Diego Llorente- PSG potentially in negotiations

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Diego Llorente-Signs new contract

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:00 pm Sheer madness. A very young centreback getting more experience becomes worth more as he ages - such as a Ben White Gvardiol etc. An older player, with a history of missing a few games per season to injury, not playing games for a lowly premier league side - how will he increase in value?
It's crackers and any hope he accepted a lesser deal given we clearly pushed the contract is gone.

Probably got a wage rise.

It's madness.

The only thing the club care about is making money, us doing well on the field is of secondary importance.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:28 pm It's crackers and any hope he accepted a lesser deal given we clearly pushed the contract is gone.

Probably got a wage rise.

It's madness.

The only thing the club care about is making money, us doing well on the field is of secondary importance.
No evidence of the latter, in fact the passion displayed by the board would suggest otherwise ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Cjay wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:24 am Phil Hay gave an insight into why despite Llorente's very poor performances for a significant period of time now we still gave him a new contract.

Nothing to do with performance (silly notion).

It's because Victor thinks that cbs are going to increase in value and Llorente may be worth something eventually.

You couldn't make this up :lol:

We are literally just only interested in how much we can sell players for over anything else

Make it stop :(
like any football club bar the top 10 clubs in the world or so...

...makes perfect sense to tie him down to a longer deal if he was at risk of leaving on the cheap with a year or so left on his contract
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

danhirons wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:31 pm like any football club bar the top 10 clubs in the world or so...

...makes perfect sense to tie him down to a longer deal if he was at risk of leaving on the cheap with a year or so left on his contract
Absolutely correct.
Signed

King Cjay

White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Cjay wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:52 pm Absolutely correct.
Thing is whose gonna want him and all our other dross?

Answer is nobody.

I expect more mediocre players getting rewarded with new contracts in January to make up for the lack of quality incomings.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

White Riot wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:59 am Thing is whose gonna want him and all our other dross?

Answer is nobody.

I expect more mediocre players getting rewarded with new contracts in January to make up for the lack of quality incomings.
Many people I'm sure.

Victor knows what he is doing.
Signed

King Cjay

Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

danhirons wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:31 pm like any football club bar the top 10 clubs in the world or so...

Or he was in the form of his life...
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

This new 4 year contract for a donkey, what does it tell us ?

49ers - Know fck all footy wise
Radz - Knows fck all footy wise
The grade A class 1 Clown - Knows fck all footy wise, but pulls the strings at the club
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Add Kinnear to the above ^

Under - Knows fck all footy wise, but is scared to death of the bully.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:35 pm This new 4 year contract for a donkey, what does it tell us ?

49ers - Know fck all footy wise
Radz - Knows fck all footy wise
The grade A class 1 Clown - Knows fck all footy wise, but pulls the strings at the club
Still going on about that?... oh dear, new year same old same old...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Off to Roma...

VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

Happy days
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:35 pm This new 4 year contract for a donkey, what does it tell us ?

Tells us they want to maximize his value when they come to sell him. Good business!
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Interesting with Koch suspended for the next match. Leaves 2 options. 1) We have a left footer playing centreback with Wober partnered by Cooper or Struyjk or 2) Jm moves Ayling to right centreback so he can play his signing Rasmus at right back.
mentalcase

Re: Diego Llorente - Off to Roma

Post by mentalcase »

Not a player I will miss at all, hope we don't use LA as CH to cover, CC may be brought back, but, appears that kid from abroad might be incoming.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

I’m not unhappy with this news. He is a weak link in defence for sure and, as I’ve said before, he still makes me nervous whenever he gets on or near the ball. I wonder whether, if Roma decide to buy him, we will lose money on the deal, I can’t imagine that they would be prepared to pay anything like £17m. He may prove to be a better player in another system and/or in a slightly less competitive league where there is not quite as much strength in depth, but he has been found wanting in the Premier League, in my opinion.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Great news :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:38 am I’m not unhappy with this news. He is a weak link in defence for sure and, as I’ve said before, he still makes me nervous whenever he gets on or near the ball. I wonder whether, if Roma decide to buy him, we will lose money on the deal, I can’t imagine that they would be prepared to pay anything like £17m. He may prove to be a better player in another system and/or in a slightly less competitive league where there is not quite as much strength in depth, but he has been found wanting in the Premier League, in my opinion.
Llorente makes us all nervous mate, holds onto the ball far too long, either looking for a telegragh pass or a get out clause passing the ball back to Meslier.

Wober is completely the opposite, two footed, accurate passer & as was the case vs Accrington when the ball was played over the top Max over head kicked the ball back into the opponents half, not passing back the ball putting Mes under pressure, saying more or less "you deal with it"

You could see when Llorente was warming up, the gloomy look on his face. If he can't make the first team vs League One opposition, it's time for him to move on.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:18 am Interesting with Koch suspended for the next match. Leaves 2 options. 1) We have a left footer playing centreback with Wober partnered by Cooper or Struyjk or 2) Jm moves Ayling to right centreback so he can play his signing Rasmus at right back.
Wober & Cooper to start as our CB's vs Forest.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:18 am Tells us they want to maximize his value when they come to sell him. Good business!
Let's see what we get for him first huh.

How many attempts has the clown had at LB and CH's now ?

So Jesse has found us..Rasmus, Wober, TA, BA, MaKennie anymore ?

;@)