Jean-Kévin Augustin-Appealing wage compensation

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Re: Jean-Kévin Augustin-LUFC ordered to pay Leipzig €21million as CAS sides with them.

Post by BradWhite »

Amazing how many footballers have made an absolute fortune at being crap. We have had our fair share of them.
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Re: Jean-Kévin Augustin-LUFC ordered to pay Leipzig €21million as CAS sides with them.

Post by BradWhite »

Rook wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:47 pm That, and Arsenal recalling Eddie Nketiah from his loan, due to a lack of appearances.
Getting Eddie back on loan again wouldn't be a bad idea IMO.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:12 pm Really?

I bet you wouldn't say that to his face

If he did he would be in his rights to sue your arse to kingdom come.
Where does he live?
My arse doesn’t have any money. It’s flat broke
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Jaydog wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:22 pm Where does he live?
My arse doesn’t have any money. It’s flat broke
Yeah talk is cheap. :lol:
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

BradWhite wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:15 pm Amazing how many footballers have made an absolute fortune at being crap. We have had our fair share of them.
Managers too.

Be crap
Get fired

Ching ching ching.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:06 pm One thing is for sure JKA was one of the great Frauds of football. Imagine all the money he’s stockpiled for being s**t or injured.
Well he does have a talent for eating pies which should not be overlooked :)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:24 pm Yeah talk is cheap. :lol:
It is if it comes out of my arse
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

White Riot wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:25 pm Well he does have a talent for eating pies which should not be overlooked :)
If he could have overlooked a pie he’d be thinner
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

I always wondered the total in Millions£ that Mourinho has had from clubs who sacked him. And is he the leader of that particular pack
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:28 pm If he could have overlooked a pie he’d be thinner
Precisely, but he couldn't, that's why Bielsa had him running laps at Thorp Arch. Rumour has it he still hasn't completed the first lap ;-)

We certainly got our fookin money's worth there didn't we :lol:

You couldn't make it up mate :)

Maybe this is karma for giving Spurs the gift of Jack Clarke :duno:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:29 pm I always wondered the total in Millions£ that Mourinho has had from clubs who sacked him. And is he the leader of that particular pack
Steve Brucieball has done well for himself, for producing garbage footy wherever he's been :$$:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Jaydog wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:29 pm I always wondered the total in Millions£ that Mourinho has had from clubs who sacked him. And is he the leader of that particular pack
Was estimated at £95mil in total.

Saw that somewhere.

Jose must be absolutely minted from payoffs and wages and sponsorship.

He is 60 in January, don't see why he doesn't retire.

And tbf to Jose though he may have faded somewhat but very successful in his time and currently has Roma 4th in Serie A.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

White Riot wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:35 pm Steve Brucieball has done well for himself, for producing garbage footy wherever he's been :$$:
Not in Jose's league though.

Bruce apparently got £8mil at Newcastle though.

Not bad for failing.
Signed

King Cjay

White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Cjay wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:41 pm Not in Jose's league though.

Bruce apparently got £8mil at Newcastle though.

Not bad for failing.
And people are always happy when he leaves 🤣
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Still maintain Orta should be sacked.

At a normal club he would be, would be called "restructuring".

JKA-18mil (obligation to buy).
Dan James- £25mil
Rodrigo-£30mil
Junior Firpo-£12mil.
Helder Costa-£21mil (obligation to buy)
Diego Llorente- £18mil

Maajor part of his job is to find good value and players we can reasonably look to sell on (sickening but is what it is)

Just over £120mil in transfer fees on those players.

You wouldn't get half that back now, if your lucky maybe £40mil in total?

I don't get why he is seemingly Teflon

It's weird.
Signed

King Cjay

Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Cjay wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:38 pm And tbf to Jose though he may have faded somewhat but very successful in his time and currently has Roma 4th in Serie A.
Jose and Roma is pure entertainment, I was a bit meh about Italian football in recent years but it's completely revived my interest. It was a bit like Bielsa and Leeds - without the beautiful football - it could have been a trainwreck but turned into a compelling story.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Cjay wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:52 pm Still maintain Orta should be sacked.

At a normal club he would be, would be called "restructuring".

JKA-18mil (obligation to buy).
Dan James- £25mil
Rodrigo-£30mil
Junior Firpo-£12mil.
Helder Costa-£21mil (obligation to buy)
Diego Llorente- £18mil

Maajor part of his job is to find good value and players we can reasonably look to sell on (sickening but is what it is)

Just over £120mil in transfer fees on those players.

You wouldn't get half that back now, if your lucky maybe £40mil in total?

I don't get why he is seemingly Teflon

It's weird.
Yeah, there's more than a fair case for booting him.

You can also factor in the wages of those guys and what they've contributed to us.

The big issue for me is that at a time when we should have been continually refreshing our squad to get it up to a competitive standard at this level, the ability to facilitate that has been severely hampered by these failed transfers.

Would you trust Orta with another £120 mil ?
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

White Riot wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:00 pm Yeah, there's more than a fair case for booting him.

You can also factor in the wages of those guys and what they've contributed to us.

The big issue for me is that at a time when we should have been continually refreshing our squad to get it up to a competitive standard at this level, the ability to facilitate that has been severely hampered by these failed transfers.

Would you trust Orta with another £120 mil ?
In a word NOPE - and have been saying that for a two or three seasons now.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Tyzy wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:03 pm Maybe we should ask for him back.
I'm not sure how you can transfer for free before this dispute was settled,Surely if we pay he's our player.

I thought he had some serious medical condition preventing him play ?
I really don't understand that part. How can we be expected to pay for a player and not own rights to that player?
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:07 pm In a word NOPE - and have been saying that for a two or three seasons now.
Yeah, and yet he has managed some good transfers for us:

Koch
Meslier
Struijk
Kristensen
Roca
Adams
Aaronson
Sinisterra
Raphinha

Decent list that, but how many of them are down to Bielsa and Jesse? And if that's the case why didn't MB veto all the duds we've signed?