Victor Orta as DOF

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Has Victor Orta been a success?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:04 pm

Yes
40%
No
40%
Unsure
20%

Total votes: 10

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Victor Orta as DOF

Post by faaip » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:55 am

CHAPELALLMAN wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:46 am
Thanks very much 1964white !
Welcome, Chapel Allerton is it?

Long shot but this is not Poppa Smurf from waccoe is it? I know he's moved to Chapel A last year or so
I don't like staying at home
When the moon is bleeding red
Woke up stoned in the backseat from a dream where my teeth fell out of my head
Cut it up, cut it up, yeah
Everybody's on something here. My God send chemical best friend. Skeleton whispering in my ear

Byebyegeegee
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Byebyegeegee » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:49 pm

As far as I can see of the signings made by Victor Orta the only out and out success has been Matheus Clich, although you could say Pontus was too but he’s not here anymore and we sold him far too cheaply imo as well. Alioski is ok at this level too but I don’t think he is a Premiership standard player.
The jury is out for me on Jackie Harrison, who i think is good footballer, his 1st touch is brilliant but his crossing and final balls are often poor and frustrating. Tyler Roberts too has a lot of potential not quite realised just yet.
All the others have not been much cop (with exception of Ben White of course but he will be going back to Brighton anyway) and must have cost the club a small/large fortune so I absolutely agree chapelallman, it is pretty damning.

CHAPELALLMAN
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by CHAPELALLMAN » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:24 pm

Thanks Faaip - you are right about Chapel Allerton, but not the Poppa Smurf bit.

Byebyegeegee ; there have been one or two half decent signings, but the jury is still out as regards some of the partial successes such as Jack Harrison. I do rate Tyler Roberts - I hope he comes good. Klich must be considered to be Orta's best signing to date. Ben White has been a massive success of course, but if we lose him we are back to square one. At least we owned Jansson.

As you say, the good work done through signing Jansson was undone by selling him so cheaply, and if Brentford go up automatically at our expense it will retrospectively look like a particularly dumb deal.

I forgot to mention Barry Douglas, who must be considered to be a complete waste of 3m.

I think the really damning thing with Orta though are the deals that he missed. If we had Haaland, Buendia and James in the squad then I think we could be tearing up the premiership by now. Those three alone would be worth most of the estimated value of the club by now , so instead of constantly losing millions on poor and useless loan deals, the club would own massively appreciating assets. Football clubs are businesses after all.

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:00 pm

CHAPELALLMAN wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:24 pm
Thanks Faaip - you are right about Chapel Allerton, but not the Poppa Smurf bit.

Byebyegeegee ; there have been one or two half decent signings, but the jury is still out as regards some of the partial successes such as Jack Harrison. I do rate Tyler Roberts - I hope he comes good. Klich must be considered to be Orta's best signing to date. Ben White has been a massive success of course, but if we lose him we are back to square one. At least we owned Jansson.

As you say, the good work done through signing Jansson was undone by selling him so cheaply, and if Brentford go up automatically at our expense it will retrospectively look like a particularly dumb deal.

I forgot to mention Barry Douglas, who must be considered to be a complete waste of 3m.

I think the really damning thing with Orta though are the deals that he missed. If we had Haaland, Buendia and James in the squad then I think we could be tearing up the premiership by now. Those three alone would be worth most of the estimated value of the club by now , so instead of constantly losing millions on poor and useless loan deals, the club would own massively appreciating assets. Football clubs are businesses after all.
No worries, as I say long shot. Smurf is the General Manager of the Chapel A Cheetahs Waccoe dynasty league fantasy football team over there. Now I know nothing about the suburbs of Leeds but I have heard of Chapel Allerton. Plus we have a Morley, Rawden, Seacroft, Cookridge, Athersley, Kippax and Tingley which I assume are all in that area around Leeds
Everybody's on something here. My God send chemical best friend. Skeleton whispering in my ear

dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:25 pm

Orta will have been a huge success once we go up, Radz kinnear and Orta had a massive task turning this club around and we’re now inches away from success can’t see anyone still has bad words to say about them
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:36 pm

faaip wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:00 pm
No worries, as I say long shot. Smurf is the General Manager of the Chapel A Cheetahs Waccoe dynasty league fantasy football team over there. Now I know nothing about the suburbs of Leeds but I have heard of Chapel Allerton. Plus we have a Morley, Rawden, Seacroft, Cookridge, Athersley, Kippax and Tingley which I assume are all in that area around Leeds
Yes they are although I don't think Athersley is a suburb of Leeds.

My parents met at Chapel Allerton Hospital, both in nursing

SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:38 pm

A failure for me. Hopefully he goes to Leipzig!
What I want from an owner: 1. Ambition. 2. Wage bill control. 3. Cut spending on loan fees. 4. Better scouting. 5. Get bigger fees for our best players. 6.No ego.

Byebyegeegee
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Byebyegeegee » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:01 pm

Faaip, Athersley is near Barnsley I think.

Dezzy, I would agree that Radrizani, Orta and Kinnear are a good team and if we go up this time then they will have done a great job. As Director of Football with responsibility for recruitment I think Orta has been very hit and miss. If he was responsible for bringing in Bielsa then fair enough, that was a master stroke, but his player recruitment, for all the reasons explained above by Cjay and chapelallman, you must agree, has been poor and has led to a great deal of money being thrown away.

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:09 pm

How unfit or how much must MB not be impressed for him not to be able to get on a bench made up of kids and no striker?

Overman
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Overman » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:37 pm

Perhaps in his own mind, he has been a phenomenonal success.

Byebyegeegee
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Byebyegeegee » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:52 am

Big Kev, another of Orta’s massive waste of money panic buys!

CHAPELALLMAN
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by CHAPELALLMAN » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:43 am

Byebyegeegee wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:52 am
Big Kev, another of Orta’s massive waste of money panic buys!
I'm going to refer to VO as 'Victor Risdale ' from now on, as more and more he reminds me of Peter Risdale.

In any normal job being responsible for so many expensive disasters ( Wiedwald, Casilla, Brown, Augustin etc ) would result in a P45. Wiedwald must have been one of Orta's first signings, so we should have realised what we were letting ourselves in for at that point.....

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:47 am

Again, not one player would have come here in the last year or so without Marcelo's approval. Orta is just the facilitator and youth set up guy.

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:01 am

faaip wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:47 am
Again, not one player would have come here in the last year or so without Marcelo's approval. Orta is just the facilitator and youth set up guy.
How do you know that Bielsa approves Orta's signings Faaip?

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:18 am

1964white wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:01 am
How do you know that Bielsa approves Orta's signings Faaip?
How do you know he doesn't ? But it makes more sense that Bielsa picks the players he wants and then Orta does the deal, for any players expected to play first team football (in fact it was reported Bielsa preferred JKA as a prospect over Che at the time)

Rads wouldn't buy anyone that MB didn't want..Why commit to 18M for a player your manager hated?

Orta is, imo, responsible for finding young cheap talent like Bogusz, McKinstry (who Bielsa rates really highly) McCarron etc for the academy and youth squads ..While acting as negotiator for Rads and Bielsa

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:04 pm

MB says the type of player he wants its Orta who finds them.

To many player get signed who never play for Bielsa to be picking them. Imo he trusts Orta and doesnt veto him (thats MBs fault in that case).

But for everyone who complains about Bamford, Orta signed him to.

Bielsa wanted Harrison, Costa and Ryan Kent in the summer.

Many sources said that. The club, not Bielsa, felt that after Roofe left they needed another striker. That was the club and thus they started this by getting Eddie not Kent.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gazett ... 090744.amp

At the end of the day, if Orta had just signed Ryan Kent (the club wouldnt pay the transfer fee and Liverpool wouldnt loan, ironic we have wasted far more money now) then we wouldnt have wasted all that money and be looking at trying to get out of a deal by going to court which is embarrassing and will make us look untrustworthy to other clubs.

Advertisment