Diego Llorente- PSG potentially in negotiations

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Diego Llorente-Signs new contract

Post by White Riot »

Cjay wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:37 pm Gelu Rodriguez is Diego Llorente's agent.

He is also apparently long time friends of Victor Orta . . . .
What a shocker 😜

Me and my hombres :sick:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:03 am No doubt, Radz will be tweeting in response to the many fans who are flabbergasted by the Three Stooges decision.
Speaks volumes about what a fookin tosser Radz is. Chairman of LUFC and hasn't got the sense to keep his stupid phone in his pocket.

He'll be arguing with our fans on Twitter trying to justify his latest bollocks decision.

Message to Radz from me "f**k off mate and take your two bum chums with yer".

Kinnear will be busy writing his Jackanory condescending shite in the programme.

Orta will be polishing up his knuckledusters ready for a punch up in the stands.

Next up Man Citeh at home, what could go wrong :lol:
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

This decision beggars belief!

Of all the players who deserve a contract extension I would have put him somewhere near the bottom of the list, if not the very bottom.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:02 am Apparently is one of those words the conspiracy theorists use.

You should get out more :lol:
:)

Was apparently on a podcast the agent said they have been friends since childhood.

There is a podcast, I cba listening to it.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

White Riot wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:49 am Yes Cjay, it's reflective of where we're at and where we're going = back to the Championship. Which will be a disaster.

My question is, what has Llorente done to deserve a new contract?
He simply hasn't mate.

That's the issue.

It's rewarding mediocrity.

As I said, it's cheaper than replacing him.

They'd sell at a loss definitely and then have to find the money for a new cb.

Easier to keep Llorente
Signed

King Cjay

Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:19 am This decision beggars belief!

Of all the players who deserve a contract extension I would have put him somewhere near the bottom of the list, if not the very bottom.
Could he be the worst player since O'Kane ? Of course you would have to plumb the depths to get worse than that , but in recent times he is another you dread on the teamsheet .I always felt when OFK was playing you were instantly down to 10 menand Llorente now isn't far off that , but given OFK was playing at a lower level , I do think he just might be the worst Leeds player I have ever seen......and that includes Jacob Burns ,Okon and many more .
Don't know how he has earned a new contract though ( Llorente ).
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Clacton White wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:36 pm Could he be the worst player since O'Kane ? Of course you would have to plumb the depths to get worse than that , but in recent times he is another you dread on the teamsheet .I always felt when OFK was playing you were instantly down to 10 menand Llorente now isn't far off that , but given OFK was playing at a lower level , I do think he just might be the worst Leeds player I have ever seen......and that includes Jacob Burns ,Okon and many more .
Don't know how he has earned a new contract though ( Llorente ).
A cheaper option than replacing him, I'd imagine!
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:01 pm A cheaper option than replacing him, I'd imagine!
Expect more of the same very soon Leon :(
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Its a strange one for me. What is he now our 3rd choice CB and if we sign a LB 4th choice. So it looks like we have a settled defence for the next few years folks despite not being able to defend. He's a decent enough ball player just not strong enough for the PL imo. Its obviously nothing to do with the money or his ambition of playing in Europe. I'm putting it down to his love of a good Yorkshire pudding.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:59 pm Expect more of the same very soon Leon :(
Nothing that happens at Leeds surprises me any more.

As a kid, there were lots of nice surprises back in the 60s/70s, over long periods since, various owners have done their utmost to impact misery on their fan base.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

You can say that about a lot of previous owners/boards but this one has put us back in the big time and haven't really done anything wrong since ....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:05 pm You can say that about a lot of previous owners/boards but this one has put us back in the big time and haven't really done anything wrong since ....
Put us back in the big-time & in a similar way to how Adam Forshaw plays, we have gone sideways & backwards since our excellent 9th position in 2020/21 season. We have stagnated, 15th & two points above the relegation places is not progress. I think we may have enough to stay up, but is this our expectations from now on, looking over our shoulders hoping there are three teams worse than us?
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:51 pm Put us back in the big-time & in a similar way to how Adam Forshaw plays, we have gone sideways & backwards since our excellent 9th position in 2020/21 season. We have stagnated, 15th & two points above the relegation places is not progress. I think we may have enough to stay up, but is this our expectations from now on, looking over our shoulders hoping there are three teams worse than us?
So the current approach only leads to one thing, relegation. We got away with a miracle last season, but as I said before the news about Llorente, I could foresee this board rolling the dice again.

This just reinforced my point that this board has no intention of doing anything in January. It's just a shot across the bows and a clear indicator for me that we're getting relegated.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:07 pm So the current approach only leads to one thing, relegation. We got away with a miracle last season, but as I said before the news about Llorente, I could foresee this board rolling the dice again.

This just reinforced my point that this board has no intention of doing anything in January. It's just a shot across the bows and a clear indicator for me that we're getting relegated.
If we continue as we are, we'll fall through the trap door at some time.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:49 pm If we continue as we are, we'll fall through the trap door at some time.
Coming to an Elland Road near you soon mate.
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

faaip wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:05 pm You can say that about a lot of previous owners/boards but this one has put us back in the big time and haven't really done anything wrong since ....
Mediocrity equates to 'big time'?
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Overman wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 8:42 am Mediocrity equates to 'big time'?
No OM, mediocrity equates to the Championship :)

Extending Llorente's contract means we're not just tolerating mediocrity, we're actually rewarding it, which is mind-blowing :?

This action is the perfect illustration of the board's attitude and where it's gonna take us.

We got away with a Houdini trick last season, but I just can't see us being that lucky again.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

No one is going to pay us a big fee for him, so another dumb decision that will cost us a lot of money. Probably end up paying his (extortionate) wages until then.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Phil Hay gave an insight into why despite Llorente's very poor performances for a significant period of time now we still gave him a new contract.

Nothing to do with performance (silly notion).

It's because Victor thinks that cbs are going to increase in value and Llorente may be worth something eventually.

You couldn't make this up :lol:

We are literally just only interested in how much we can sell players for over anything else

Make it stop :(
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:24 am Phil Hay gave an insight into why despite Llorente's very poor performances for a significant period of time now we still gave him a new contract.

Nothing to do with performance (silly notion).

It's because Victor thinks that cbs are going to increase in value and Llorente may be worth something eventually.

You couldn't make this up :lol:

We are literally just only interested in how much we can sell players for over anything else

Make it stop :(
Sheer madness. A very young centreback getting more experience becomes worth more as he ages - such as a Ben White Gvardiol etc. An older player, with a history of missing a few games per season to injury, not playing games for a lowly premier league side - how will he increase in value?