Today's Games

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
velo
Manager
Manager

Re: Today's Games

Post by velo »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:42 pm I’d give em both a one way ticket to Nottingham Forest
They'd both get lost
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:43 pm What a choice Swannie, both dreadful defenders. That's like asking "Would you like to be stabbed, or shot?'
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

velo wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:43 pm They'd both get lost
I hope Tyro stays lost :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

At least Llorente only cost us a fifth of the fee scum paid Leicester for that donkey.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Good to see Kane-Pen score again,
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

faaip wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:47 pm Good to see Kane-Pen score again,
He hit it so hard he nearly broke his zimmer frame
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:32 pm Was that from the other night?

I just saw it on a clickbait site which was "insisting" that Leeds must start the wee man in our next game. :lol: :lol:
Yes it was played in the early hours of Sunday morning, Ian.

And yes Sinisterra should start, he knows where the net is, Luis rarely misses the target from what I've seen of him this season.
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

White Riot wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:46 pm I hope Tyro stays lost :)
Please mate never mention his name on here again !
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:47 pm At least Llorente only cost us a fifth of the fee scum paid Leicester for that donkey.
Exactly.....
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

I didnt realise that 16 of Harry Kane's England goals were pens which is the most by a distance.

2 against San Marino
1 against Andorra
2 vs Panama.

Next on the list is

Lampard 2nd with 9.
Rooney with 7
Ron Flowers with 6
Shearer with 6.
Beckham with 5
Lineker with 4.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Cjay wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:20 pm Have a look at the teams Southgate has beaten in competitive fixtures and a clearer picture begins to appear.

He is a complete fraud handed some of the easiest major tournament fixtures in history
Given us many occasions to celebrate, The WC and Euro runs were fantastic entertainment. Best period I've ever known as an England fan. Having lived through the abysmal periods of Hodgson, Capello, Eriksen, Keegan, I'm completely happy about what Southgate has given us over the past few years.

Venables gave us one good summer. Hoddle had promise but was short lived. Taylor was a complete joke. Loved Italia 90 under Robson. But remember he was completely under fire and just managed a couple of good results in his last couple of games.

Knock Southgate all you want. But he's given us our best period of success in over 50 years. And, since I'm living overseas, it's the first time in a long time I'm not completely embarrassed to be an England fan.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:23 pm I didnt realise that 16 of Harry Kane's England goals were pens which is the most by a distance.

2 against San Marino
1 against Andorra
2 vs Panama.

Next on the list is

Lampard 2nd with 9.
Rooney with 7
Ron Flowers with 6
Shearer with 6.
Beckham with 5
Lineker with 4.
There's a name many maybe unfamiliar with, only us golden oldies will remember Ron I suspect.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:12 am There's a name many maybe unfamiliar with, only us golden oldies will remember Ron I suspect.
And his brother
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:13 am Given us many occasions to celebrate, The WC and Euro runs were fantastic entertainment. Best period I've ever known as an England fan. Having lived through the abysmal periods of Hodgson, Capello, Eriksen, Keegan, I'm completely happy about what Southgate has given us over the past few years.

Venables gave us one good summer. Hoddle had promise but was short lived. Taylor was a complete joke. Loved Italia 90 under Robson. But remember he was completely under fire and just managed a couple of good results in his last couple of games.

Knock Southgate all you want. But he's given us our best period of success in over 50 years. And, since I'm living overseas, it's the first time in a long time I'm not completely embarrassed to be an England fan.
You're easily pleased Andrew that's all i can say to that.

Message to GS, and the only piece of advice you need to hear to WIN the WC :

" GO ON THE ATTACK YOU USELESS NUMPTY, TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT THE CRICKETERS HAVE STARTED DOING YOU BORING FART, FORTUNE DOES ACTUALLY FAVOUR THE BRAVE, YOU GORMLESS GIT! OH ! AND YOU DON'T FOOL ME WITH YOUR AFTER MATCH GARBLED GET OUT CLAUSE SPEECHES THAT FOOL THE GULLIBLE BASTARDS AT THE FA BUT NOT ME, I HAVE A 24 HOUR RESIDENT CLOWN AT LEEDS JUST LIKE YOU THAT I'M ALSO TRYING TO GET SENT ON THE NEXT TRAIN TO TIM BUCK FCKING 2"

Annndddddd Relaxxxxxx.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Kennyb41 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:11 am You're easily pleased Andrew that's all i can say to that.

Message to GS, and the only piece of advice you need to hear to WIN the WC :

" GO ON THE ATTACK YOU USELESS c**t, TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT THE CRICKETERS HAVE STARTED DOING YOU BORING FART, FORTUNE DOES ACTUALLY FAVOUR THE BRAVE, YOU GORMLESS GIT! OH ! AND YOU DON'T FOOL ME WITH YOUR AFTER MATCH GARBLED GET OUT CLAUSE SPEECHES THAT FOOL THE GULLIBLE BASTARDS AT THE FA BUT NOT ME, I HAVE A 24 HOUR RESIDENT CLOWN AT LEEDS JUST LIKE YOU THAT I'M ALSO TRYING TO GET SENT ON THE NEXT TRAIN TO TIM BUCK FCKING 2"

Annndddddd Relaxxxxxx.
:lol: Classic Kenny :clap:
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Last game b4 the WC and Tomori who's been on fire recently doesn't play yet a donkey does, and again GS talks garbled nonsense about how it will do the lads good to have had this shite run of games.

Work that out.

Only England could do this, no way would Germany Spain etc have a manager in charge that has done absolutely nothing at club level.

He's full of the gab and another that talks a good job.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Better from England last night. Even in the 1st half, whilst Germany had the lions share of the ball, the best chances still fell to England on the break.

2nd half was an excellent half of football - 6 goals some excellent ones amongst them, Havertz’s and Mount's the pick, England coming back from 2 goals down to lead but individual errors from Maguire and Pope letting Germany off the hook.

If there are matches like that in the World Cup then at least it should be entertaining, still don’t see England making much of a splash though and getting out of the group stages would be an achievement.

Just a further observation - does anyone else agree that Sterling, these days, is half the player he used to be? He seems to have lost a few yards of pace, very often loses the ball cheaply and is nowhere near as dynamic as he was.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

How Maguire makes the team after that I’ll never know. And I didn’t know anyway. GS blindly goes where no one else does.
Yes Sterling is as slow as Kane but with 1/20 the ability.
Pope looks a bit shaky too
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Yep, there are better than Sterling, our PB could probably do a better job if Kane plays alongside.

We can't put any decent side to the sword atm and we should be able to.

;@)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:33 am Just a further observation - does anyone else agree that Sterling, these days, is half the player he used to be? He seems to have lost a few yards of pace, very often loses the ball cheaply and is nowhere near as dynamic as he was.
Your observation is correct :tup: Pep probably had similar reasons for moving Sterling out of Citeh.