Covid

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Covid passports

Yes
45%
No
48%
Don't know
7%

Total votes: 44

mentalcase

Re: Covid - Back to Plan A : Three important changes!

Post by mentalcase »

Thanks for your concerns, been a bit tough last 4 weeks or so, they've been married 61yrs, and together 66
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Best wishes to those who have contracted Covid.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:46 pm Thanks for your concerns, been a bit tough last 4 weeks or so, they've been married 61yrs, and together 66
Must be tough for your devoted parents.
1964white

Re: Covid

Post by 1964white »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-60116743

Back on the Covid wards: How is the NHS coping now?

Plan B Covid restrictions in England are due to be lifted later this week, in a move the government hopes will gradually see the country move beyond the pandemic.

The World Health Organization's special envoy on Covid 19, says "light is at the end of the tunnel" for the UK.

But British officials remain cautious because of the high number of unvaccinated people, estimated to be around five million.

Presenter Clive Myrie has spent the last week at the Royal London Hospital, talking to staff and patients about the continuing pressures the Omicron variant is putting on the NHS, and what life might be like after Covid.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Queen Elizabeth has covid and is experiencing mild symptoms.

Wish her a speedy recovery.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:29 pm Queen Elizabeth has covid and is experiencing mild symptoms.

Wish her a speedy recovery.
Very much so, Cjay.

Had a rough ride over the last couple of years, hopefully she'll be ok.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

She'll be fine.. 10 people in my mums care home have had covid since first week of JAN now, it's still in lockdown. All 10 have serious existing health conditions, none have had more than a runny nose or slight cough.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

My partner (triple vaccinated) tested positive on Tuesday and spent a couple of days in bed with a mildish flu. Despite being an unvaccinated plague rat, and in close contact, I'm fine... maybe there is something to this natural immunity after all.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SaraM wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:34 pm My partner (triple vaccinated) tested positive on Tuesday and spent a couple of days in bed with a mildish flu. Despite being an unvaccinated plague rat, and in close contact, I'm fine... maybe there is something to this natural immunity after all.
Shhh, doesn't suit the mantra everyone is muttering under their collective breaths
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

SaraM wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:34 pm My partner (triple vaccinated) tested positive on Tuesday and spent a couple of days in bed with a mildish flu. Despite being an unvaccinated plague rat, and in close contact, I'm fine... maybe there is something to this natural immunity after all.
A sample size of 1 is possibly not the basis for sweeping conclusions.

Many people never caught it. Many did. 6 million of them died.
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

Hope they are feeling better now, my partner who has a history of chest trouble, caught covid 2 months ago, it knocked her of her feet for 2 days, tough old bird, top cyclist in her day, maybe that helped? I hope so LOL
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

velo wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:43 pm Hope they are feeling better now, my partner who has a history of chest trouble, caught covid 2 months ago, it knocked her of her feet for 2 days, tough old bird, top cyclist in her day, maybe that helped? I hope so LOL
Yes thanks, Velo. I was very poorly when I originally had it two years ago, but been fine since. Partner never has flu or anything normally, so surprised to get it.
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

SaraM wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:00 pm Yes thanks, Velo. I was very poorly when I originally had it two years ago, but been fine since. Partner never has flu or anything normally, so surprised to get it.
Good, Covid can be nasty

Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Mountain wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:40 pm A sample size of 1 is possibly not the basis for sweeping conclusions.

Many people never caught it. Many did. 6 million of them died.
No need to be so pious. No sweeping conclusions either, just my personal experience. I've had dog's abuse for deciding to rely on natural immunity, so I think I'm allowed to be pleased at being vindicated.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

SaraM wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:05 pm I've had dog's abuse for deciding to rely on natural immunity, so I think I'm allowed to be pleased at being vindicated.
Well if a doctor told you the reason you did not get it was natural immunity, you are indeed vindicated in your choice. And obviously if your partner had not been vaccinated, the consequences may have been far more serious than a couple of days in bed, so it's win win.
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

SaraM wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:05 pm No need to be so pious. No sweeping conclusions either, just my personal experience. I've had dog's abuse for deciding to rely on natural immunity, so I think I'm allowed to be pleased at being vindicated.
Everyone makes their own choices in life, don't bow down to his level

velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

Screenshot_22.jpg
Screenshot_22.jpg (49.96 KiB) Viewed 391 times

Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

velo wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:18 pm Everyone makes their own choices in life, don't bow down to his level
Very true.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

velo wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:18 pm Everyone makes their own choices in life, don't bow down to his level
:lol:

Everyone is entitled to choose self diagnosis over the advice of doctors, everyone can trust their own expertise in virology, immunology etc.

But to characterise deferring to doctors as "bowing down" to some level is illogical, irrational and silly.
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

Mountain wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:51 pm :lol:

Everyone is entitled to choose self diagnosis over the advice of doctors, everyone can trust their own expertise in virology, immunology etc.

But to characterise deferring to doctors as "bowing down" to some level is illogical, irrational and silly.
And so is patronising...over and done