Summer 2022 transfer speculation and squad discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Summer 2022 transfer speculation and squad discussion

Post by Cjay »

That time of year again so this is the place for discussions about transfers and the squad in general.

:)
Last edited by Cjay on Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: January 2022 transfer speculation and squad

Post by Cjay »

Let's kick off with these linked names.

Ross Barkley
Aaron Ramsey
John Swift
Lewis O'brien
Mariano Diaz
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: January 2022 transfer speculation and squad discussion

Post by The Subhuman »

Yep, agreed, those are all footballers

what about Fernandez?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:45 pm Yep, agreed, those are all footballers

what about Fernandez?
Who he?
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Mateo Joseph Fernandez - Espanyol striker ... it's in Elland's daily news
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

http://www.thehardtackle.com/news/2021/ ... fernandez/

looks decent though, a bit Ronaldo esque at 18, tall strong quick skillful, eye for goal
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

John Swift
Arthur Cabral in

Rodrigo out
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Re: January 2022 transfer speculation and squad

Post by Clacton White »

Cjay wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:12 pm Let's kick off with these linked names.

Ross Barkley
Aaron Ramsey
John Swift
Lewis O'brien
Mariano Diaz
I have absolutely no faith that Victor Orta can get any of these done .
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

So last summer was a bust, wrong players, they may get better but not a chance we couldn't have got 2 technically better players than James and Firpo, 2 blokes who run a lot.

The fact we have made such a hash of the midfield for 4 transfer windows is shocking as well (although given Orta wanted to splash £20mil on Cuisance god knows what we will get).

One problem i see is any permanent transfer would want a vision.

What the owners are aiming for (we have an ownership dispute playing out in public with a Chairman ranting at journalists on twitter).

Where they would fit in the managers plans long term. We have a manager who only signs contracts for 12months and i think most people accept is very likely leaving at the end lf this one. So its hard to tell them that based on those factors.

Not to mention financial issues, we wasted a lot of money in the summer, we probably havent a huge amount left.

And of course our DOF is pretty awful at January transfers.

Ideguchi, De Bock, Forshaw, Roberts, Casilla, Bogusz, Caprille, Poveda, JKA.

Not one of them made a positive instant impact which is what we need now.

So not sure how this plays out.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

yawn ...change the record
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:40 pm yawn ...change the record
One to talk.

Tyler Roberts has played a blinder in every match ever if you are to be believed.

I shall type what i want and you type what you want :ok:
Signed

King Cjay

Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Cjay wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:28 pm What the owners are aiming for (we have an ownership dispute playing out in public with a Chairman ranting at journalists on twitter).
Ownership disputes and rants? You're seeing something I don't see at all. I thought there was a story about the 49ers having an option and the owner has challenged the accuracy of it.

The main thing I took from it was that he'd get back almost 10 times what he paid, vastly more than sums paid for other Premier League clubs including NUFC, Burnley etc. which suggests that people seem pretty happy with how the club is run.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Mountain wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:08 pm Ownership disputes and rants? You're seeing something I don't see at all. I thought there was a story about the 49ers having an option and the owner has challenged the accuracy of it.

The main thing I took from it was that he'd get back almost 10 times what he paid, vastly more than sums paid for other Premier League clubs including NUFC, Burnley etc. which suggests that people seem pretty happy with how the club is run.
Radz gave the impression the leaks had come from the 49ers end in one of the tweets which he was angry about.

He seemed very keen to point out that he is in charge of this situation not them, that to me was the gist of his tweets which he seemed to think wasn't how the story read.

Rant probably wasn't fair but didn't give the impression of a happy camp.

Radz definitely wasn't happy and whilst he was shouting at the journalists he also clearly thought the 49ers had been leaking and wasn't happy about that either.

That was how I read it?
Signed

King Cjay

Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Cjay wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:28 pm So last summer was a bust, wrong players, they may get better but not a chance we couldn't have got 2 technically better players than James and Firpo, 2 blokes who run a lot.

The fact we have made such a hash of the midfield for 4 transfer windows is shocking as well (although given Orta wanted to splash £20mil on Cuisance god knows what we will get).

One problem i see is any permanent transfer would want a vision.

What the owners are aiming for (we have an ownership dispute playing out in public with a Chairman ranting at journalists on twitter).

Where they would fit in the managers plans long term. We have a manager who only signs contracts for 12months and i think most people accept is very likely leaving at the end lf this one. So its hard to tell them that based on those factors.

Not to mention financial issues, we wasted a lot of money in the summer, we probably havent a huge amount left.

And of course our DOF is pretty awful at January transfers.

Ideguchi, De Bock, Forshaw, Roberts, Casilla, Bogusz, Caprille, Poveda, JKA.

Not one of them made a positive instant impact which is what we need now.

So not sure how this plays out.
Whilst some of those are indeed flops, I wouldn't tar them all with the same brush. IMO:

Forshaw is a tidy energetic midfielder. Yes, not an attacking midfielder but was desperately unlucky with injury. Has played very well since his return, can generally handle the pace of the PL, and his return coincides with tighter scorelines so must be doing some of the DMF basics right. Only need to look at the MOTM threads to see how well he has done.

Roberts. I'm not his biggest fan but even I can see a talent there and it hasn't helped him being flitted around by Bielsa or playing bit parts in games. I would still like to see him on loan with consistent games for an upper Championship club to build up confidence and hone his decision making.

Bogusz. Didn't find his feet at Leeds, but has always been a talent. Currently doing very well in La Liga 2 and I for one would like to see him back at Leeds in January.

Caprile. TBH, don't know what happened to send him out on loan and haven't followed his recent progress, but last year was excellent for the U23s and I think there's a decent talent here too with this lad. Certainky seemes better than his replacement Klaesson from what I have seen.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Lumiukko wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:56 pm Whilst some of those are indeed flops, I wouldn't tar them all with the same brush. IMO:

Forshaw is a tidy energetic midfielder. Yes, not an attacking midfielder but was desperately unlucky with injury. Has played very well since his return, can generally handle the pace of the PL, and his return coincides with tighter scorelines so must be doing some of the DMF basics right. Only need to look at the MOTM threads to see how well he has done.

Roberts. I'm not his biggest fan but even I can see a talent there and it hasn't helped him being flitted around by Bielsa or playing bit parts in games. I would still like to see him on loan with consistent games for an upper Championship club to build up confidence and hone his decision making.

Bogusz. Didn't find his feet at Leeds, but has always been a talent. Currently doing very well in La Liga 2 and I for one would like to see him back at Leeds in January.

Caprile. TBH, don't know what happened to send him out on loan and haven't followed his recent progress, but last year was excellent for the U23s and I think there's a decent talent here too with this lad. Certainky seemes better than his replacement Klaesson from what I have seen.
None of them made an instant impact is what I meant.

In January you sign players for immediate impact and we haven't managed that once
Signed

King Cjay

Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Cjay wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:22 pm None of them made an instant impact is what I meant.

In January you sign players for immediate impact and we haven't managed that once
:clap:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:22 pm None of them made an instant impact is what I meant.

None of our signings have made an instant impact apart from Raphinha/Llorente & our Spanish international CB had a stop start for long periods of last & the beginning of this season.

They all take an eternity to find their feet, some still haven't even now.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

New signings at other clubs manage to make an immediate impact.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

I really wish we were in the position to bring in a Wijnaldum, Nandez, or Cabral in January but the peril of our position is enough to see those rumours off:

1. Riding low in the league with full fit squad. No need to bring anyone in and/or no guaranteed minutes and/or not getting to play in Europe next season.
2. Riding low in the league with injury ravaged squad. Top talent worried about us getting relegated and/or not getting to play in Europe next season.
3. Doing well in the league with full fit squad. No need to bring anyone in and/or top talent worried about minutes.
4. Doing well in the league with injury ravaged squad. Guaranteed minutes, potential to play in Europe next season.

#4 is the only outcome which I could see us bring high-calibre players in, which is certainly not where we will be, with #2 most likely.

I suspect someone of the likes of Swift is the level we can attract, which I wouldn't be disappointed in.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Fresh link from South America.

20 year old Uruguayan goal machine Agustín Alvarez

Over 30 career goals already and a full international with Uruguay (scored a goal to), seem as the air to legendary strikers Luis Suarez and Edinson Cavani.

Linked to us today by a Uruguayan journalist.

These are the sort of transfers i can get behind :)

The fact we have ignored the South American market and concentrated on the over priced European one during Bielsa's tenure is imo ridiculous.

This is good get it done :)
Signed

King Cjay