Junior Firpo

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Junior Firpo

Post by The Subhuman »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:38 pm Anyway back on topic. Junior Firpo definitely reminds me of a film star. Can’t figure out who though
Eddie Murphy
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

faaip wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:50 pmEddie Murphy
Yes, that’s the obvious one but someone else as well.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Clark Gable
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

I'm still not convinced long term but he has been good the last few games. I am not sure why its taken him so long (all players have injuries) Bill as been out for a while and got back upto speed pretty quickly. Better late then never and that goal come become the most critical of the season.

What was great for the kid i believe he flew in his family especially.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

faaip wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:56 pmClark Gable
That’s it!
I was going to post that above but thought I’d probably be the only one who can see it. Obviously not
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Leeds1000 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:58 pm I'm still not convinced long term but he has been good the last few games. I am not sure why its taken him so long (all players have injuries) Bill as been out for a while and got back upto speed pretty quickly. Better late then never and that goal come become the most critical of the season.

What was great for the kid i believe he flew in his family especially.
I think those watching him have missed a lot, he was decent last season. He's been good for the most part this starting pre season where he was extremely influential. He's been villified unfairly for mis-positioning due to Marsch's system and defensive confusion which has rendered even Wober poor at times...
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

faaip wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:29 pm I think those watching him have missed a lot, he was decent last season. He's been good for the most part this starting pre season where he was extremely influential. He's been villified unfairly for mis-positioning due to Marsch's system and defensive confusion which has rendered even Wober poor at times...
His defensive positioning at times has left a lot to be desired and he has given away more than his fair share of silly tackles. I heard him say in his interview the other say. He started life out as a striker, was moved onto the wing and as finally ended up at fullback. I think we have witnessed all elements to his game.

Fingers crossed he gets a good run and plays like he did the other day against better opposition.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

tempFileForShare_20230227-164841.jpg
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:29 pm I think those watching him have missed a lot, he was decent last season. He's been good for the most part this starting pre season where he was extremely influential. He's been villified unfairly for mis-positioning due to Marsch's system and defensive confusion which has rendered even Wober poor at times...
That was against an awful Blackpool team, who are now joint-bottom of the championship.

Firpo's displays vs Everton & Southampton are significantly improved on his previous Leeds form.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

faaip wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:56 pmClark Gable
:lol:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

John in Louisiana wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:31 pm :lol:
TBF he does remind me of Clark Gable, it wasn't a joke (in my case) and it seems Jaydog agrees.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

faaip wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:33 pm TBF he does remind me of Clark Gable, it wasn't a joke (in my case) and it seems Jaydog agrees.
No it’s exactly who I was thinking of originally.
He’s got that debonair Hollywood look.
People will laugh at the comparison for obvious reasons but there is something in his features that reminded me of CG.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

weasel wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:15 am What's Jaydog's college nickname got to do with anything?
That's 'I'
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

I 👀
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Clark Gable was my first thought too.... Eddie Murphy comp I had to think about
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

faaip wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:04 pm Clark Gable was my first thought too.... Eddie Murphy comp I had to think about
Great minds I suppose. Strange because it’s counterintuitive which is probably why you might think of EM as that makes more sense.
That’s interesting that I was going to post it and didn’t and then you said it. Unless you read my mind of course…
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

tempFileForShare_20230227-195528.jpg
tempFileForShare_20230227-195528.jpg
Attachments
tempFileForShare_20230227-195640.jpg
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Fulham
High % pass accuracy rate
3 interceptions
2 blocks
2 tackles
2 decent forward runs

Another composed performance.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Firpo is decent going forwards, but you would expect that considering where he initially started playing. Most full backs these days have undergone similar positional transitions.

The reality is for me he lacks pace, Adams covers for him and chases back. Nothing wrong with that Henderson did the same role for TAA but he is past his best now, hence why TAA gets a lot of flak.

I am no where near convinced he has suddenly improved. Let’s see how he fairs against Chelsea, they play with width.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

DDB220 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:16 pm Firpo is decent going forwards, but you would expect that considering where he initially started playing. Most full backs these days have undergone similar positional transitions.

The reality is for me he lacks pace, Adams covers for him and chases back. Nothing wrong with that Henderson did the same role for TAA but he is past his best now, hence why TAA gets a lot of flak.

I am no where near convinced he has suddenly improved. Let’s see how he fairs against Chelsea, they play with width.
I'm staying positive now with Firpo after three decent displays, defensively he seems more aware of what's going on around him. Hope his good form continues.