team
First Team

Re: Kalvin Phillips

Post by Leeds1000 »

Super... super Kalv, super Kalvin Phillips. Its been said a million times around the world where would we be without him?? Championship for sure. Why would he leave Leeds for Villa or WH as long as we pay him the going rate, he wants to win things right? Citeh don't need him, he won't sell out like Smith so its Liverpool or Arsenal.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:47 pm Super... super Kalv, super Kalvin Phillips. Its been said a million times around the world where would we be without him?? Championship for sure. Why would he leave Leeds for Villa or WH as long as we pay him the going rate, he wants to win things right? Citeh don't need him, he won't sell out like Smith so its Liverpool or Arsenal.
I don't think Smith sold out. Only scum came in for him and Ridsdale had to sell. Smith waived his transfer fee to try and help Leeds financial situation yet he's hated by many.....

Who says Kalvin Kalvin Phillips is going anywhere? It's all fans supposition and lazy journalism at the moment. He may go, he may not. You could say that for every player....
Leeds1000
First Team
First Team

Post by Leeds1000 »

Fair enough Swan... £7m was a fair price in highdsight for his sins. If mu offered 50m for kalvin i think he would rather visit the dentist. Diffrent teams with differing prospects. Long live the king!
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:55 pm Fair enough Swan... £7m was a fair price in highdsight for his sins. If mu offered 50m for kalvin i think he would rather visit the dentist. Diffrent teams with differing prospects. Long live the king!
:lol: I think you're probably right about Kalvin.

I just hope Kalvin stays and we can build a team around him :)
lufcconnor
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by lufcconnor »

I don't see why he'd leave unless it was to a club who are competing for titles on the regular. No reason for him to take a sideways step and join anyone who is around us.
LEEDS LEEDS LEEDS!
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:01 pm I don't think Smith sold out. Only scum came in for him and Ridsdale had to sell. Smith waived his transfer fee to try and help Leeds financial situation yet he's hated by many.....

Who says Kalvin Kalvin Phillips is going anywhere? It's all fans supposition and lazy journalism at the moment. He may go, he may not. You could say that for every player....
I always think, for all we say about ManU, they paid up for Ferdinand and Smith. They did buy out the last Ferdinand instalment but that was still straight business.

Liverpool and Kewell completely and totally screwed over Leeds in his transfer. What they did was disgusting.
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:01 pm I don't think Smith sold out. Only scum came in for him and Ridsdale had to sell. Smith waived his transfer fee to try and help Leeds financial situation yet he's hated by many.....

Alan Smith did nothing wrong, doesn't deserve the derision he gets from Leeds fans.
1 - Revie
2 - Bielsa
3 - Wilkinson

THE LEEDS LEGENDS ... never to be forgotten

THE LAST REAMINING ORTA/RADS FAN
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:29 pm Alan Smith did nothing wrong, doesn't deserve the derision he gets from Leeds fans.
I have no problems about Smith going to MU, a good career move for him. My problem with Smith was his lack of goals, as a striker (note how he flopped as a striker at MU despite being in a team creating lots of chances and how he was then turned into a poor man's Roy Keane midfielder) and also his needless sendings off. I think he went from initially helping gee up his team mates by crunching into tackles to later in his Leeds career being a reason for heads going down as his team mates would be thinking why are you being a d*ck again and it was likely simply motivating the opposition when he was snapping into silly tackles.
Marsching on Together

Jesse Marsch is taking us down under!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

I think all the Villa for Phillips talk is is just KP's agent trying to pressure Leeds into offering KP the deal he wants.

For all the talk about the club wanting to sign KP up to a new deal his agent said not that long ago it had failed to materialise and he made sure to say KP had never asked to leave and never would (just in case the club considered selling him and spinning it in the way that KP asked to go).

I don't trust Radz and the venture capitalists, I think they would snap the hand of for large money for any of our players and I don't believe they have genuine European ambition, they haven't got the money but it makes a nice soundbite (top 6 next season remember).

But Villa have previous for being a pawn In an agents game and fortunately for agents Villa are deluded enough to believe them.

Villa generally believed Smith-Rowe would leave Arsenal for them and chased him all summer, what happened? he got a better deal at Arsenal. Nobody aside from Villa believed he would step down to them but his agent whispered sweet nothings into the ears of the Villa powers that be whilst leaking it to the press.

Same thing happened with James Ward-Prowse, Villa deluded enough to think the Southampton Captain would leave his boyhood club to step sideways to Villa. Chased him all summer and JWP signed a new better deal.

The difference may be though that I have no doubt Radz would accept a £60mil offer. He would probably accept less than that. Arsenal and Southampton were unlikely to sell, Radz has already said publicly he would.
Last edited by Cjay on Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

weasel wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:22 pm I have no problems about Smith going to MU, a good career move for him. My problem with Smith was his lack of goals, as a striker (note how he flopped as a striker at MU despite being in a team creating lots of chances and how he was then turned into a poor man's Roy Keane midfielder) and also his needless sendings off. I think he went from initially helping gee up his team mates by crunching into tackles to later in his Leeds career being a reason for heads going down as his team mates would be thinking why are you being a d*ck again and it was likely simply motivating the opposition when he was snapping into silly tackles.
I think it was the worst place he could have gone, a mid table team with a lot less pressure and he'd have been fine.... He was a natural 10 imo. I'll never forget his first
1 - Revie
2 - Bielsa
3 - Wilkinson

THE LEEDS LEGENDS ... never to be forgotten

THE LAST REAMINING ORTA/RADS FAN
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

faaip wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:29 pm Alan Smith did nothing wrong, doesn't deserve the derision he gets from Leeds fans.
He’s never had any derision from me (or anybody I know tbh) although I think he probably does get a few brickbats from some idiot fans, just because he played for that lot, who don’t know the full story behind his forced move. I loved Smith when he played for us - always gave his all and wore his heart on his sleeve.
I do think he was picked on by referees throughout his career and especially at that time (though not when he played for scum, obviously).

Statistically he was 3 times more likely to be sent off when playing for Leeds than when playing for Scum and nearly 11/2 times more likely to get booked. Hmmm I wonder why that would be?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Probably nonsense but if he went to them it would be much worse than Smith.

They were a successful powerhouse back when Smith went.

Now they have as much chance of winning titles as we do.
Signed

King Cjay

Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

I'd rather he goes to the highest bidder in the old fashioned way than the way Raphinha and his agent are playing it out for a club that can't pay anything like Raphinha's worth.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Sigh! More lazy journalism to try and stir things. I would be very surprised if Kalvin opted for Scum (I'm still hopeful that he's going nowhere)....after the vitriol and hatred aimed at Smith who had no choice but to go. Smith has to attend Leeds games incognito....I doubt Kalvin would want all that aimed at him.
Leeds1000
First Team
First Team

Post by Leeds1000 »

The fact its only down the road will always be a draw paying what they can pay (I'm sure that's what sealed the deal really for Smithy, being close to his mum) but i am convinced he won't leave unless he is guranteed CL football. Stay away from the poisend chalice no matter how much the red devil is willing to pay.
Kennyb41
First Team
First Team

Post by Kennyb41 »

Please if you're reading this KP don't go to scum, i'm in my element atm loving every single minute of their demise under those Glazier knobheads, you going would be the start of any sort of revival, surely you don't want to play any part in that, go to Citeh or Lpool if you have to go anywhere then we can enjoy you there, you'll fit right in and think of the weekly dough, ya mam will be dead proud.

DON'T FCKING HELP REBUILD THOSE SCUM B@STARDS !!!
A self-confessed lover of Bigots, Walts, Otters and Dandelions.
Must dash.
8-)
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

My honest belief is that assuming PL survival, Kalvin will sign a long extension in the summer as long as we pay him the going rate.

I hope he becomes that increasingly rare commodity, a one-club career footballer, because that would see Leeds in the PL for the foreseeable future also.
mentalcase
First Team
First Team

Post by mentalcase »

Carrick Dave wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:16 pm My honest belief is that assuming PL survival, Kalvin will sign a long extension in the summer as long as we pay him the going rate.

I hope he becomes that increasingly rare commodity, a one-club career footballer, because that would see Leeds in the PL for the foreseeable future also.
To some extent I agree with that assessment Dave, only, I have to add, I think KP will want to win something, a one club player is very unique indeed, but to win no trophies is another level altogether, Gerrard never won the league, but he won every other domestic trophy going, KP won't achieve that with us.
Keep Fighting
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

mentalcase wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:48 pm To some extent I agree with that assessment Dave, only, I have to add, I think KP will want to win something, a one club player is very unique indeed, but to win no trophies is another level altogether, Gerrard never won the league, but he won every other domestic trophy going, KP won't achieve that with us.
Agreed Mental, highly unlikely scenario these days, money talks in the end.