Brenden Aaronson

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Brenden Aaronson

Post by The Subhuman »

Needs to release quicker but better today. Still think RSM is his best position..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Agreed that he had a decent game. Was the creator of some of our most dangerous chances today.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Still useless end producy and knocked off the ball far too easily. Better today but still so frustrating.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Have to say, I really like Aaronson.

Yes, he’s lightweight, yes he gets knocked off the ball easily but he also drives us up the pitch. He reminds me a bit of Lewis Cook, and how he used to get the ball near our own penalty area and drive us up to their box. I always feel he has the odd goal in him (I know his stats in that regard are dreadful).
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
King Hennessy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by King Hennessy »

Barlow Boy wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:09 pm Have to say, I really like Aaronson.

Yes, he’s lightweight, yes he gets knocked off the ball easily but he also drives us up the pitch. He reminds me a bit of Lewis Cook, and how he used to get the ball near our own penalty area and drive us up to their box. I always feel he has the odd goal in him (I know his stats in that regard are dreadful).
Hes still very young in his first season in the best league In the world. He will get better and he doesn't shy from the ball. He definitely needs to stop falling over so easy. Once he finds the net a few times, he will gain more confidence and improve his end product. He was thrown to the fire this year and he hasn't been terrible. He's has good performance s and bad performances but that's what you would expect from any young inexperienced player.
From a far away land that some call "Chiraq"
geeno_philly
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by geeno_philly »

Aaronson is the same weight as Messi and 4" taller (Messi reference only for height). Hes a lightweight and certainly needs more muscle density to survive in EPL. He is 22 and built like my highschooler. Rumor has it, will be training in offseason with Phila Eagles strength coaches. Expecting him to come in 5-7 lbs heavier next year and different physique. I think he will figure out the timing better as he goes on, but I am getting a little frustrated as well. We need more goals from regular play, vs wonder strikes.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

He's really frustrating.

Clearly talent there, against Chelsea earlier in the season he was exceptional. Needs to improve his decision making, few times today he should have played the earllier ball. Also needs to strengthen up a bit, got to fight for it in the Premier League.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

BRIGHTON

Why or why?

Good
2 decent passes
1 saved shot on target
1 tackle

Bad
3 lost possession
2 poor crosses
1 poor pass
1 awful shot over the bar
1 touch too many on the break with Rodrigo in oceans of space
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Wolves

Better, but still not enough imo, lacks composure

Good
3 interceptions
2 decent passes
2 runs
2 blocks
1 good press
1 tackle
1 good cross

Bad
2 lost possession
4 poor pass
1 poor shot off target
1 missed/scuffed shot
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Needs more space, don't think he'll get that in the prem playing attacking mid. He's probably a winger or narrow winger in this division.. We have a lot of those.

Left wing Gnonto, Sinistera, Harrison
Right wing - (trickier to rank but) Sinistera, Rutter, Summerville, Aaronson
AMF or #10 - Sinisterra, Gnonto, McKennie, Rutter, Aaronson, Roca imo
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:48 am Needs more space, don't think he'll get that in the prem playing attacking mid. He's probably a winger or narrow winger in this division.. We have a lot of those.

Left wing Gnonto, Sinistera, Harrison
Right wing - (trickier to rank but) Sinistera, Rutter, Summerville, Aaronson
AMF or #10 - Sinisterra, Gnonto, McKennie, Rutter, Aaronson, Roca imo
It is his awareness of where other players are that he lacks. Great players always seem to have space but it is usually because they know where opposition players and their own teammates are. As such they know where to protect the ball before it comes to, how they want to receive it and where they are going to be playing the ball too.

His close control sometimes allows him to wriggle out of a tight situation. If he can imporve his awareness then there is no reason he can't be a very good player.
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

I believe this season will be and has been a big learning curve for him. Totally different football from what he has been used to. The physical side of the game in the Premiership has probably come as a bit of a shock to him and I'm sure he is more than aware that he needs to do something to combat that for next season, and I'm sure he will.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:09 pm Have to say, I really like Aaronson.

Drives us into dead ends :lol:
King Hennessy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by King Hennessy »

https://twitter.com/brfootball/status/1 ... 83522?s=20

Aaronson with a first half goal on international duty. It's only against a terrible side In Granada, but it's good to see him hit the back of the net. He's struggled with his end product so maybe this can bring him confidence. 2 for Mckennie in the first half as well.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

King Hennessy wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:04 am https://twitter.com/brfootball/status/1 ... 83522?s=20

Aaronson with a first half goal on international duty. It's only against a terrible side In Granada, but it's good to see him hit the back of the net. He's struggled with his end product so maybe this can bring him confidence. 2 for Mckennie in the first half as well.
Hopefully will give them both a confidence boost which they will carry into the Leeds games. Could definitely be huge for us if those 2 chipped in with a couple of goals each in our remaining games.
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

weasel wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:20 am Hopefully will give them both a confidence boost which they will carry into the Leeds games. Could definitely be huge for us if those 2 chipped in with a couple of goals each in our remaining games.
Huge indeed!! Brenden took his goal well last night. Was very composed in tight space and turned and hit a low hard shot. All the things he has struggle with with Leeds...
Football/Futbol/Soccer
1964white

Post by 1964white »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:50 pm Huge indeed!! Brenden took his goal well last night. Was very composed in tight space and turned and hit a low hard shot. All the things he has struggle with with Leeds...
Brenden doesn't get as much time to turn & take a touch in the Premier League.

Hope he proves me wrong in our next few games.
King Hennessy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by King Hennessy »

1964white wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:07 pm Brenden doesn't get as much time to turn & take a touch in the Premier League.

Hope he proves me wrong in our next few games.
That is 💯💯. The Granada defense is not MLS standard let alone premier league standard, but I'm hoping that just seeing one hit the net will get Aaronson to bury some for Leeds with the limited space he will get. He's still a young lad and sometimes a confidence boost is all a young man needs.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Good players know how to create or find space, for me Aaronson has been a huge let down. Some of that space is created using your upper body strength. He reminds me of what Jack Clarke was like once he came back after his "Red Bull incident" Weak.
He comprises the worst of Helder Costa and Dan James.

After years of being brainwashed by Jesse Marsch into kicking the ball vaguely in the direction of the penalty area this fella needs taught something more productive.

In the run in he needs to add some assists.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Arsenal

Good
4 passes
2 crosses
2 runs
2 interceptions
1 shot on target (saved shot)
1 tackle
1 block

Bad
1 lost possession
1 pass

Brendon's best game in a long time, imo!