Aston Villa Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Aston Villa Thread

Post by 1964white »

Couldn't happen to a nicer person :roll:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:02 pm Couldn't happen to a nicer person :roll:
Exactly what I was gonna post 🙂
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:31 pm Good riddance you bellend.
Hope villa go down.
Along with Burnley and Norwich :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:49 am Along with Burnley and Norwich :tup:
Can't stand the man & the way his teams play football.

Remember the Watkins dive for a pen at ER whilst managing Brentford. Smith deserved what he got in the end for instructing his teams to blatantly cheat at any cost.

I wonder which team I'll detest next when he ventures back into management.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Aston Villa Thread - Dean Smith sacked

Post by Cjay »

Steven Gerrard, the Rangers manager, is a strong candidate and knows Purslow from their time together at Anfield but “multiple options will be considered”, according to well-placed sources. Southampton’s Ralph Hasenhuttl and Brentford’s Thomas Frank are admired while Denmark coach Kasper Hjulmand is of interest.

From the Villa Phil Hay

Hmm.

Gerrard would be off as soon as Liddleypool rang (also he has achieved things in a two team league, he has done well but not convinced doing well for Rangers is that hard).

Thomas Frank has just lost 4 in a row, i suppose if they want continuity then that is it.

Kasper Hjulmand has won 2 things in 15 years, done well for Denmark but hardly a sparkling cv.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:07 am Can't stand the man & the way his teams play football.

Remember the Watkins dive for a pen at ER whilst managing Brentford. Smith deserved what he got in the end for instructing his teams to blatantly cheat at any cost.

I wonder which team I'll detest next when he ventures back into management.
I think Watkins or Camps headbutted Alioski in the same match and got away with it. Pontus got a ban for calling the ref s**t after that match :evil:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:24 pm I think Watkins or Camps headbutted Alioski in the same match and got away with it. Pontus got a ban for calling the ref s**t after that match :evil:
Jansson unlucky when Smith comes to town.

I wish Pontus would nut him :lol:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:31 pm Jansson unlucky when Smith comes to town.

I wish Pontus would nut him :lol:
Yeah, he must have a Pontus voodoo doll :?
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Don't care who villa get tbh, just hope they go down like, can't stand the tossers, same as scruffy shoppers lidlpool , oh and scum and citeh, chelski, infact every team when we lake em on match day.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Pretty reliable source that, can't read the article but Stevie G to use Villa as a stepping stone?

Thought they may go for Lucien Favre (quality manager him).
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Re: Aston Villa Thread - Steven Gerrard interested in Villa job.

Post by Mountain »

I don't mind Villa, obviously they had a few years where John Terry infected the place but big club that's had some lean times.
1964white

Re: Aston Villa Thread - Steven Gerrard interested in Villa job.

Post by 1964white »

Mountain wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:07 pm I don't mind Villa, obviously they had a few years where John Terry infected the place but big club that's had some lean times.
Dean Smith the main culprit :x
1964white

Re: Aston Villa Thread - Did Grealish's exit cost Smith his Villa job?

Post by 1964white »

Did Grealish's exit cost Smith his Villa job?
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

They knew it was coming well in advance. Yes one player can carry a team at times, Raphinha alone has kept us out of the bottom three ( just ), but you are on a slippery slope if you reply on individuals to keep you afloat.

Where as we rely on the team ethic, which seems to be getting back to normal, it seems Villa are the opposite at the moment. So yes, Grealish going has cost Smith his job, but he can only blame himself as he failed to evolve.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Over the years I was never much bothered either way regarding Villa, neither liked nor particularly disliked them. That is until the last couple of years where two incidents highlighted their inherent hypocrisy and duplicity.

The first is the one we all remember when the game continued after one of their players went down “injured” and Klich went on to score. The point being that the Villa players had been feigning injury regularly during the game in order to disrupt our flow and I think the Referee had eventually got wise to that fact, so when their player went down this time he, quite rightly, let play continue. Uproar ensued from their players, manager and of course the obnoxious John Terry, the Referee buckled under the pressure and the ever decent and honourable Marcelo Bielsa gave the order, wrongly in my opinion and famously in Pontus Jansen’s) to let them equalise.

The 2nd incident was in the match between Aston Villa and Sheffield United, which effectively became a relegation decider, when SU appeared to score but, unfortunately, the goal line technology failed to register and the goal wasn’t given, despite the fact that video evidence clearly showed the ball had crossed the line. Aston Villa were not big enough to admit it and take after Marcelo Bielsa and do the honourable thing.

So, obviously, not my least favourite team but they are definitely now in my dislike rather than my ambivalence register.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:31 am Over the years I was never much bothered either way regarding Villa, neither liked nor particularly disliked them. That is until the last couple of years where two incidents highlighted their inherent hypocrisy and duplicity.

The first is the one we all remember when the game continued after one of their players went down “injured” and Klich went on to score. The point being that the Villa players had been feigning injury regularly during the game in order to disrupt our flow and I think the Referee had eventually got wise to that fact, so when their player went down this time he, quite rightly, let play continue. Uproar ensued from their players, manager and of course the obnoxious John Terry, the Referee buckled under the pressure and the ever decent and honourable Marcelo Bielsa gave the order, wrongly in my opinion and famously in Pontus Jansen’s) to let them equalise.

The 2nd incident was in the match between Aston Villa and Sheffield United, which effectively became a relegation decider, when SU appeared to score but, unfortunately, the goal line technology failed to register and the goal wasn’t given, despite the fact that video evidence clearly showed the ball had crossed the line. Aston Villa were not big enough to admit it and take after Marcelo Bielsa and do the honourable thing.

So, obviously, not my least favourite team but they are definitely now in my dislike rather than my ambivalence register.
Maybe Villa will become a nice club again.

English coaches are out of their depth in the PL nowadays.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:13 am Did Grealish's exit cost Smith his Villa job?
I did think that after his sacking
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:31 am Over the years I was never much bothered either way regarding Villa, neither liked nor particularly disliked them. That is until the last couple of years where two incidents highlighted their inherent hypocrisy and duplicity.

Conor Hourahaine should have been sent off for his assault on Klich after he scored.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:35 pm Conor Hourahaine should have been sent off for his assault on Klich after he scored.
Without any doubt Chilli

In the end that game cost us two points, a Bamford ban & a possible play-off victory as Pontus never played another game for Leeds.

Of course, Villa benefited from the whole fiasco! I've never forgiven Smith/Villa for their unsporting tactics.

They continued their antics in the PL :roll:
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

1964white wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:51 am
English coaches are out of their depth in the PL nowadays.
I hope you are right here and Eddie Howe takes Newcastle down, after all thats happened on Tyne side I would love it if they got relegated.