Crystal Palace Thread - 2022/23 Season Review.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Crystal Palace Thread - How much of a threat will Gallagher/Benteke/Zaha be next Tuesday?

Post by BGwhite »

Cjay wrote:Maxwel Cornet 5 goals in 7 games and cost half a Dan James.
Perhaps he doesn't run enough.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Crystal Palace Thread - How much of a threat will Gallagher/Benteke/Zaha be next Tuesday?

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:32 pm Maxwel Cornet 5 goals in 7 games and cost half a Dan James.
What a signing Cornet is, scored some crackers.

Nice to sign a player who can shoot :soccer:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Raphinha can't shoot?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:53 pm Raphinha can't shoot?
Our only consistent shooter apart from young Joe if he is given more opportunities in the first XI
1964white

Re: Crystal Palace Thread - Gallagher...what a player!

Post by 1964white »

Another inspired performance from Connor Gallagher.

Two goals, his second goal an absolute cracker :soccer: :clap:

Quality footballer with bags of energy & goals to boot from a midfielder we were crying out for, such a shame he decided to ply his career in London.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:32 pm Another inspired performance from Connor Gallagher.

Two goals, his second goal an absolute cracker :soccer: :clap:

Quality footballer with bags of energy & goals to boot from a midfielder we were crying out for, such a shame he decided to ply his career in London.
Chelsea will want him back on these performances
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:34 pm Chelsea will want him back on these performances
He'd cost a fortune if Chelsea decided to sell him.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Yea but he wouldn't fit into our system would he, if he would, the 3 wise men would have had him when they had the opportunity, or is it a case of, oh no, we've fucked up again ?
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Fans didn't want him .. and they know best
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:28 pm Yea but he wouldn't fit into our system would he, if he would, the 3 wise men would have had him when they had the opportunity, or is it a case of, oh no, we've fucked up again ?
I would think Gallagher is exactly Bielsa's type of player, tenacious, energy, movement & an eye for goal.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

I take it the 3 wise men read this forum then ?
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Good game yoday by all accounts but he was poor against us.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

He's obviously not that good, otherwise we would have had him when we had the chance, to me, he's proving to be a very good player, Lee Bowyer type, box to box, but, Bielsa openly states "we won't get a player who isn't better than we already have" to me, that reads he don't rate CG above whatever we have.
Then again, we have a pet project on fire, 1 goal and 1 assist in last 2 games, what do I know.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:04 pm He's obviously not that good, otherwise we would have had him when we had the chance, to me, he's proving to be a very good player, Lee Bowyer type, box to box, but, Bielsa openly states "we won't get a player who isn't better than we already have" to me, that reads he don't rate CG above whatever we have.
Then again, we have a pet project on fire, 1 goal and 1 assist in last 2 games, what do I know.
Nothing to do with Bielsa, Orta etc.
He stated his intention was to stay in London. As we are 200 miles away we had no chance whatsoever of signing him.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:12 am Nothing to do with Bielsa, Orta etc.
He stated his intention was to stay in London. As we are 200 miles away we had no chance whatsoever of signing him.
He would say that when we showed no interest, of course he fancied coming to United,.
He was in the midlands , which is far from 200 miles away, lets face it, we fucked up.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

mentalcase wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:34 am He would say that when we showed no interest, of course he fancied coming to United,.
He was in the midlands , which is far from 200 miles away, lets face it, we fucked up.
Na.....he chose Palace :)

And isn't he doing a grand job!
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

"will only buy players better than we already have" ...sick & tired of hearing the same old crap.

Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

BGwhite wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:11 am "will only buy players better than we already have" ...sick & tired of hearing the same old crap.

Same here.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Actually we did everything possible to get him on loan. Taken around Thorpe Arch etc. He just felt he would have more opportunities at Palace. It was that simple - his preference.
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

BGwhite wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:11 am "will only buy players better than we already have" ...sick & tired of hearing the same old crap.

On that basis, you would rather the club said ‘we only want players who are worse than we already have’?

We could buy enough crap players so we could have ‘a big squad’and close the door on the emerging U23’s.
Hmmm, it’s a thought.