Recommended TV Drama

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
hector

Re: Recommended TV Drama

Post by hector »

I have that downloaded and ready to watch...

Currently re=watching Endeavour from the beginning
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Watched the Dalgleish thingy last night. Never watched the Marsden originals, so no pre-conceptions from me. First part was Ok, but the second part was rushed, and left more things unanswered than were answered. Found the Carvel character robotic and without emotion. Maybe, that's how the books portrayed him. :duno:. The wife was well peeved at the end. Asking me who did what, when I wasn't too sure myself.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Gandalf wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:52 am Watched the Dalgleish thingy last night. Never watched the Marsden originals, so no pre-conceptions from me. First part was Ok, but the second part was rushed, and left more things unanswered than were answered. Found the Carvel character robotic and without emotion. Maybe, that's how the books portrayed him. :duno:. The wife was well peeved at the end. Asking me who did what, when I wasn't too sure myself.
If you can see the Marden originals then try, there was one on Drama I think recently. The books portray Dalgleish as a slow thoughtful character who empathized with everyone, often understood their motives and was often pained to to bring them to justice despite justice being his overriding motivation. He was a published poet and that comes out in the character both in the books and in Marsden's depiction... I did about 15 minutes of episode one and didn't get any of that..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

hector wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:10 am I have that downloaded and ready to watch...

Currently re=watching Endeavour from the beginning
Also watching Endeavour, but for the first time. Currently on series 2.

Finished Broadchurch. Thought the formula was showing a bit by series 3, but still good.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Goliath on Netflix. Billy Bob Thornton as a washed up, former high flying lawyer offered a shot a redemption by taking on his former firm who are representing a big defence contractor. Dark, but also very funny in parts and BBT is excellent. Think there are around 5 series, I'm halfway through the second one. Worth checking out
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

White Riot wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:33 pm Just finished Midnight Mass which I enjoyed, but not for those of a nervous disposition :shock:
Just started watching that!
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

SG90 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:32 pm Just started watching that!
Pretty scary :shock:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

White Riot wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:28 pm Pretty scary :shock:
It seems like a slow burner. Looking for some decent horror, since AHS has gone down hill.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

SG90 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:50 pm It seems like a slow burner. Looking for some decent horror, since AHS has gone down hill.
It's not bad tbh
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

So I'm a late discover of the pleasures of Dr Who. Unfortunately many of the original series shows are not available.

But have just watched one of my favourite episodes of the relaunched series. The unicorn and the wasp which included Agatha Christie as a character. Loved the regular references to her books as part of lines in the story :).

Other shows that I've recently watched, which I'm sure you've all seen, but I thought were great are - Annika, Des, The Five, From Darkness, Manhunt, Mare of Easttown, Traces and We Hunt Together.

Others that I have lined up to watch are - The Game, Hinterland, London Spy and The Silence.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

billysboots wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:03 pm I’ve been watching ‘Show Trial’, I’m on the last episode and it’s very good.
We have just binged this over the last two nights. It is good, although I did have some doubts about some of the police procedure and the role of the Crown Prosecutor. However, it is worth watching for the acting of the young lead, Celine Buckens, who should be up for an award, she was that good. Her lawyer, Tracy Ifeachor, is also very good.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
Lorimer46
First Team
First Team
Twitter: @dsc67

Post by Lorimer46 »

HarryofOz wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:51 am So I'm a late discover of the pleasures of Dr Who. Unfortunately many of the original series shows are not available.

But have just watched one of my favourite episodes of the relaunched series. The unicorn and the wasp which included Agatha Christie as a character. Loved the regular references to her books as part of lines in the story :).

Other shows that I've recently watched, which I'm sure you've all seen, but I thought were great are - Annika, Des, The Five, From Darkness, Manhunt, Mare of Easttown, Traces and We Hunt Together.

Others that I have lined up to watch are - The Game, Hinterland, London Spy and The Silence.
Mare of Easttown was excellent
" The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley "
hector

Post by hector »

HarryofOz wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:51 am So I'm a late discover of the pleasures of Dr Who. Unfortunately many of the original series shows are not available.

try this link H
it gives you all of the series from Christopher Ecclestone

https://www.primewire.ag/tv/3397-watch-doctor-who

It may not work in Oz, but should
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

Lorimer46 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:03 pm Mare of Easttown was excellent
👍🏻
Just binge watched it last week while self isolating.

Not a drama but has any seen The Cockfields on UKGold?
I really enjoyed it, it’s subtle comedy but true to life, for me anyway.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

hector wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:11 pm try this link H
it gives you all of the series from Christopher Ecclestone

https://www.primewire.ag/tv/3397-watch-doctor-who

It may not work in Oz, but should
Thanks Hector
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Don't f**k with cats

It's on that netflicks carry on
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Yeah that was good if you can get past the premise.. My partner couldn't watch it.. True story of course
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Click Bait has been superb,... Netflix
Still working through the sit com I've spat my tea out more than any other - Brockmire
hector

Post by hector »

lufc1304 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:29 pm Goliath on Netflix. Billy Bob Thornton as a washed up, former high flying lawyer offered a shot a redemption by taking on his former firm who are representing a big defence contractor. Dark, but also very funny in parts and BBT is excellent. Think there are around 5 series, I'm halfway through the second one. Worth checking out
Cheers for this one Nick.... just 3/4 through series 1

Excellent
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

I'm watching the first series of All American, which I'm quite enjoying.