Derby - in financial turmoil & Roonless !

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Lorimer46
First Team
First Team
Twitter: @dsc67

Re: Derby Cleared to Sign Players

Post by Lorimer46 »

Mike Ashley interested in buying Derby County if the rumours are true
" The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley "
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Lorimer46 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:23 pm Mike Ashley interested in buying Derby County if the rumours are true
Derby fans will be delirious with that rumour :roll:
Lorimer46
First Team
First Team
Twitter: @dsc67

Post by Lorimer46 »

1964white wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:25 pm Derby fans will be delirious with that rumour :roll:
Aye. Just when it can't get any worse
" The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley "
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Re: Derby

Post by WhiteRose »

Cant believe the cheek of Derby they seem to think the rules dont apply to them, trying to appeal the 12 points admin penalty now because of covid - They seem to think they were uniquely challenged by the covid saga. every team had to deal with it the problem was Derby had been so badly run that it pushed them over the edge but its still their fault not the pandemic.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

WhiteRose wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:49 am Cant believe the cheek of Derby they seem to think the rules dont apply to them, trying to appeal the 12 points admin penalty now because of covid - They seem to think they were uniquely challenged by the covid saga. every team had to deal with it the problem was Derby had been so badly run that it pushed them over the edge but its still their fault not the pandemic.
Give em another 3 points for their cheek :tup:
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

How comes no one else has gone into admin as a result of covid? 🤔
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

Mel Morris has ducked and dived and ducked and dived some more. Stretched the rules to breaking point and one or two past that point.
They majorly dodged a bullet at the end of the season regarding a points deduction that would have relegated them.
Looks like the bullet dodging days are over hopefully
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Derby County have reportedly decided to accept a nine-point penalty for financial fair play breaches.

The club, in administration, is set to be deducted another nine points to go with the 12 already taken off them for calling in business advisory firm Quantuma to sort their finances out.

Mel Morris put the club into administration in September and Quantuma had appealed against the 12-point penalty, but that had been adjourned and it is being claimed the appeal will now be dropped entirely.

The Telegraph reports that the Rams will take a nine-point deduction for their FFP breaches, under Morris, which relate to the way the club amortised the value of players over the length of their contracts at Pride Park.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Derby - League One beckons!

Post by Cjay »

Don't usually find any joy in this happening to other clubs but Derby deserves this.

Them and the Wendies took the piss for years.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

What goes around , comes around 😀
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2021-11-16 13.00.31.png

Derby County have been deducted a further nine points after admitting breaches of English Football League accounting rules.

The rams definitely down now
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:02 pm Screenshot 2021-11-16 13.00.31.png

Derby County have been deducted a further nine points after admitting breaches of English Football League accounting rules.

The rams definitely down now
Lowest Championship points total is 18, Derby already have the lowest Premier league total.

Every cloud and all that.

Double Record breakers maybe
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Derby definitely down now!

Post by The Subhuman »

I remember how I felt as a Leeds fan when this happened to us ... I commiserate with Derby fans everywhere
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Prisoner37
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Prisoner37 »

It would be proper sweet if Cardiff went down with them.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:59 pm I remember how I felt as a Leeds fan when this happened to us ... I commiserate with Derby fans everywhere
Derby accused Bielsa of cheating when one of our coaching team was watching them train through a fence.
Derby fans laughed at our fanbase after knocking us out of the play-off final, their fans hate us, believe me!
Derby owner has moved DCFC accounts to another business in an effort to deceive the EFL by falsifying their accounts.
From that deception, they managed employ Rooney on a salary of 80k a week.

I don't feel sorry for them one bit, in the end they deserve what they've got, just as we did when Bates/GFH screwed our club
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Prisoner37 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:29 pm It would be proper sweet if Cardiff went down with them.
Oh yes!

Cardiff, Sheff Wed, Codheads & Derby in League One :-D
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

1964white wrote: Derby accused Bielsa of cheating when one of our coaching team was watching them train through a fence.
Derby fans laughed at our fanbase after knocking us out of the play-off final, their fans hate us, believe me!
Derby owner has moved DCFC accounts to another business in an effort to deceive the EFL by falsifying their accounts.
From that deception, they managed employ Rooney on a salary of 80k a week.

I don't feel sorry for them one bit, in the end they deserve what they've got, just as we did when Bates/GFH screwed our club
Well said 64, couldn't put it better myself.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

I think they may have managed to stay up before this additional 9 points deduction but they're done for now at 18 points from safety.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Merry Christmas ! ,

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

It would be very pleasant to see Derby get relegated.

I believe it was the “Spygate” saga and the whole ridiculous media circus surrounding it, instigated by Lampard and the powers that be at Derby and in no small measure the fans too, that was one of, if not the main reason that we failed to get promotion that year.

So definitely no sympathy whatsoever from me.

Also anybody daft enough to employ Wayne Rooney as manager at £80,000/week deserves all they get. 😉