Rodrigo Moreno- Joins Al-Rayyan confirmed

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
velo
Manager
Manager

Re: Rodrigo Moreno-Out for 2 months

Post by velo »

hector wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:15 pm It doesn't matter whether he can read it or not..... You have still commited the crime,
Please stop baiting Velo.... We are getting fed up with it now
How many warnings does this fool get
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
Pullhard
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Pullhard »

Frustrating as he has been immense for us this season though there was a sense on inevitability about Rodders getting injured - its been the story of his time since he signed.

Nobody mentioned anything about risk on Saturday. Hindsight is 20-20 vision and all that. He likes to play every minute. Going into Forest he wouldn't have played in two weeks if there was no game time against Accrington. Also trying to manage the minutes for Paddy's recovery possibly and keep him building.

Yesterday the forum was full of praise about our depth from midfield up. Now is the time for the depth to prove itself .... as is the case with the so called big clubs.
We keep saying we are a big club.
Or are we a big club with a small club mentality?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:29 pm We weren't 3 - 0 up! That's the difference with the Accrington game Leon

( We lost 3 - 0 to Crawley I'm sure you remember 🙈)
I know Swannie.

I'm not too concerned as I feel we have plenty of attacking options, firepower & goals imo!

If we lost Wober to injury, I would be worried as we'd be back to the disorganised defence we've all witnessed over the last three seasons, the reason why Jesse didn't risk Adams.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Pullhard wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:00 pm Frustrating as he has been immense for us this season though there was a sense on inevitability about Rodders getting injured - its been the story of his time since he signed.

Nobody mentioned anything about risk on Saturday. Hindsight is 20-20 vision and all that. He likes to play every minute. Going into Forest he wouldn't have played in two weeks if there was no game time against Accrington. Also trying to manage the minutes for Paddy's recovery possibly and keep him building.

Yesterday the forum was full of praise about our depth from midfield up. Now is the time for the depth to prove itself .... as is the case with the so called big clubs.
Totally agree - massive loss though, so I can understand the frustration despite it being somewhat misplaced in my opinion.
1corvus1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by 1corvus1 »

:tup:
andrewjohnsmith wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:10 pm Did he do it in the game? I didn't hear that part. But I did question why we'd bring him on at 3 up. Would have been perfect time for Joseph or Perkins to play.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

velo wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:52 pm How many warnings does this fool get
He has called me a fool - please ban him. A bit like Al Capone you can ignore the serious crimes and get him on a technicality.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Pullhard wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:00 pm Frustrating as he has been immense for us this season though there was a sense on inevitability about Rodders getting injured - its been the story of his time since he signed.

He didn't bring him on for Bamford though and maanging Bamford's minutes had no bearing on the decision considering we had 2 other strikers ont he bench as well as Rodrigo. Not playing for two weeks is hardly an issue either considering this stop start season.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:13 pm I know Swannie.

I'm not too concerned as I feel we have plenty of attacking options, firepower & goals imo!

If we lost Wober to injury, I would be worried as we'd be back to the disorganised defence we've all witnessed over the last three seasons, the reason why Jesse didn't risk Adams.
We do and we don't. If Bamford does okay we should be okay however Bamford has always been streaky. Hopefully it works out not to bad and being 'forced' to play Bamford works out to our benefit.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:19 pm We do and we don't. If Bamford does okay we should be okay however Bamford has always been streaky. Hopefully it works out not to bad and being 'forced' to play Bamford works out to our benefit.
I reckon Gnonto & Rutter are going to create havoc for some defences too!
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:23 pm I reckon Gnonto & Rutter are going to create havoc for some defences too!
Hopefully. The pessimist would point to Rutter's poor goalscoring record and Gnonto hasn't exactly been prolific either. Both look capable though and for where we are a player just having a purple spell of say 4 goals in 3 matches could be huge for us.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

velo wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:01 pm So how .any players got injured during Bielsa's reign?
Why is what Bielsa did or didn't do relevant to Marsch dropping a total bollocks and causing Rodrigo to be out injured for 2 months?

Nothing to do with Bielsa, pure deflection. Marsch is at fault.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

I think faaip is dead on. I really think there was some sort of agreement with Rodri to give him some game time given that there was a two week gap in league play. Rodri has an intensity about him and is almost always visibly upset when he is substituted. The priority was to give Rutter a debit and to give Bamford more game time to get match fit. But I really suspect that Marsch made an agreement with Rodri to give him some game time to maintain his match fitness.

I’ve gone back and looked at the last 20 minutes of the match and for the life of me cannot find the episode that is the cause of the injury. Honestly, for all we know, he tweaked his ankle walking off the pitch in the locker room. Has anyone else heard further details behind the source of the injury? I’m genuinely curious.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Stop y'all pappin on bart nart.

He won't be missed, in fact he won't get back in the team when fit ( that's if he ain't feigning injury again)

We'll be just fine and better with PB.

You heard it here first, no need :tup:

Ps

Jesse's a prick for bringing him on when 0-3 up, you couldn't make that up, especially with what was options from the bench .

Mental, just mental.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

JoeDenver wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:43 am I think faaip is dead on. I really think there was some sort of agreement with Rodri to give him some game time given that there was a two week gap in league play. Rodri has an intensity about him and is almost always visibly upset when he is substituted. The priority was to give Rutter a debit and to give Bamford more game time to get match fit. But I really suspect that Marsch made an agreement with Rodri to give him some game time to maintain his match fitness.

I’ve gone back and looked at the last 20 minutes of the match and for the life of me cannot find the episode that is the cause of the injury. Honestly, for all we know, he tweaked his ankle walking off the pitch in the locker room. Has anyone else heard further details behind the source of the injury? I’m genuinely curious.
I couldn't see when the injury happened, it could have been lingering waiting to explode, so may have occurred in the next training session, anyway.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I'd be more concerned if was Adams or Wober were out for two months as we have no quality/efficient cover in those two positions.

We have several attacking options.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:26 am I couldn't see when the injury happened, it could have been lingering waiting to explode, so may have occurred in the next training session, anyway.
1964white wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:31 am I'd be more concerned if was Adams or Wober were out for two months as we have no quality/efficient cover in those two positions.

We have several attacking options.
The report said he picked up the injury in the game. Given how soon the rumours came out would appear to back that up as usually players don't train the day after the match.

I think we have been extremely lucky in the timing of the injury as it has coincided with Bamford being back and looking sharp - and people actually discusing whether to have started Rodrigo or Bamford. If it had happened whilst Bamford was out we would have been really screwed as without Rodrigo's goals we would be really floundering.

Hopefully Wober won't be a flash in a pan. We have had several players over the years come in and look great initially then gone on to be decidingly average - usually after we turned the loan move into a permanent deal such as with Sol Bamba. Sometimes players just look better initially cos they have come in and replaced someone who was playing really poorly.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

This was ont he official Leeds United website:

Rodrigo faces two months on the sidelines following an ankle injury sustained in last Saturday’s Emirates FA Cup tie at Accrington Stanley.

The Spanish international, who has scored 12 goals so far this season in all competitions, suffered bone and ligament damage as a result of a challenge and has undergone minor surgery.

The medical team at Thorp Arch are confident that Rodrigo will return to play by the end of March.

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... 2FeYCoFENU
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Wober hasn’t been fully tested yet. He’ll get that on Sunday as Forest aren’t going to sit back like Brentford.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:34 am The report said he picked up the injury in the game. Given how soon the rumours came out would appear to back that up as usually players don't train the day after the match.

I think we have been extremely lucky in the timing of the injury as it has coincided with Bamford being back and looking sharp - and people actually discusing whether to have started Rodrigo or Bamford. If it had happened whilst Bamford was out we would have been really screwed as without Rodrigo's goals we would be really floundering.

Hopefully Wober won't be a flash in a pan. We have had several players over the years come in and look great initially then gone on to be decidingly average - usually after we turned the loan move into a permanent deal such as with Sol Bamba. Sometimes players just look better initially cos they have come in and replaced someone who was playing really poorly.
Didn't Sol Bamba go on to play really well for his next club?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Jaydog wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:47 am Wober hasn’t been fully tested yet. He’ll get that on Sunday as Forest aren’t going to sit back like Brentford.
Spot on, Jay. He's looked decent so far, but he's only played against lower league opposition and a Brentford side who came for a point. Bigger challenges ahead.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson