LUFC - Podcast of the Week.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Re: The Square Ball & the rest

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Congrats to The Square Ball lads for winning Fan Media of the Year at the FSA Awards!

https://www.thesquareball.net/leeds-uni ... -the-year/
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:45 pm Congrats to The Square Ball lads for winning Fan Media of the Year at the FSA Awards!

https://www.thesquareball.net/leeds-uni ... -the-year/
Excellent, Adam.

Well deserved, they beat the other bloggers hands down imo.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

1964white wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:56 pm Excellent, Adam.

Well deserved, they beat the other bloggers hands down imo.
Head and shoulders above others, 64 - which is why I only listen to TSB pods
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Love their podcast; I listen to it religiously.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

And it takes only 3 members of a self-styled clique with multiple alias's to ruin their forum, a forum that once attracted 1,000's that they themselves don't even frequent now and is down to about 6 people stroking each other's egos about how clever they are on any given topic - Dandelions, Otters and the outdoors is a specialty of one particular member (go and get bored to death on that if you like) :roflmao:
Another claims to work in a fictional laboratory making covid vaccines etc to save the world he's actually killing (think Walter Mitty) :)
And another who's job description seems to change on a daily basis to suit the discussion, laughable :lol: :roflmao:
And whatever you do don't make the mistake of thinking the 3 podcast guys appear on there- they deserted years ago when the backslapping gang took over :roflmao:

No need :tup:

Must dash.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
1964white

Re: TSB/ Brownie makes some great points on The Debrief

Post by 1964white »

Great points from Brownie

How many times quickly Leeds concede, after taking the lead

Eleven points chucked away.

Our defence - you can't put all the blame on Cooper.

Marsch's substitutions.

A big call on Jack Harrison.

Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

1964white wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:53 pm Great points from Brownie

How many times quickly Leeds concede, after taking the lead

Eleven points chucked away.

Our defence - you can't put all the blame on Cooper.

Marsch's substitutions.

A big call on Jack Harrison.
Jeez when will folk wake up !

You cannot have a decent defence if you're asking 2 of them to go awol ffs - Marsch's defence.

You cannot have a decent defence if you're asking your team to play how Bert did ffs - Berts defence.

YOU CANNOT BLAME THE DEFENCE WHO ARE NOT BEING ASKED TO DEFEND !!!.

You can blame the defence in a Mourinho team.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Are we all in agreement that when we went 2-3 up v Spurs that we tried to defend and see the game out ?

Well that's how fcking shite our defence is.

OUR DEFENCE CANNOT DEFEND ! IT HAS BEEN LIKE THIS FOR FOOKING YEARS AND OUR RESIDENT CLOWN IS BUYING OUR DEFENDERS, WHAT WILL IT TAKE FOR PEOPLE TO START LOOKING AT HIM !!!

HOW MANY ATTEMPTS AT LB - CB - WILL IT TAKE HIM TO SUCCEED ?

Like i tried to say at the start of the season, is our current RB Jesses or Orta's.

I needn't ask really because i 100% know that he's Jesses and wouldn't be here otherwise.

Why aren't teams falling over them selves and we making gazillions of wonga when they clamour all over to sign...Douglas - Alioski - Borthwich Jackwho - Llorente - Drameh - Koch - Pascal - Firpo - Hjelde - A. N. Other

If any of them were internationals they certainly aren't now, and how many of them are going to make gazillions ala Cucurella on the transfer market ?

;@)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:22 am Are we all in agreement that when we went 2-3 up v Spurs that we tried to defend and see the game out ?
Massive mistake taking Roca off to bring on Ayling who is as bad as the rest defensively to be brutally honest, especially as there was still fifteen minutes to play. Also left Adams (who was on a booking) exposed having to cover all the midfield leaving us vulnerable all over the park.

Why do coaches have to meddle? Remember Cardiff at ER when we were 3-1 up.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

1964white wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:58 pm Massive mistake taking Roca off to bring on Ayling who is as bad as the rest defensively to be brutally honest, especially as there was still fifteen minutes to play. Also left Adams (who was on a booking) exposed having to cover all the midfield leaving us vulnerable all over the park.

Why do coaches have to meddle? Remember Cardiff at ER when we were 3-1 up.
But players like Ayling etc were absolutely fantastic when we finished 9th first season under Bert.

Whatever went so diabolically wrong ?

Complete mystery.

;@)
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:22 am Are we all in agreement that when we went 2-3 up v Spurs that we tried to defend and see the game out ?

Well that's how fcking shite our defence is.
Did the same at Southhampton on match day 2....similar outcome. But at least we got a point out of that.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:27 pm But players like Ayling etc were absolutely fantastic when we finished 9th first season under Bert.

Whatever went so diabolically wrong ?

Complete mystery.
I've always admired Ayling when others were critical of him, Kenny boy.

Tbh, he wasn't a great defender two years ago, love his enthusiasm, but now his age is catching Luke up, especially at this level.

Anyway I was answering your question, "did we tried to defend and see the game out", truth is yes we did :(

If Roca had remained on the pitch maintaining control of the game, we'd have acquired the victory or at least a point we deserved.
hector

Post by hector »

Before MB came, Luke was often on the other side of the pitch picking his arse..... :mrgreen:
1964white

Re: I mention this fella Gabe previously - Interesting well thought views from this American Leeds fan.

Post by 1964white »

I've mention this fella Gabe previously - Interesting well thought out views from this American/Leeds fan.

Would be interested to know the thoughts of our members on here with regard to his comments, particularly from our USA fanbase.

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: I mention this fella Gabe previously - Interesting well thought views from this American Leeds fan.

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:28 am I've mention this fella Gabe previously - Interesting well thought out views from this American/Leeds fan.

Would be interested to know the thoughts of our members on here with regard to his comments, particularly from our USA fanbase.

Both Connor and Gabe speak sense. Funnily enough, they'd be called "negative" on here :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:12 am Both Connor and Gabe speak sense. Funnily enough, they'd be called "negative" on here :lol:
That explains why some don't listen to them :lol:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:53 am That explains why some don't listen to them :lol:
So they play into your biases?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:48 pm Did the same at Southhampton on match day 2....similar outcome. But at least we got a point out of that.
Yeah after Jesse banged on all week about playing in a heatwave and how he had it in hand.

Hope he learned something.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:08 pm So they play into your biases?
I respect all opinions, Faaip.

Gabe speaks eloquently & makes some great points.
1964white

Re: The Square Ball's World Cup Diary & LUFC News

Post by 1964white »