Brenden Aaronson

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Transfer News Brenden Aaronson

Post by Cjay »

First piece of reliable transfer news.

We have had a £15million bid rejected for the USA International midfielder/winger.

His club Red Bull Salzburg are usually more than happy to sell players even in January but they have a Champions League knockout match vs Bayern Munich and are against losing a key player.

He has 10 goals and 12 assists for the Austrian side since he arrived in January 2021 and has solidified himself as a key member of the USA national team last year scoring 4 of his 5 international goals in 2021.

One potential issue may arise from an unusual source, in March we are going to court against Red Bull over JKA, that is unlikely to encourage Red Bull to do business with us again
Last edited by Cjay on Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Brenden Aaronson- RUMOUR

Post by Cjay »

Decent deal if we can pull it off but we do have a tendency to focus all month on one target and then end up getting nothing in panicking and getting a JKA situation.

I hope we haven't got all our eggs in one basket
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Won't get excited, because these transfers never seem to materialise. But he would be just what we need.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

As Cjay says, the JKA fiasco may leave a bad taste with Red Bull. On the other hand, money talks.

I know nothing about this lad but everyone seems excited so I assume he could do a job. Hope it happens.
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

For the attacking midfield role he looks perfect - all the more so when we simply don’t have any other option for that position currently. There’s nothing to lose, and he can always play as a winger if needs be!
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

Isn't 15m apparently was all we had for a player, they are probably waiting for us to come with a 20m offer to reject again, and then newcastle come in with 30m.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

One slightly concerning aspect is all reports say Red Bull Salzburg are adamant he will not be sold in January.

We once chased a player for a whole month despite being told no repeatedly and effectively told to stop calling. . . . Che Adams.

LUFC then ended up signing JKA . . . .

Leeds being confident doesn't give much comfort.

Leeds were confident they could sign Che Adams.
Leeds were confident they could get Lewis O'brien for £4mil.
Leeds were confident they could sign Said Benrahma for £12mil.

LUFC have a history of being a bit well, deluded.

I hope we don't get this wrong again
Signed

King Cjay

Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Cjay wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:33 pm One slightly concerning aspect is all reports say Red Bull Salzburg are adamant he will not be sold in January.

We once chased a player for a whole month despite being told no repeatedly and effectively told to stop calling. . . . Che Adams.

LUFC then ended up signing JKA . . . .

Leeds being confident doesn't give much comfort.

Leeds were confident they could sign Che Adams.
Leeds were confident they could get Lewis O'brien for £4mil.
Leeds were confident they could sign Said Benrahma for £12mil.

LUFC have a history of being a bit well, deluded.

I hope we don't get this wrong again
According to Beren Cross, RB Salzburg may not want to sell till after the World Cup as they think his value will skyrocket.

It's hard to see why they would if he's in contract, they're still in the CL and they'll get significantly more for him in 6 months.
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

The one thing that may drive this through is that he appears to want to go to Leeds

He sees the style of play which completely suits him, he sees the promotion of young talent, and he sees the opportunity to work under a legendary manager. Brendan may push this through by placing a transfer request -let’s see how serious he is in the coming days/weeks
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Leeds United will up their bid to £20mil.

If accepted this would make Brenden Aaronson the 2nd most expensive American player after Christian Pulisic and would be more than they received for Sadio Mane and Erling Haaland.

However all sources still say that Red Bull Salzburg have no intention of selling.

Furthermore the multi billionaire club don't need the money now and aren't under pressure to sell.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

But they might get to keep a disgruntled payer
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

It is reported they are sending club representatives out to Austria. Sounds like a charm offensive if true. Question is does the kid need convincing to join us.
Plenty of reported obstacles around this deal. Hope it goes through as he sounds very promising, likelihood of it happening is not very high if the kid is uncertain.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

I'm sticking this where I've stuck Paddy. Out of my thoughts for this season :)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:22 am I'm sticking this where I've stuck Paddy. Out of my thoughts for this season :)
As I am too Swannie, make do with what I have.
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

If Paddy or Kalvin make an appearance it will like getting a new player, but we wont hold our breath.
There Is Only One United.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Anyone else think we may be overpaying a bit here?

Always feel our relationship with player values is odd.

Paying more for Brenden Aaronson than Sadio Mane or Erling Haaland just seems excessive.

Anyway this has all the hallmarks of a no deal but least we tried from Angus on February 1st.
Signed

King Cjay

Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

Cjay wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:41 pm Anyone else think we may be overpaying a bit here?

Always feel our relationship with player values is odd.

Paying more for Brenden Aaronson than Sadio Mane or Erling Haaland just seems excessive.

Anyway this has all the hallmarks of a no deal but least we tried from Angus on February 1st.
gone from 15m to 20m and apparently saltzburg want to keep him but he is keen on a move to leeds. but woudnt go over 20m
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

I think 20million is about right. There's a huge ceiling in this player, has the right kind of engine, wants to come to Leeds and play under Bielsa (over champions league), and if nothing else, will increase our profile further still in one if the biggest emerging markets in world football right now, USA.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

20 would be cheap for a starter
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Played today for Salzburg.

Can't help but feel we need to take the hint?

Their position seems clear.

Move on for January
Signed

King Cjay