Marcelo Bielsa

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by John in Louisiana »

The Guardian is reporting that Bielsa has agreed to terms on a new one-year contract.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... b1vWwfPCTY

Fantastic news, if true. I only wish there was a zero after that one.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Last 11 games ... joint top with the Citeh...last 4 games of the season 4 wins...

Who will be the first muppet next year to say Leeds will burn out they cannot keep it up all year ... :lol:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:37 pm The Guardian is reporting that Bielsa has agreed to terms on a new one-year contract.

Pleased if he does but really wish he would stop with these 1 year deals.

It creates such uncertainty for the club, understand his reasoning but he must see that it isnt helpful to have this uncertainty at the end of every season.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

He's said in the past he couldn't wish to be anywhere better, and he'll stay until the job is done. I take him at his word.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

If it is a one year deal I can live with it...Bielsa has a unique style and refuses to compromise...1 year deals are part of his "style", maybe he is a little superstitious...?...All I know is as long as we get confirmation from him or the club this is true...roll on next year ...
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

I think it's just part of the wonderful Bielsa enigma and says so much about him.

We all know that, in football, long term managerial deals do not create certainty for the club at all. This time last year, Chris Wilder could probably have looked for a 10 year contract.

All it creates is certainty for the manager, and financial security. Bielsa could easily ask for a 5 year deal, if things go well he rakes in phenomenal money, if they go wrong he gets a huge pay off. But he doesn't see the game the way others do.

As with everything he does, it's so incredibly selfless. It's hard to think of another player or manager who was so determined to not cash in on success, but to keep earning it...
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Mountain wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:22 pm I think it's just part of the wonderful Bielsa enigma and says so much about him.

We all know that, in football, long term managerial deals do not create certainty for the club at all. This time last year, Chris Wilder could probably have looked for a 10 year contract.

All it creates is certainty for the manager, and financial security. Bielsa could easily ask for a 5 year deal, if things go well he rakes in phenomenal money, if they go wrong he gets a huge pay off. But he doesn't see the game the way others do.

As with everything he does, it's so incredibly selfless. It's hard to think of another player or manager who was so determined to not cash in on success, but to keep earning it...
:tup: ...Thats what I was trying to say mountain ...didnt put enough thought into it ...good post
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:37 pm The Guardian is reporting that Bielsa has agreed to terms on a new one-year contract.

Yeeeeessssssssssssssssss - the cherry on a delicious cake that has been this season
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Fully deserved .....
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

So this means that roughly 63% of the voters are morons.

Seriously.

Could there be any doubt?
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

John in Louisiana wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:05 pm So this means that roughly 63% of the voters are morons.

Seriously.

I know right...seems like every manager must have got a vote or two some how... :)
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

John in Louisiana wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:05 pm So this means that roughly 63% of the voters are morons.

Seriously.

Either that or Chelscum or Man Utd fans ..........oh , same thing isn't it 😁
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Seriously.

Mind you , w**k Wankhard should be considered , look how low he took Chelscum , must be worth some award . Maybe not low enough I guess .
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

In all likelihood the media people will vote for Pep because all they see are trophies (maybe they should read a few of Peps quotes first).

But we can do our part.

Vote for MB for Manager of the Season.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2160559
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Taking all bias out of it.

David Moyes fully deserves his nomination, despite bottling it a bit in the end 6th is still a very impressive season for West Ham.

Brendan Rodgers deserves his nomination although i wouldn't say he should win it. 5th is still an impressive season for Leicester but throwing away top 4 again ruins it somewhat imo.

Pep Guardiola- He won the league, he will get nominated just for that. Tbf City were in great form after a very difficult start, deserves credit for turning that around. But a team like City should never start how they did, if he wins the award then it fails to take into consideration the really poor form City had at first ?

Ole Gunnar Solskjær for me he is the most lucky to be nominated. This isnt LUFC bias i just dont see why the man with the 2nd most expensive squad should win an award for finishing 2nd? You dont get any trophies for that, it isnt an unexpected thing. I suppose credit for their away form but compared to the other nominees i think his case is the weakest?

Marcelo Bielsa, best goal difference and points total for a newly promoted side in decades despite an injury crisis that rarely got mentioned. Top of the points per £ spent table. Top of the Squad cost vs league position table.

Bias aside as a coach getting the most out of what he had Bielsa is the clear winner here surely?
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Incredible man.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

As I've stated before, Marcelo will leave a legacy behind at Leeds, so the next manager can continue on with his methods.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Cjay wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:29 am
Incredible man.
Absolute bloody legend ....
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Wonderful
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Kinnear told BBC Radio Leeds: "Marcelo decided not to return home to Argentina this summer. Some of his coaching staff have.

“He wanted to stay at Elland Road, he wanted to prepare, he wanted to work with Victor and I on the transfer window and oversee, to the training ground director's delight, the training ground work that took place. As normal with Marcelo, putting pen to paper he sees as an irrelevance. It's really emotionally and psychologically where he is. He's certainly with Leeds United for the next season.

“We agreed the terms several weeks ago, several months ago perhaps. The measure we use within the club is whether he is engaged, is he working on next season.

“He is, he's working and is incredibly diligent. I'm not sure there's any other manager in the Premier League who is taking no time off and is not leaving the training ground. That shows his commitment. I'm treating the contract as a formality.”
Signed

King Cjay