Rodrigo Moreno- Joins Al-Rayyan confirmed

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Rodrigo Moreno-Out for 2 months

Post by Jaydog »

lufc1304 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:46 am Spot on, Jay. He's looked decent so far, but he's only played against lower league opposition and a Brentford side who came for a point. Bigger challenges ahead.
Plus he won’t have his Koch at the Forest.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:28 am Didn't Sol Bamba go on to play really well for his next club?
He did. I remember thinking that when watching him play. He was in the Cardiff team that gained promotion.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Jaydog wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:54 am Plus he won’t have his Koch at the Forest.
Hopefully that won't be too painful for him!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:28 am Didn't Sol Bamba go on to play really well for his next club?
Certainly did but I would say 95% or more fans were glad when we got rid of him. Think Bambi on ice was his nickname. Think he had 3 or more good seasons at Cardiff, getting promoted with them and then playing in the prem, whilst we languised in mediocrity.

He was excellent for us in the few months as a loan but then shockingly poor. Bizarre how it happens but once a player loses confidence and the crowd gets on his back it can be really hard to turn it around.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Rodrigo

Post by Leeds1000 »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:21 pm Been saying it for years. Risking players against cup team cloggers is just plain silly. Sigh......
I felt we missed his confidence today Swannie for sure.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Phil Hay saying there is hope Rodders could be back for Brighton (all be it Wolves seems more likely).

I hope he hasn't been rushed back, we've tried this before and players tend to break down fairly quickly or be bang out of form.

If its a choice I'd rather wait till Wolves.

Getting a result vs Wolves is far more likely than Brighton (what an embarrassing statement).
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Cjay wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:17 pm

Getting a result vs Wolves is far more likely than Brighton (what an embarrassing statement).
Not really embarrassing....True!
Brighton have been well run and recruited well for a few years now. We haven't
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Rodrigo Moreno-Could return vs Brighton

Post by Barlow Boy »

There was a picture of a fan, with Rodrigo, on Twitter yesterday with the fan saying Rodrigo had said he was back at the weekend. I thought it was just Twitter, but seems it was true.

Tough call for Gracia, he knows we are desperate for points, and knows Rodrigo can get us those points, but bringing him back too early could break him again.

As I say, tough one.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:20 pm Not really embarrassing....True!
Both then :)

And very true sadly
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Barlow Boy wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:29 pm There was a picture of a fan, with Rodrigo, on Twitter yesterday with the fan saying Rodrigo had said he was back at the weekend. I thought it was just Twitter, but seems it was true.

Tough call for Gracia, he knows we are desperate for points, and knows Rodrigo can get us those points, but bringing him back too early could break him again.

As I say, tough one.
Seems it possibly is.

Even if he is fit enough for Brighton you don't start him imo.

He won't be match sharp and could easily get bullied by Dunk and Webster out of the game early on.

Think you'd still start Rutter and hope his pace and power can atleast take some of the sting put of them and throw Rodders on if needed 2nd half.

Does concern me when players come back early, this club has a habit of rushing players back out of desperation
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:20 pm Not really embarrassing....True!
Stick Jesse Marsch in charge of Brighton and watch them tumble. Our recruitment is fine and we're run reasonably well...

Brighton 15th, 17th, 15th, 16th in the four seasons following promotion. Four years in the relegation zone before they started to move up. And this is roughly the timescale one would expect
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

The manager will have had a full weeks training to see how Rodrigo is doing. I know that's different from actually playing a competitive game but its bound to give him a good idea of just how far away he is from starting. Obviously he is nowhere near match fit so maybe give him the last 30 minutes or so.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Rodrigo had a fractured shin bone... it's a simple X-ray to determine if it's healed, the only issue would be match fitness and rust... If cleared I'd certainly like to see him on the bench v Brighton

It will have been 6 weeks and he may have been in a hyperbaric chamber to assist the healing...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:17 pm Phil Hay saying there is hope Rodders could be back for Brighton (all be it Wolves seems more likely).

I hope he hasn't been rushed back, we've tried this before and players tend to break down fairly quickly or be bang out of form.

If its a choice I'd rather wait till Wolves.

I had a whisper Rodrigo would be back for the Wolves or Arsenal game last weekend.

Good news it's earlier, but rushing him back may not be clever. Rodrigo will require three or four games to find his form again, if he can provide a winning goal early doors it certainly would be a bonus!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:32 pm Rodrigo had a fractured shin bone... it's a simple X-ray to determine if it's healed, the only issue would be match fitness and rust... If cleared I'd certainly like to see him on the bench v Brighton

It will have been 6 weeks and he may have been in a hyperbaric chamber to assist the healing...
Seems like you are talking from a personal experience, Faaip.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I have had a few broken bones yes...
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Took his goal very well.

But had he not then his cameo would have been absolutely dreadful.

Slow in body and mind.

Hopefully just rusty but doesn't look fit to me.

Was he limping? Swear he limped .
Signed

King Cjay

andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Cjay wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:55 pm Took his goal very well.

But had he not then his cameo would have been absolutely dreadful.

Slow in body and mind.

Hopefully just rusty but doesn't look fit to me.

Was he limping? Swear he limped .
His decision making and final ball were awful up until then. Same as Bamford coming back. Head and feet not in sync. Then he looked like his old self when he took the goal.
1964white

Re: Rodrigo Moreno

Post by 1964white »

Wolves

Apart from Rodders brilliant taken goal, due to lack of match-fitness, he had a bit of a stinker

Good
1 Goal :soccer:
1 good pass

Bad
4 lost possession
3 lethargic presses
2 poor passes
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Rodrigo Moreno

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

1964white wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:25 pm Wolves

Apart from Rodders brilliant taken goal, due to lack of match-fitness, he had a bit of a stinker

Good
1 Goal :soccer:
1 good pass

Bad
4 lost possession
3 lethargic presses
2 poor passes
He was awful until the goal. Looked like Bamford coming back from injury. Couldn't get his brain and feet in sync. But then he did take his goal brilliantly. He's back!