Rodrigo Moreno- Joins Al-Rayyan confirmed

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Re: Rodrigo Moreno

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:01 pm £12-15million is what they think apparently.

Be tempted tbh.

Given his age and given how its gone here for him.

But that would mean we need 3 players for me rather than 2, not sure our recruitment is organised enough for that in January?
15 million for Costa, a club record 27 million for Rodrigo, 17 million for JKA ( if we have to buy him) and then 25 million for James.

And then people wonder why there is so little transfer activity.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Cjay wrote:Reports in Spain are suggesting Barcelona have reignited their interest in Rodrigo.

Would you sell ?
Definitely.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

I thought Barcelona were in dire straits financially, I can’t see them offering our £27m back and then forking out £100000/week in wages for him. We might have to accept losing £20m on the deal and he might have to accept halving his wages - can’t really see that happening tbh.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:20 pm 15 million for Costa, a club record 27 million for Rodrigo, 17 million for JKA ( if we have to buy him) and then 25 million for James.

And then people wonder why there is so little transfer activity.
:) Plus when you're spunking money like that for little return and no chance of recouping it, then you have to sell your crown jewels to balance the books and end up in a worse position than you started from :(
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Regarding Rodders, bye then, adiós amigo :lol:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Nothing under 18 M for me or cash and player/s. He'll come good for us once he gets a run in the first team
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

You are left with a player less and hoping Orta can get a replacement in ........not such a problem with me selling Rodrigo , though I still think he can do a job given a run , more the problem with Orta getting any sort of replacement .I really don't see Orta doing a decent job , half way through window now and still no movement in first team , other than loan out .
Look at money spent on some players and one's missed out on various windows , most of the problems squad wise stem from Orta .
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

faaip wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:40 pm Nothing under 18 M for me or cash and player/s. He'll come good for us once he gets a run in the first team
I still think he'll be ok once he's fit. He does have a touch of class missing in a lot of our other players.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Clacton White wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:27 am You are left with a player less and hoping Orta can get a replacement in ........not such a problem with me selling Rodrigo , though I still think he can do a job given a run , more the problem with Orta getting any sort of replacement .I really don't see Orta doing a decent job , half way through window now and still no movement in first team , other than loan out .
Look at money spent on some players and one's missed out on various windows , most of the problems squad wise stem from Orta .
I agree Clacton. What limited funds the club had available needed to be spent wisely - no way that has happened.
Johnboy1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnboy1965 »

Would definitely sell.
Not his fault but he's never really fitted into our system and at 31 years old time is against him, so don't think he ever will, as he prefers to play as a second striker.
If we could get half of our money back and his wages off the books then that's a result.

Another one of Orta's flops I'm afraid. How he's still at the club is a mystery.
I admire his passion but as a DOF he just isn't cutting it.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

There's been a hell of a lot more good than bad from Orta.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

If he goes to Barcelona it might open the door for someone to come in, latest names being : Johnson from forest, Ratic from Liege and the exciting young talent Jason Knight from Derby.
Knight is a good prospect, also Derby need to sell.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
sharpy1963
Ballboy
Ballboy

Rodrigo

Post by sharpy1963 »

surely if rodrigo is fit he plays why play this dan james hopeless
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

For me Rodrigo was a statement signing. In signing the then Spanish no.9 it was a signing that suddenly said we're a big club again. It is the sort of signing that then makes other potential signings view going to Leeds as going to a big club. Newcastle will need to make a statement signing to get other players to go there.

Having Rodrigo here probably made it more attractive to Raphinha as he had someone at the club that was born in Brazil so spoke the same language and with Rodrigo having played in England before he would have been able to help Raphinha acclimatise to british life, the weather etc. Also likely increased the appeal for Llorente as he would have someone at the club that he would have likely become friendly with on international duty.
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Re: rodrigo

Post by Tyzy »

sharpy1963 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:20 pm surely if rodrigo is fit he plays why play this dan james hopeless
Rodrigo is equally as hopeless !
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Re: Rodrigo

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Not played since November!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Won't be match fit
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:23 pm For me Rodrigo was a statement signing. In signing the then Spanish no.9 it was a signing that suddenly said we're a big club again. It is the sort of signing that then makes other potential signings view going to Leeds as going to a big club. Newcastle will need to make a statement signing to get other players to go there.

Having Rodrigo here probably made it more attractive to Raphinha as he had someone at the club that was born in Brazil so spoke the same language and with Rodrigo having played in England before he would have been able to help Raphinha acclimatise to british life, the weather etc. Also likely increased the appeal for Llorente as he would have someone at the club that he would have likely become friendly with on international duty.
Good post... and he is a good player.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:50 pm Not played since November!
Already a thread, this is just spam
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: rodrigo

Post by The Subhuman »

Tyzy wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:44 pm Rodrigo is equally as hopeless !
10? 15?