Patrick Bamford

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Re: Patrick Bamford

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

If we don't move on from Bamford then this club is incapable of detaching from the past and moving on. 6 goals in 2 seasons from your main striker is a significant factor in why we nearly got relegated last season and got relegated this season.

The new manager just needs to tell him that he doesn't figure in his first team plans - that will help to move him on fast.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:24 am If we don't move on from Bamford then this club is incapable of detaching from the past and moving on. 6 goals in 2 seasons from your main striker is a significant factor in why we nearly got relegated last season and got relegated this season.

The new manager just needs to tell him that he doesn't figure in his first team plans - that will help to move him on fast.
Yeah, and tell him to take all his useless, spineless mates with him too.

But I'm just waiting for the bring back Klich and Alioski campaign to start :roll:
Victor_Notts-17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Victor_Notts-17 »

Wrong thread: ignore this! :P
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:24 am If we don't move on from Bamford then this club is incapable of detaching from the past and moving on. 6 goals in 2 seasons from your main striker is a significant factor in why we nearly got relegated last season and got relegated this season.

Yes exactly so. You can't rely on him to score or to be phyu fit to play . The chances he misses , well it's exasperating really . Fair enough first season in PL he scored a fair few, but take into consideration the Bielsa style of play , he had many chances , now how many would a top level striker score from the amount of chances Bamford had , you might look at closer to 30 maybe. Got to move on , both sides ,player and club .
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

White Riot wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:58 am Yeah, and tell him to take all his useless, spineless mates with him too.

But I'm just waiting for the bring back Klich and Alioski campaign to start :roll:
Yep it won't be long before that one starts up, nothing like a bit of selective nostalgia. The likes of Bamford and Forshaw need to be farmed out, they are just taking up a place.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Overman wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:49 am Yep it won't be long before that one starts up, nothing like a bit of selective nostalgia. The likes of Bamford and Forshaw need to be farmed out, they are just taking up a place.
All that crew should have gone years ago OM.

But they're still hanging around stinking out the joint 😕
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

I know this is a a Padfy thread but seeing Forshaw was mentioned.

If he leaves he needs replaced, that costs money we wont have
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:33 pm I know this is a a Padfy thread but seeing Forshaw was mentioned.

Good point, Forshaw's been a pivotal part of our relegation campaign. We would struggle to replace him.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:33 pm I know this is a a Padfy thread but seeing Forshaw was mentioned.

He's made less than 30 league appearances in 4 years.

We do this dance every summer.

We know he will break down.

It's absolutely guaranteed

This summer if nothing else should see players like Forshaw gone, replace him with Archie Gray if necessary.

He is bang average at best anyway.

Few OK appearances in a poor side don't change that.
Last edited by Cjay on Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
geronimo
First Team
First Team
Twitter: none

Post by geronimo »

if bamford had been a racehorse ,he would have been shot years ago ,
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

geronimo wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:22 pm if bamford had been a racehorse ,he would have been shot years ago ,
And if our fans had been on the other side in the last world war they would have been shot for defeatest talk :lol:
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:22 pm He's made less than 30 league appearances in 4 years.

We do this dance every summer.

We know he will break down.

It's absolutely guaranteed

This summer if nothing else should see players like Forshaw gone, replace him with Archie Gray if necessary.

He is bang average at best anyway.

Few OK appearances in a poor side don't change that.
I know his fitness had been an huge issue, but on the pitch he does a good job. Doing the simple stuff . Sadly some expect him to be Kevin de Bryne.
We let him go we can not depend on Gray ( who missed a whole season crocked repeatedly) So that means we have to buy in. Which was my point.
'
Phild
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Phild »

Shame about Forshaws injury problems.
Not premier league quality (but we only have 1 or 2 that are) but such a calm figure on the field who could still do a job for us.
The best of our diabolical midfield in my opinion.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:32 pm I know his fitness had been an huge issue, but on the pitch he does a good job. Doing the simple stuff . Sadly some expect him to be Kevin de Bryne.
We let him go we can not depend on Gray ( who missed a whole season crocked repeatedly) So that means we have to buy in. Which was my point.
He does keep the ball well, doesn't do much with it at all.

Problem is what is he?

He made his name as a holding midfielder but never really worked here as that.

We've played him more as an 8 box to box type, but those types are meant to create chances and score goals, he does neither.

His only skill is keeping the ball usually by passing sideways and back.

Put it this way, if Adam Forshaw is still an option next season then we havent had the reset the squad needs.

Maybe we can't afford it as you say, given we seem to have got stuck in another ownership saga it's very possible.

And he may be an OK emergency squad member I suppose.

But it's grim to still be considering Adam Forshaw as a viable option

He wouldn't get in the squad of any Premier league side and probably most of the Championship.

But here we are in guess
Signed

King Cjay

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:43 pm He does keep the ball well, doesn't do much with it at all.

Problem is what is he?

He made his name as a holding midfielder but never really worked here as that.

We've played him more as an 8 box to box type, but those types are meant to create chances and score goals, he does neither.

His only skill is keeping the ball usually by passing sideways and back.

Put it this way, if Adam Forshaw is still an option next season then we havent had the reset the squad needs.

Maybe we can't afford it as you say, given we seem to have got stuck in another ownership saga it's very possible.

And he may be an OK emergency squad member I suppose.

But it's grim to still be considering Adam Forshaw as a viable option

He wouldn't get in the squad of any Premier league side and probably most of the Championship.

But here we are in guess
I thought when he deputised for KP he did a decent job in that role.
I suppose we have no idea what the new manager wants in a player .Forshaw for me is a decent squad player.
Wether he would get into a PL side is moot seeing we are not playing there next time.

The thing about squad reset is that we dont know what that means?
Forest model which is a huge expensive joke.
But if we change too many we have to a copy we wont be storming back to the PL next season.
'
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:51 pm I thought when he deputised for KP he did a decent job in that role.
I suppose we have no idea what the new manager wants in a player .Forshaw for me is a decent squad player.
Wether he would get into a PL side is moot seeing we are not playing there next time.

The thing about squad reset is that we dont know what that means?
Forest model which is a huge expensive joke.
But if we change too many we have to a copy we wont be storming back to the PL next season.
Until we have a new DOF and manager we don't know what the new manager will want and what style we will go for

Until we have ownership clarity we don't know what sort of funds we have, under Radz it will be potless and needing to sell to buy presumably.

49ers would hopefully give us some funds.

I expect to see a significant number leave, Phil has already said we expect to lose double figures.

Our senior squad isn't that big to start with.

So Meslier, Aaronson, Adams etc people like that

Then a decision needs to be made on some of the old Championship players, many of whom have really struggled for fitness for some time now.

And being the wrong side of 30 will they be able to contribute enough? Are they good enough? They aren't the players they were 3, 4 years ago.

Dallas, Ayling, Forshaw, Cooper, Bamford.

Could we use our younger players as replacements for them? Hjelde, Drameh, Cresswell, Gray, Gelhardt? Keep the cost down that way?

Who knows.

I am conscious of not making to many changes but also conscious that standing still has also contributed to where we are now.

I do think changes though will be enforced on us though.

Phil has said as much.

And if nothing else good can come from this shambles it would be nice to start a new era with a largely clean slate
Signed

King Cjay

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:32 pm Until we have a new DOF and manager we don't know what the new manager will want and what style we will go for

Until we have ownership clarity we don't know what sort of funds we have, under Radz it will be potless and needing to sell to buy presumably.

49ers would hopefully give us some funds.

I expect to see a significant number leave, Phil has already said we expect to lose double figures.

Our senior squad isn't that big to start with.

So Meslier, Aaronson, Adams etc people like that

Then a decision needs to be made on some of the old Championship players, many of whom have really struggled for fitness for some time now.

And being the wrong side of 30 will they be able to contribute enough? Are they good enough? They aren't the players they were 3, 4 years ago.

Dallas, Ayling, Forshaw, Cooper, Bamford.

Could we use our younger players as replacements for them? Hjelde, Drameh, Cresswell, Gray, Gelhardt? Keep the cost down that way?

Who knows.

I am conscious of not making to many changes but also conscious that standing still has also contributed to where we are now.

I do think changes though will be enforced on us though.

Phil has said as much.

And if nothing else good can come from this shambles it would be nice to start a new era with a largely clean slate
Yea I agree.

I said control + alt + delete a few weeks ago.

And while I know the fans are clamouring for it due to the current frustration with the club it could also mean a return to stagnation.

Its going to be a long hot summer.
'
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:20 am Wrong thread: ignore this! :P
Sensible advice for all your posts regardless of which thread they are in :)
Victor_Notts-17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Victor_Notts-17 »

At least you read mine! I skip straight past yours :fire:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:21 pm At least you read mine! I skip straight past yours :fire:
I read yours. It is important to keep abreast of what the plebs are thinking in case they take over the world, they are well on their way. :shock: :P ;-)